PetSmart

PetSmart Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

PetSmart CEO David K. Lenhardt

David K. Lenhardt

Pros
  • Professional; working with animals is rewarding; decent pay; good team(in 65 reviews)

• Worked as a hotel employee for two years - great hours (usually full time hours), long shifts(in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • There are not always full-time opportunities for interns available upon their graduation(in 44 reviews)

• Think twice before signing up for this, or apply for cashier or pet care department(in 38 reviews)

Awesome!!!!

Petsmart PetsHotel Associate (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThis job is the best job I ever had. I work in the pethotel and if you love dogs this is the job to have everyone is very nice I love my co-workers and my managers. There is never any kind of hostility in the work environment.

ConsThe only con is that the pay is not that much starting out, but if your willing to work its not that hard to get promoted.

Best place ever!

Bather (Current Employee) Lawrenceville, GA

ProsGreat team, attitude, and ect. all bad is out weighed by the face that you can move up soooo quickly.

Conssmall space, some young kids who dont care.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe kids at the register dont need to be on there phones....come on guys!

Great mission and good people

Middle Manager (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsCollaborative environment, less political than other companies I've worked for.

ConsCan be too collaborative at times making innovation and growth slower than it should be.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on growing the business and agility.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I have never been happier.

Salon Manager (Current Employee) Scottsdale, AZ

ProsPetSmart is an amazing company to be a part of. You have the ability to really grow and become someone you can be proud of. Being surrounded by pets and pet parents all day..... where else can you do that :)

ConsSalon managers really should be salaried managers.

Laid back atmosphere, amazing management.

Lead Cashier (Current Employee)

ProsGetting to play with animals all day makes any stressful day easier.

ConsCorporate sets stupid goals that don't work on store level.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake decisions that actually work on the store level. The people who make these decisions cannot be sitting behind a desk all day.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Pet Trainer

ProsI get to work in a wonderful environment with good people, and I play with puppies all day. I also get to improve the bond between pet parents and their pets, including helping them overcome negative behaviors and prevent other poor behaviors from developing that might damage their relationships.

ConsThere are not enough hours for me to support myself.

Excellent Retail Management Job

Pet Products Manager (Former Employee) Millville, NJ

ProsAs a manager I was well trained. Since this retail store only consist of one type of consumer it is much easier to manage. Every time a new policy or procedure is rolled out, there is training for existing staff.

ConsHours can range and you will need to work a minimum of 50 hours per week.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork hard and do your best and you'll be guaranteed to move up within the company.

Great place to work

Staff Accountant I (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsGreat company, fantastic culture. Accounting group is great to work with. Training opportunities are plentiful. Fantastic work life balance. Campus is great - onsite gym, childcare, dog park and more.

ConsLots of turnover in the last year. Going through a period of adjustment as a company.

The best retail job I have ever had!

Store Manager (Current Employee)

ProsGreat compensation package! A company where you actually bonus! How can you not love a job where you get to be around pets all day!

ConsRetail is retail, but not much else to complain about.

Advice to Senior ManagementI understand that we have competition and we need to stay on the top, but we are making too many changes too quickly without thinking it through first. The leadership team is saying one thing one day and then "let's do the exact opposite the next". This is very trying and confusing and frustrating to your store leaders.

My experience at pet smart is very nice

Cleaning (Current Employee) Bronx, NY

ProsIm a very hard working person

Conskeeping PetSmart Clean and Looking WonderFul

Advice to Senior ManagementAll Ways Get A person Who Cleans Your Company And Understanding Your Company

Worked for PetSmart? Contribute to the Community!