Peterson Technology Partners

Updated September 12, 2014
Updated September 12, 2014
2.5

Nirav (Nick) Shah

“Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  North Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in North Chicago, IL

I have been working at Peterson Technology Partners as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits, great opportunities to move around if you can develop the right career.Great experience overall. I learned more from the individuals I worked with rather than the materials I worked on.

Cons

Salaries may not be as competitive
    many administrate level or process, and not efficient

OK Company to work for

Former Employee - Java Developer  in  Hoffman Estates, IL
    Former Employee - Java Developer in Hoffman Estates, IL

I worked at Peterson Technology Partners as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

- Good work environment
    - Compensation/salary is OK
    - Clear transparency with client

Cons

- No opportunity for personal growth
    - Compensation could be more
    - Management doesn't really care after sometime
    - Management doesn't reply to queries quickly
    - Poor management
    - No communication with contractor before ending contract with client

- Increase compensation
    - Create good relationship with contractors
    - Provide more career opportunities

Worst company ever typically marwadi gujarati just look for their profit

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  Hoffman Estates, IL
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Hoffman Estates, IL

I worked at Peterson Technology Partners as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

No reason except you are in very much need of it.
    There are few good employes who got trapped in them.

Cons

very very very low wages, they get marginal 100k for each employ they are providing and in return they pay you just 35-40k. They are just brokers and no where in consulting they just know to talk and make deals with manager nothing else. He dont know ABCD of technologies also.
    would never advise to anyone for this company my paychecks were always late by 2 months and when i left the company my witholdings were more than 5k and they paid that more than 6 months later that too i was about to file a case against them and sue them for that.

Nick & Jay
    Stop all guju things
    grow up it wont let you move up ahead much
    learn some business ethics, some times i doubt that you are a gujju(indian) or not coz indian dont have such ethics

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Horribly Unethical

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  Rolling Meadows, IL
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Rolling Meadows, IL

I worked at Peterson Technology Partners as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

For the fist month was paid on time

Cons

Extremely unethical, very shady, will do anything to make a profit. That includes flat out deceit, lying and other unscrupulous activities. They treat their software consultants like dirt, and have no respect or loyalty towards any former, current or future employee's

Sell your business and go into politics, your completely unethical and decrepit quest for the almighty dollar will serve you well.

A Great Company to work for

Current Employee - Technical Program Manager  in  Hoffman Estates, IL
    Current Employee - Technical Program Manager in Hoffman Estates, IL

I have been working at Peterson Technology Partners full-time for less than a year

Pros

A great company to work for. The management team is very honest very empathetic and is always looking for ways to enrich the experience of the consultants. I hear from them often, and see them going out of their way to come see me and make sure all is well with my placement. Nick and Jay are very personable and very approachable

Cons

Nothing rally bad to say, I feel so at home here, they care,they are honest and they are accessible.

Continue looking out for your consultants It is a rare thing in this cut throat industry today. Always be honest and open and go the extra mile to make the consultants/employees experience positively memorable

Review of working priorities

Current Employee - Director  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Director in Chicago, IL

Pros

small, office , good company to work for

Cons

The location is tough to get to by transpo

Bad company to work for

I worked at Peterson Technology Partners

Pros

The only good thing is that job placement guaranteed. So, if you just starting your career and don't have other options probably it is worth the shot.

Cons

Low pay, poor benefits. Management cares only of quick turn around of profit and takes advantage of their employees.

Bad Company

I have been working at Peterson Technology Partners

Pros

Placement- You'd end up getting a job

Cons

All about money making, doesn't care for their employees.
    Inactive in communication
    Dishonest
    Unprofessional
    My entire batch was dissatisfied with this agency

I had a very unpleasant experience being hired by Peterson Technology Partners.

Former Employee - Copywriter  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Copywriter in Chicago, IL

I worked at Peterson Technology Partners as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

I have really nothing nice to say about them. They were completely disrespectful and duplicitous in dealing with me in a forthright manner.

Cons

Peterson Technology Partners is the most unprofessional placement agency I have ever worked with. They’re disorganized, disingenuous, deceptive and downright duplicitous.

I was on a six-month gig that was located in the downtown Chicago area. But almost from the beginning of the assignment, I began having accounting problems with my bi-weekly ADP payroll statements. Sometimes checks would not arrive in my Direct Deposit account on the day promised. Sometimes checks were deposited in my account nearly a week late. When I would call about this issue, Peterson rarely responded promptly. Waiting forty-eight hours (or longer) for a response was not unusual.

Then about three months into my assignment, I stopped getting ADP online payroll statements for over a month. During that time, I had no way of keeping track of my hours, payroll deductions or any other basic payment/accounting information. I repeatedly complained about this, but Peterson’s attitude was dismissive and arrogant. They refused to deal with this issue in a forthright manner. They even refused to send me the statements via the U.S. mail, claiming “it was out of their hands.” But the end, they stopped responding to my phone calls and e-mail messages entirely.

Finally, the problem was resolved. But it took months to rectify – and only after I threatened to report them to the appropriate regulatory agencies.

I would discourage anyone from working with Peterson Technology Partners in the strongest possible terms.

You guys need to be more honest and forthright with your contract workers, and act in a much more professional manner.

Unprofessional and Shady

I have been working at Peterson Technology Partners

Pros

You do eventually get placed in a position.

Cons

They are completely unprofessional. The "training" is nothing more than sitting in a room and coding all day. There is no one to teach or instruct you. The only thing you have is a nightly conference call where you get berated for everything you do. To get anything done, you have to consistently berate the higher ups and they will do their best to either avoid you, ignore you, or give you vague answers. There is no orientation or guidance with anything. You are left in the dark the whole time. The lack of information is what keeps this shady business going. The positive review is definitely written by an employee there. Ironically it seems the review is catered to speak positively about all the negative aspects of this company. Avoid at all costs.

Learn what it means to be a professional company. Its not enough to just talk like a big-shot. You have to be able to act like it.

Worked for Peterson Technology Partners? Contribute to the Community!