Petco Reviews in Phoenix, AZ

2.9

Petco CEO James M. Myers
James M. Myers

Pros
  • Working with animals is the best part of the job, there's always something new walking through the door (in 62 reviews)

• YOu get to bring your pets to work, most people were really nice (in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management relies on their "team of experts" to make decisions regarding the animals in the store (in 31 reviews)

• The pay was minimum wage with no advancement for dog bathers (in 30 reviews)

More Highlights

4 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great place if you love animals

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Petco as an intern for less than a year

Pros

There are quite a bit of animals to wonder about, new fish seen everyday

Cons

The smell of the store in some places can hinder you nose and can get upsetting very quick

Be more friendly with animals around customers

Oh no!

Former Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Petco full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working with animals and great customers.

Cons

For starters, the pay is insulting and in Arizona they work you to death because you dont get overtime. This company is by far the most unethical company I have worked for. They do not value their employees and there are so many things that I have witnessed firsthand that are unbelievable. I have seen managers stealing, employees turned down for promotions because of reasons totally unrelated to thier job perfomance, harassment, confidential employee information leaked and so on... I had placed several calls to HR and upper management and nothing was done. My concerns were completely dismissed, so I left the company.

Do your job!! You are an embarassment to the corporate world. I am ashamed that I ever for you.

Ok place

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Petco

Pros

The people are very friendly and helpful. They really care about pets. They care about the employees and have a great team.

Cons

The hours are bad. They do not care about your home life. They expect you to put the company first.

Think about he people that work hard everyday that got Petco to the place is is. In other words remember the small people.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Ok

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Petco

Pros

Love the customers and their pets, they look happy to come in. Also, coworkers are great. It's fun coming into work knowing you are going to have fun.

Cons

The pay could be better. If upper management would stop cutting hours then maybe the employees would be happier working here.

How about giving raises where raises are due and giving employees recognition for a job well done. Company morale would go up.

Worked for Petco? Contribute to the Community!