Pfizer

Updated Jul 21, 2014

3.3 1,069 reviews

Pfizer President & CEO Ian Read

Ian Read

Pros
  • Benefits,Growth opportunities, diversity, supports work life balance, employee gym(in 61 reviews)

• They offer good pay and benefits(in 35 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is sometimes compromised because of the workload of activities(in 27 reviews)

• Dynamic industry does not lend to job security(in 31 reviews)

1,069 Employee Reviews

Summer Intern

ProsHighly productive environment. Mentors are strict but nice and instructive. Teamwork spirit.

ConsNot much. Well the work-life balance may not be as good as some other pharma, but still quite good

Advice to Senior ManagementNot much. Keep up the good work. Hope the next acquirement will be successful.

Account Manager

Account Manager (Former Employee)

ProsGood resources to use with customers, great internal teams

ConsVery flat organization, few opportunities for in-position advancement,

Pfizer global marketing

Senior Director (Former Employee)

ProsGood compensation flexible work arrangements

ConsConstant Layoffs, poor and declining morale

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

great

Senior Scientist (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

Proswork and life balance is good. flexible working time. no hurry for the work.

Consno appreciation for assocaites senior manager cares more for their own benefits not for the junior assocaites.

Advice to Senior Managementcare for science not politics

It was good ,up to a point...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe salary is good, the benefits are decent, and the working conditions are good. The working environment was good and it was really clean place to work.

ConsYou were consistently dealing with low employee morale and poor quality employees on an almost daily basis. You weren't always dealt with on an upfront basis and the company line wasn't followed at the site level all the time.

Competitive

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere are a lot of very talented people in the organization to learn a lot from. Summer Fridays are a plus too.

ConsThose very talented people can at times become a little too competitive which may may hinder progress. Politics per usual.

Ever changing

Postdoctoral Fellow (Former Employee) Cambridge, MA

ProsSalary, benefits, people, the best equipment

ConsThere were 3 major overhauls/layoffs in the 1 year I worked here. Too much time spent on meetings and not enough on the science

Scary

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat pay. Good people. Interesting work.

ConsYou never know when you might lose your job. They are slowly taking away all of the benefits that would keep employees. Too scary anymore.

Advice to Senior ManagementSTOP!!! Have faith in YOUR research to come up with good drugs. Stop buying up the world to fill the void then pfiring (see what I did there) everyone to get the costs back down. Allow your staff to feel safe in their job and they will work their butts off for you.... make them nervous and this is what you get.

Hard work gets you no rewards

Proscompetitive base pay, good medical benefits, unlimited sick time

Conspolitical, keeps low performers which brings down the morale, no bonus depending on level

Advice to Senior Managementmotivate your top performers, get rid of low performers

Great Place to work if you are a self starter

Senior Associate Scientist (Current Employee) Pearl River, NY

ProsUnlimited resources, good staff, competitive culture

ConsLarge company dynamics and politics

Advice to Senior ManagementAlways encourage employees to grow it will make them better and more loyal

Worked for Pfizer? Contribute to the Community!