Peter Piper Pizza

Updated January 29, 2015
Updated January 29, 2015
3.2

Joseph Luongo Jr.

Great place to grow a career....

I have been working at Peter Piper Pizza full-time

Pros

I started there washing dishes and worked my way up. They train you on payroll, HR, marketing, everything. Lot of work but great knowledge gained.

Cons

Busy busy busy. You must be willing to to complete many timebound tasks daily with little labor. Must be highly organized.

Stick with it. It may be stressful but PPP takes care of you if you are willing to make sure every guest leaves happy and you take care of your team.

Decent first job, but you aren't respected by corporate

Former Employee - Game Room Attendant in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Game Room Attendant in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Peter Piper Pizza part-time (less than a year)

Pros

-Easy job. I was a game room attendant, so I just stocked tickets, did basic game repairs, operated the carousel and the roller coaster, and helped out at the prize counter.
    -I got along well with my coworkers. They were what got me through my shifts on the tough days.
    -Game room attendants are on a separate schedule and labor count from the kitchen crew (at least at my store), so we always got good hours (25+ a week) and we were never sent home early due to labor getting too high like the kitchen crew was.
    -Free soda throughout your shift, and one free personal pizza, side, or salad per shift. 25 percent discount when you aren't working.
    -If you like kids like I do, this job is pretty fun. If you don't like kids, you probably shouldn't work here. Particularly in the game room where you're constantly around them.

Cons

-We constantly got angry parents who'd blame us if a game didn't give them a lot of tickets or wasn't working, or if their kids were too short to ride the roller coaster. Some cussed us out and complained to the manager. I personally found the parents a lot more annoying to deal with than the screaming kids.
    -Cleaning up various bodily excrements that kids produced once in a while. But that just comes with this type of job.
    -We really didn't get breaks. On a slow day, we could go eat our food in the prize closet in between game issues. But forget that on weekends. I worked nine-hour shifts without a break on some Saturdays. And Saturday was mandatory every week. All of the game room staff was scheduled on Saturdays because they needed all of us.
    -We got paid minimum wage. You qualify for a review after one year of working there, but the raises are tiny from what I've heard. I didn't stay there a full year, so I don't know for sure.
    -Corporate is truly ridiculous. My store was right next door to the regional headquarters, so those people were always coming in and griping to us about something we weren't doing up to standard. Nobody in-store liked corporate, not even the general manager.
    -It's too easy to get written up and fired. Corporate fires people left and right here. I got fired after ten months for not immediately stopping the roller coaster when a kid turned around in his seat. (I stopped it after about 30 seconds after I gave him two warnings to turn around.) I was honest in job interviews about that, and most of the hiring managers just laughed and thought it was ridiculous. I had no trouble finding a new job after getting fired from this place. And when I was texting with one of my former coworkers about a month later, he told me that two other people had already gotten fired since me.

Only work here if you have to.

Current Employee - Training Professional in Glendale, AZ
    Current Employee - Training Professional in Glendale, AZ

I have been working at Peter Piper Pizza part-time (more than a year)

Pros

You meet some of the best coworkers of all time. Good learning Experience, especially if you become a Training Professional.

Cons

I've worked at 3 different locations, and each one has shown me, that the company does not care about you. They will not hesitate to replace you If they have to. They will cut your hours at random, they don't care about your word. To them, you're not paid to think. I've worked here for 1year and I haven't had a single pay raise. We just got bought out by Chuck E Cheese, and now our insurance is terrible. Again, only work here if you have to. I would not recommend working here to anyone.

Promote People, and actually supervise your stores. I've dealt with three terrible General managers who only act like a General Manager when the Big Bosses come in.

Not as good as I wish it would be

Current Employee - Day Crew in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Day Crew in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Peter Piper Pizza part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very flexible hours, free pizza, meet some great friends

Cons

Very low pay, No chance at advancing (been there for almost 3 yrs and they keep hiring new managers instead of promoting from within), refuse to move me to full time, cheap owners

Could be better. If you're in high school and looking for some extra income, sure, go for it.

Current Employee - Dough Preparation in Yuma, AZ
    Current Employee - Dough Preparation in Yuma, AZ

I have been working at Peter Piper Pizza full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Some jobs you are able to be rather self-sufficient, such as prep work
    It can be a reasonably fun job at times, dealing with lots of different types of people
    It's not hard work, in general

Cons

No real raises that I have seen
    Management often doesn't communicate well with employees
    Management has not heeded even one of my suggestions in regards to equipment maintenance, requests for other personnel to do their jobs properly, ensuring that I have some of the tools that I need to do my job

Turnover has been high at the restaurant where I work. The reasons are simple. You can't treat people with disrespect and hold threats over their head and expect people to perform for you.
    Myself and several other good workers have been ignored when we have brought up complaints about performance issues, maintenance issues, or other aspects that were necessary or good to the business.
    Pay issues and pay raises are terrible.

Good place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Peter Piper Pizza

Pros

Good pay; good work life balance

Cons

Pretty good place overall; nothing major to complain about.

It was okay working for Peter Piper Pizza

Current Employee - Game Room Attendant in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Game Room Attendant in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Peter Piper Pizza part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Easy work, flexible schedule, and great co-workers

Cons

Lots of people, poor hours, poor pay.

My experience at the triple p lounge

Current Employee - Shift Manager in Mesa, AZ
    Current Employee - Shift Manager in Mesa, AZ

I have been working at Peter Piper Pizza full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fairly easy to move up in the company, after one year of being a team member I was promoted to a shift manager, after my second year I was offered an assistant position. It's a fun environment.
    I have had great leaders above me.

Cons

The guests.
    each location is different, but nothing will make this job more miserable than the over demanding society we have today, and that is not necessarily the companies fault. I am just throwing it out there.

Decent

Current Employee - Cashier in Glendale, AZ
    Current Employee - Cashier in Glendale, AZ

I have been working at Peter Piper Pizza part-time (less than a year)

Pros

You have fun at work even when we are over run by people, co-workers and managers are super friendly, 25% discount of menu items, best place for a first job

Cons

Hourly pay is for someone just wanting extra cash, not enough hours

I'm thankful for this job and the growth I've had in it but it's time to move on to bigger and better things.

I have been working at Peter Piper Pizza part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

As a team leader we get free pizza, very slow at times, great co workers and free all day every day drinks.

Cons

Management have favorites and those favorites get away with a lot, overworked at times and I feel underpaid but its a good college/ high school job.