PetSmart

PetSmart Reviews in Atlanta, GA

Updated Jul 8, 2014

PetSmart CEO David K. Lenhardt

David K. Lenhardt

Pros
  • Professional; working with animals is rewarding; decent pay; good team(in 65 reviews)

• Worked as a hotel employee for two years - great hours (usually full time hours), long shifts(in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • There are not always full-time opportunities for interns available upon their graduation(in 44 reviews)

• Think twice before signing up for this, or apply for cashier or pet care department(in 38 reviews)

23 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Best place ever!

Bather (Current Employee) Lawrenceville, GA

ProsGreat team, attitude, and ect. all bad is out weighed by the face that you can move up soooo quickly.

Conssmall space, some young kids who dont care.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe kids at the register dont need to be on there phones....come on guys!

I loved the pets, not the people

Cashier (Current Employee) Roswell, GA

ProsThe pets were awesome. Everyday was a new pet experience

ConsHours and favoritism. If one manager decided he/she doesn't like you. They will cut your hours and make working miserable

Advice to Senior ManagementMake it an actual equal oppurtunity employer

Great atmosphere. Great retail job.

Petsmart PetsHotel Associate (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsCo-workers are your best friends and the management is very generous.

ConsCan get boring and mundane. Compensation is very poor.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advise. I had great managers.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Family and pet friendly

Salon Manager (Current Employee) Alpharetta, GA

ProsPositive work environment with good people

ConsA lot of physical labor and sometimes working with difficult animals.

Advice to Senior Managementimprove the interview process

If you love animals, this is a great place to work.

Cashier/Stock (Former Employee) Suwanee, GA

ProsWorking with people and their pets can be rewarding. Co-workers can make the job good too.

ConsPay is the norm for an hourly retail position...lower end of the scale.

Very corporate

Support Manager (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsThe animals and the people

ConsCustomers .... Not enough focus on proper animal nutrition... For instance they still sell foods like gravy train.... It's like 80% corn filler

Area Supervisor

Department Supervisor (Current Employee) Newnan, GA

Prosgood benefits and salary, room for growth

ConsUpper management too controlling of everything.

Advice to Senior Managementmore hands off approach

Overall good/positive energy in the stores but overall lack of incentive for low level employees.

Pet Care Specialist (Current Employee) Acworth, GA

ProsPetSmart does strive to connect with their employees by providing an uplifting environment and by striving to make the work environment enjoyable for all employees. They provide weeks where the employees are celebrated and reward positive energy.

ConsThough they do attempt to make their employees happy and content, they do not provide adequate incentive for their employees. While managers receive many bonuses based on store performance, low level employees struggle to achieve a fifteen cent raise once a year. Many employees also feel frustrated with the constant cutting of hours. I went from having at least thirty hours every week to twenty-one and this has caused me to try to find a second job.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember that in order to survive you need low level employees to be happy and satisfied with their jobs. Many part-time employees are frustrated with the overall lack of incentive to perform.

A job, not career

Dog Trainer (Current Employee) Marietta, GA

ProsIts a job, income and hours, and you get to work with pets. There are a variety of things to do there so if you are self motivated you will never be bored.

ConsAs a manager recently told me, anyone in retail is disposable and it's all about sales...it's a job, not a career path. Turn over is high and management is overworked.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat people with kindness, like they matter, not like they are disposable or unimportant. It is noticed.

Ok Place to work

Pets Products Manager (Former Employee) Roswell, GA

ProsWorking for this company is great. They give you everything you need to grow with and learn. Full time benifets are great.

ConsExtensive policy that are over worked. Working on hoildays like christmas and thanksgiving.

Worked for PetSmart? Contribute to the Community!