Petroplan Reviews

CEO

Petroplan in Houston, Texas

Current Employee - Health & Safety Business Analyst in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Health & Safety Business Analyst in Houston, TX

I have been working at Petroplan as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Provides great opportunities, advice, industry trends and opens doors to other areas you might not expect.
    They have dedicated recruitment consultanst to meet your needs. Their staff meets with you once a year to discuss your current career experiences and offer you tips and recommendations to advance your career.

Cons

There are no negative comments.

Good company image only a facade

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Houston, TX

I worked at Petroplan full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There are no pros for this company.

Cons

They laid me off without any warning and right before Christmas. The company is small and we all know the CEO. It was a cruel move.

Learn more about the people who are doing well and are committed versus the ones who are not before laying people off. It's difficult to manage from overseas. I was very successful at my job and had planned on staying with the company long-term.

Review from an honest former Petroplanner

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Guildford, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Guildford, England (UK)

I worked at Petroplan full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fantastic company to gain exposure to the Oil & Gas world! Thorough in-house Oil & Gas, Recruitment and Database training is provided - it's apparent Petroplan invests in its training resources to ensure Recruiters get the right support from the get go, helping them deliver and be the best they can be.

Benefits are competitive from salary, holiday entitlement, pension and private care! - you really wouldn't get this from any other mid-sized recruitment company, it's a sell.

Stakeholders played an integral part during my time at Petroplan, they were approachable and accommodating, you are seen as an equal and loved like a son or daughter - the Company still has a bit of that "family-run" feel.

Flexible and understanding employers if you need to get away for personal reasons - not that it's a common trait, knowing there's flexibility there can say a lot about a Company and its culture.

Cons

Work-life balance superb, you make it your own, you get what you put in - this is no way put upon you by management or expected.

Making wrong hiring decisions which has had huge impact on teams - any Company going through change will experience these mistakes, Petroplan aren't the only ones and they shouldn't be scrutinised for it.

You will have challenging moments with other Recruiters from time to time but the end goal remains the same - and anyway it's recruitment after all, you're bound to come across some funny Divas and stroppy Kevin's so embrace them!

Retention is key, recruitment companies tend to have a high turnover but please continue to listen to your staff - I'm referring to all divisions; those who bill and those who are seen as "overheads".

Keep up with the marketing campaigns! You're doing great!

I've learnt how important Business Development is moving into a 360 role, maybe this could be enforced a little more with the right individual leading it or Trainer.

Middle management are not educated on how to correctly approach sensitive topics for example; managing a Probation Period of an employee - managing this incorrectly has the potential to damage the Company's reputation. Train middle management or exclude them from the process entirely.

Nevertheless, my overall experience has been a good one, I would recommend Petroplan to anyone!

The Petroplan UK Experience from a previous Recruitment Consultant

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Guildford, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Guildford, England (UK)

I have been working at Petroplan full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You will be offered thorough Oil & Gas, recruitment and database training. Competitive Benefits - (all companies say it but you really do get great Benefits with Petroplan). Relaxed Stakeholders who are totally approachable, with over 25 years industry knowledge behind them. You will be invested in provided you perform and work hard, could include qualification sponsorship - dependent on relevance to your role of course! Database shouldn't be underestimated, I realised this after moving on to another company... Recruiters make the atmosphere.

"Fantastic people, aiming for success and fortune!"

Cons

Turnover appears high, it's apparent they're still finding their feet in the market but hopefully with the right heads on-board Petroplan should have no problems achieving their objectives and overall strategy. Morale can vary like any other recruiting agency out there! There really aren't any "back-stabbers" just people with opinions who like to be heard.

Try to stay on track and invest in those who are making the numbers (placements, not calls) and "cut the fat" - referring to people who clearly don't want to be there, it can create low morale and becomes entirely demotivating for all who want to make it work.

Recruitment professionals!

I worked at Petroplan

Pros

I worked at one of the branch offices for more than 2 years. Excellent work environment with a very talanted and professional staff. Training and development opportunities. Global client base including BP, Amec, Total, Petrofac and many others.

Cons

In my opinion there were no serious cons during my employment. Additional benefit package such as meal allowance, family insurance would be good of course.

Keep up the good work!

Great Company - Won't be leaving anytime soon!

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Petroplan full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Work with like minded people, these people want to succeed and make money but want stab you in the back and trample on you to do so! There is a great atmosphere in the office with a good buzz which isnt forced by senior management it is a natural buzz due to the fact of everyone wanting to do well!

There is also one of the best Commission Schemes in the industry!

Great back office support mean you have more time to recruit and less time completing administrative tasks

Cons

Like all recruitment Companies you may have to sacrifice some of your social time, however this isn't forced upon you.

Keep it up!