Pfizer

Updated Jul 21, 2014

3.3 1,069 reviews

Pfizer President & CEO Ian Read

Ian Read

Pros
  • Benefits,Growth opportunities, diversity, supports work life balance, employee gym(in 61 reviews)

• They offer good pay and benefits(in 35 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is sometimes compromised because of the workload of activities(in 27 reviews)

• Dynamic industry does not lend to job security(in 31 reviews)

1,069 Employee Reviews

Great Experience!

ProsLearned a lot and was allowed to be independent in the Lab.

ConsI have no cons when I interned at Pfizer.

Too corporate.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBig pharma generally means higher salaries

ConsBig pharma generally means lack of individual recognition

Advice to Senior ManagementAbandon the "managed distribution" for performance reviews

Great company. Salary not as competitive with other companies.

Manager (Current Employee)

ProsGreat work-life balance, benefits, and work environment

ConsSalary and bonus pay structure

Advice to Senior ManagementSalaries still need to be reevaluated, other smaller pharmaceutical companies way out perform us. We are supposed to be the best. We need to reward employees on a more regular basis.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Pfizer Consumer Healthcare

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWilling to partner with Retailers to drive category sales and share. Looking for ways to improve retailer's market share in key categories. Focused on building partnerships through driving shopper, category, and consumer insights. Solid training and good benefits.

ConsSometimes slow to act on Retailer's key initiatives and market trends to make changes to programs and product mix. Tended to over-focus on a few customers vs. driving sales and share across all classes of trade.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the "customer" - which in this case are the retailers, to better understand their focus. When doing shopper research, expand beyond a hand full of customers to include representation across all classes of trade.

Great environment, if you can dodge the layoffs

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat Salary, Room for advancement,

ConsConstant Downsizing, No Job security

Great Co benefits

Human Resources (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat overall company benefits, pay and offers flexible work environment

ConsAs financials or projects change you may be expected to relocate or be laid off.

Great company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Proswonderful opportunity to work with highly talented people, terrific work environment, interesting projects, forward thinking (at least tend to be), very collaborative culture, good salary, great benifits,

Conslarge organization, many proceses, lots of meetings, very matrixed organization, not easy to navigate around, not agile enough to today's rapidly changing standards.

Advice to Senior Managementtry to be more agile

Pfizer Inern

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsVery professional, great people to help grow my skills

ConsCompany seems to cost cut too much when drugs go off patent

Great benefits, some great people, no job security

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsI worked in a small division that had a great culture and everyone was very focused on the task at hand. Great benefits and work/life balance and we had a lot of fun in the group I worked with, not common in the larger organization. Benefits are great.

ConsConstant reorganizations and changing business plans create an environment where you never know what you will be doing 6 months/1 year from now. Different divisions are very protective of there work so collaboration and communication is very difficult.

Advice to Senior ManagementShare a long term business plan with everyone, don't keep secrets so people can focus on work rather than the constant discussion of who is being laid of next. Everyone works in fear of that day they get let go.

Enjoyable company.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe people are friendly, easy to get along with.

ConsNo cons for me because it was a temp position.

Worked for Pfizer? Contribute to the Community!