Pfizer

Pfizer President & CEO Ian Read

Ian Read

67 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Regulatory Associate Intern

Regulatory Affairs Associate (Current Employee)
    Groton, CT

Proswork-life balance, good perks and good campus

Consnot as I know of

My career at Pfizer has been rewarding, although we live in a world of shrinking resources.

Systems Analyst (Current Employee)
    Groton, CT

ProsPeople, venue, culture, benefits, career paths, opportunities, inclusiveness, open door policy, minority hiring practices, flexibility, salary competitiveness, personal development opportunities.

ConsFear implications of constant change (potential job loss, site closures, mergers, downsizing, belt tightening, doing more with less, disparity between executive salary % increases vs. rest of company employees, offshoring. etc, etc, etc).

Advice to Senior ManagementWhat happened to rewarding employees for a job well done? In 2013, stock price goes up, pay for performance goes way down. This is not an incentive for future personal sacrifice.

Loved it as an intern, wish I could get past the hiring freeze to get back in

Associate Scientist (Former Employee)
    Groton, CT

ProsI was only an intern here, but I loved the experience. Everyone is highly motivated, intelligent, and most importantly, friendly! My immediate superior was more like my mentor than my boss. Everyone I worked with was kind and helpful. They really do a good job caring for their employees, from what I saw during my few months there. They care a lot about employee's live outside of work and have lots of programs that encourage health and activity. If they weren't going through such a hard time, it would be a great place to work. I would love to go back and work there!

ConsIt's very hard to get your foot in the door there, because of all the hiring freezes right now. I was lucky enough to get an internship there, which is a feat in and of itself, and even that did not guarantee me a job no matter how hard my supervisor tried to help me get a full-time job. I had two calls from two different departments that were interested in me, but they could not bring me in even for an interview because they were not allowed to bring in anyone due to the freeze. I really have no complaints other than I can't get back in the company!

Advice to Senior ManagementHave a little more contact with the scientists.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Innovative and fast moving for "Big Pharma"

Director (Former Employee)
    New London, CT

ProsScale
    Very professional work environment
    Dedicated employees
    Worthwhile mission

ConsUpheaval - non stop acquisitions and restructuring. Considerable layoffs

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on a few critical initiatives and grow by developing your own drugs instead of buying them.

good company to work for

Senior Associate Scientist (Former Employee)
    Groton, CT

Prosthey have a great benefits

Consthe are constantly laying offs

Overall, it's been a good ride...

Regulatory Manager (Current Employee)
    Groton, CT

ProsPay and benefits are all you could ask for, and the company does a lot for the local and global communities.Most of all, I really appreciate my amazing co-workers, who care about what they do and are committed to delivering new medicines to patients. The company does a great job of keeping people focused on what's important and tries to make it easier to get your work done.

ConsHaving said that, it's a really big company, so it CAN be hard to get things done sometimes. It's also been difficult to see so many of my coworkers lose their jobs. Job security hasn't been great in recent years.

I had a great experience as an Engineering Co-op at Pfizer, Inc in Engineering Technologies.

Engineering Co-Op (Former Employee)
    Groton, CT

ProsAs a student, I was assigned on-going work that actually made an impact on the group I was working in. There was little to no typical intern work which made the whole experience more worthwhile.

ConsIt is a large company, so at times communication between different groups was difficult and as a Co-op I was not included in the summer student program even though I was there during that time and had to be proactive about finding out what events were happening.

Generally a very good company to work for

Senior Associate Scientist (Former Employee)
    Groton, CT

ProsLarge company with excellent benefits, treated employees very well.

ConsConstantly downsizing, with little to no plan for future success.

Software Application Development Team Leader/Member

Software Engineer (Former Employee)
    Groton, CT

ProsThe people chosen for my team were almost entirely apolitical, technically excellent, and focused on the goals of the project. Almost every technical meeting we had, someone would bring the question(s) with which we were wrangling back to "...so how does this benefit the customer?" Our manager was very smart, very savvy at working the organization above him, and took completely to heart the managers' job of being an umbrella for everything that "rolls downhill," so as to keep the team focused and motivated. A dream team.

ConsThe team has since been disbanded, and while the project has been moved into "Maintenance Mode," it is still being rolled out to new locations. Sponsor and manager were let go, most of the team members have either left the company or are in new roles over which they are far less satisfied.

Advice to Senior ManagementBespoke software can, in fact, be a competitive advantage.

good company but no so descent

Formulation (Current Employee)
    Groton, CT

Proshigh salary and good condition

Consno position and always lay off people

Worked for Pfizer? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pfizer reviews and ratings in Connecticut — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Pfizer CEO Ian Read. All 67 reviews posted anonymously by Pfizer employees.