Petco

Updated Dec 16, 2013

Petco CEO James M. Myers

James M. Myers

4 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great place if you love animals

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Petco as an intern for less than a year

ProsThere are quite a bit of animals to wonder about, new fish seen everyday

ConsThe smell of the store in some places can hinder you nose and can get upsetting very quick

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more friendly with animals around customers

Oh no!

Assistant Manager (Former Employee)
Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Petco full-time for more than a year

ProsWorking with animals and great customers.

ConsFor starters, the pay is insulting and in Arizona they work you to death because you dont get overtime. This company is by far the most unethical company I have worked for. They do not value their employees and there are so many things that I have witnessed firsthand that are unbelievable. I have seen managers stealing, employees turned down for promotions because of reasons totally unrelated to thier job perfomance, harassment, confidential employee information leaked and so on... I had placed several calls to HR and upper management and nothing was done. My concerns were completely dismissed, so I left the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo your job!! You are an embarassment to the corporate world. I am ashamed that I ever for you.

Ok place

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Petco

ProsThe people are very friendly and helpful. They really care about pets. They care about the employees and have a great team.

ConsThe hours are bad. They do not care about your home life. They expect you to put the company first.

Advice to Senior ManagementThink about he people that work hard everyday that got Petco to the place is is. In other words remember the small people.

Ok

Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Petco

ProsLove the customers and their pets, they look happy to come in. Also, coworkers are great. It's fun coming into work knowing you are going to have fun.

ConsThe pay could be better. If upper management would stop cutting hours then maybe the employees would be happier working here.

Advice to Senior ManagementHow about giving raises where raises are due and giving employees recognition for a job well done. Company morale would go up.

Worked for Petco? Contribute to the Community!

Petco Videos

Petco – Why Work for Us?

Improve the lives of pets and their parents. If you have a passion to enhance the bond people have with their pets, PETCO has the career for you. You’ll work in a fun environment with great people who share your… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Petco reviews and ratings in Phoenix, AZ — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Petco CEO James M. Myers. All reviews posted anonymously by Petco employees.