PetEdge Reviews

CEO

Titanic

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beverly, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beverly, MA

I have been working at PetEdge

Pros

Great people work here, the Cummings Center is great.

Cons

This place is a sinking ship. Operationally it takes forever to get anything done, the pay structure is unfair and illogical, revolving door and constantly losing great people, horrible benefits. To anyone looking to apply here, just don't do it, save yourself the frustration and the time.

Advice to Management

Open up to more suggestions from your employees. There are many intelligent people working here, give them a chance to prove themselves.

2. UNFAIR PAY MORE WORK GET LESS THAN NEW HIRES

Former Employee - Call Center in Beverly, MA
    Former Employee - Call Center in Beverly, MA

I worked at PetEdge (More than a year)

Pros

Some folks are friendly people will be fake to your face ( most times )

Cons

They will promote you and give more work then turn around give the same or higher pay to new employees give them a SR title to justify the higher pay same SR reps who don't know the process and contribute to company decline with miss information errors and do not meet any metrics I was let go after I found out that a new hire made few bucks more than I did but I was supposed to be there help line?

Advice to Management

Reconize the employees that have been there for years give them a bit more pay for there knowledge as they are the ones who keep things running new hires are great but how can they make more pay as somebody who worked there for years? Unfair and probably illegal

Sad Decline

Former Employee - Marketing in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Marketing in Boston, MA

I worked at PetEdge full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A lot of great people who are trying really hard to get things right are working here.

Cons

Greed brought this company down. Instead of being the best grooming products/independent pet supply company they could be, they got big dreams of supplying big box stores and in doing so way overextended themselves, alienating their current customer base and taking their eyes off of the biggest challenge--which was staying ahead of the game in an increasingly competitive online marketplace.

Advice to Management

Create a system of checks and balances so that you are making the best decisions for the company overall, not to suit individual whims. Eliminate the culture of fear. Increase your compensation to the industry minimum.

Can't rate less than 1

Former Employee - Former Employee
    Former Employee - Former Employee

I worked at PetEdge (More than 8 years)

Pros

This company is dying so soon enough no one will be able to make the dumb decision to accept a job here.

Cons

Inept management, unbelievably bad pay for the amount of work they expect, time off is a joke and if you like work being dumped on you that you have no idea how to do and will be given almost no help this is the job for you.

Advice to Management

Stop kissing the backside of a guy who has no clue what he is doing. Just another company that proves rich kids have no business running a company their father built. He took a company that was doing well as a small business and under the illusions of grandeur has turned it into a giant turd that is circling the drain. Resign and run.

Complete Letdown...JOKE!

Current Employee - Dealer Services
    Current Employee - Dealer Services

I have been working at PetEdge full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are the best part of the company. Finding parking is easy

Cons

Between processes changing daily, micro-management, inept VP's, Managers and a CEO that is CLUELESS about his company...where to begin? What started as a great place to work, is a soul sucking, sinking ship. Terrible atmosphere and morale. Go work for the competitor, you'll be much happier. This company is not far from going under. If you want to make commission, go to a company that offers what they sell-this company doesnt know how to order and in constant backorder status leaving customers with no product and your pockets empty!

Advice to Management

Fire upper management and start over. There is some great talent that is wasted on people who could care less. Tune into the culture of your employees and stay the course. Changing your mind everytime the wind blows, its annoying and not a motivator

On borrowed time

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at PetEdge

Pros

I worked with some good people

Cons

Some Executive Management need to be replaced immediately before any more damage is done

Advice to Management

Remove the dysfuntional management and start fresh with new eyes. Employees do not respect current so called leaders.

Financial Troubles?

Current Employee - Accounting in Beverly, MA
    Current Employee - Accounting in Beverly, MA

I have been working at PetEdge full-time

Pros

The Cummins Center is a nice building.

Cons

It seems like there are major financial troubles here. Vendors are being paid extremely late causing a difficult working relationship with those who supply us. People are leaving the company at an alarming rate. I'd say the future looks bleak unless some process changes are made

Advice to Management

Reverse the trend before it is too late

9. Writing is on the wall...

Current Employee - Customer Service in Beverly, MA
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Beverly, MA

I have been working at PetEdge full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Convenient location Plenty of parking Lot of nice people who are easy to work with

Cons

Management will move you to another department doing a different job and keep you at the same pay rate. No opportunities for promotion/raise. Get a million emails a day concerning constant process changes No enforcement on drug use, dress code, so workplace lacks professionalism. Managers come to work with tattoos showing. Products constantly on backorder, company orders just enough to get by. Even in stock product takes forever to ship.This causes a flood of order cancellations and many of these customers have been with us for years. Inept management, inept hires who constantly keep making mistakes which cause customer's to think we don't know what were doing, because we don't! The writing is on the wall with this place. Don't waste you time accepting a job offer here. If you already work here, get out now.

10. Shameful! Disgusting!

I worked at PetEdge

Pros

NONE! NONE! NONE! NONE! NONE!

Cons

-Sr. Team is the worst I've seen in my career. Disorganized, narcissistic, just plain embarrassing, Not one of them has a clue how to run a company or a department. From an ethical and moral perspective they have some soul searching to do! Funny considering the whole business is selling puppy toys! You'd think there would be SOME compassion! -Employees are treated like they work in a sweatshop! To have to ask to go to the ladies/men's room is beyond humiliating. -Benefits and vacation are horrible. And even with the little vacation employees are given, they are denied the ability to take it--causing them to lose it based on the use-it-or-lose-it policy. -Pay......hahahahahahahaha! Enough said, right!

Worst job I have ever had...

I worked at PetEdge full-time

Pros

Proximity to my home Great co-workers

Cons

Everything.... * Awful senior management * Awful mid-level management * Never experienced such micro-management in my life! * Salaried employees have to clock in * Managers will listen to your sales calls without your knowing * During sales blasts, they won't let you leave the office...no matter if you have hit your goal or need to pick your child up. * Clearly a lot of drug users and when brought to management's attention, they pretend it doesn't exist * Awful technology * You can sell as many products as you would like, but chances are they didn't pay their bills...so your clients won't get their merchandise. Which in return, you won't get commission on it.

Advice to Management

Get a new management team! Pay your bills! Create a better work/life balance

RSS Feed </> Embed