Pfizer

www.pfizer.com

Pfizer Reviews in Kalamazoo, MI

Pfizer President & CEO Ian Read

Ian Read

Pros
  • Benefits,Growth opportunities, diversity, supports work life balance, employee gym(in 61 reviews)

• They offer good pay and benefits(in 35 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is sometimes compromised because of the workload of activities(in 27 reviews)

• Dynamic industry does not lend to job security(in 31 reviews)

19 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

I had great experience at Pfizer

Organic Chemist (Current Employee) Kalamazoo, MI

ProsVery professional environment, plenty of opportunity to learn new skills, have some very smart people who work for this place

ConsThe food in cafeteria is not that great, it is little bit impersonal place to work at as all big companies are.

Company treated me very well overall - benefits, pay, etc.

Senior Manager (Former Employee) Kalamazoo, MI

ProsCompletely surrounded by tremendous talent! A feeling of doing something good for people!

ConsWAY TOO CENTRALIZED in their leadership and running the company. Also, Board is too lazy, or too cozy, to take action and get rid of total screwups at the Executive through "C" level positions. Why waste the time and money on a board if their experience, decisiveness and leadership insights are not going to be utilized to protect the shareholders. Case in point - length of time 2 successive previous CEO's to Ian Read were allowed to run company into the ground and the value lost. Shameless!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementEstablish clear responsibilities for the Board Overwatch responsibilities and tie all of their pay/incentives AND that of the C-Officers to long term improvements, and gains - not short term focus that brings in the constant major bonuses!

"Pfizer is a Good Company to Work For."

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Kalamazoo, MI

ProsCompensation and benefits are better than most companies. There is opportunity for advancement wihin the company with the right skillset. Employees are more than willing to meet demanding deadlines to make sure the customers needs are met.

ConsWith the many layers of management decision making can be slow to get things done. Outsourcing too many jobs to contractors can hurt the company.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Pfizer Kalamazoo - what a ride!!!!

Senior Manager (Current Employee) Kalamazoo, MI

ProsThese have been absolutely the best people with whom I have ever worked!!!! There is no challenge too large or unique that they will not take on and just completely "crush it!" - Overachieve

ConsLeadership - senior level for site andtheir superiors, are out of touch with the shop floor workers and too wrapped up in their egos! No decisions can be decentralized - everything is very much dictated and micro-managed in spite of the massive amounts of talent and creativity at the Site!

Advice to Senior ManagementBack off and let your taalented bench play!! Just let them take care of current day-to-day business and you focus on what challenges/opportunities are coming down the road for which we need to begin planning and preparation.

Great pay and benefits but management is nepotistic. Image is more important than qualifications.

Quality Chemist (Current Employee) Kalamazoo, MI

ProsExcellent pay and benefits. Good work life balance.

ConsYou better be in good with management if you want to be promoted or move around. Integrity and respect have been lost among the management. The promotion requirements are obscure. The company is too large.

Overall, a good place to work that is always changing and challenging.

Chemical Operator (Former Employee) Kalamazoo, MI

ProsThe opportunity for advancement and educational reimbursement program create an atmosphere of ever improving oneself to offer each employee and the company a better future.

ConsThe schedule was very difficult to sustain. At times we were required to work 19 days at a stretch without a day off. We would then be given one day off and return to work the following day. The opportunities for overtime pay were excellent but no time to enjoy life or family.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should be more sensitive to the needs of all employees. Many people have a need or desire to work a lot of overtime while others do not. Have options for employees who would rather work a normal schedule.

For the sane at Pfizer is not the place to be in. For the insane at Pfizer, it is a time of your life.

Senior Process Technologist (Former Employee) Kalamazoo, MI

ProsHigh salary and little work

ConsReapply for your job every 2-3 year

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease stay at pfizer, we do not want you in our company.

Big East beats down Midwest...

Production Team Leader (Current Employee) Kalamazoo, MI

ProsTop tier company with top tier pay and benes.

ConsSince Pfizer took over its been nothing but downsizing, job elimination, outsourcing and a general lack of respect from management. Pharmacia was growing by leaps and bounds, and Pfizer came into town and stomped on prosperity.

Advice to Senior ManagementLose the Big East disdain for the Midwest...

Pfizer Analyst

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Kalamazoo, MI

ProsGreat benefits, and great opportunities for professional growth.

ConsJob security is very low. Constant layoffs and role shifting leaves employees disillusioned. The general attitude/mood of employees overall is low.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive employees some sense of value and security. The current working environment is difficult at best.

Pfizer great place to work, but constantly cutting people

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Kalamazoo, MI

ProsGreat competent people, enjoyable work, great benefits, good work/life balance, remaining remnant of old UpJohn culture refreshing, good vacation package

ConsConstantly cutting people, never feel secure in job, workload becoming more overwhelming with each additional wave of people cut, corporate micromanages sites

Advice to Senior ManagementPeople at Pfizer are outstanding, let them do their job, minimize the role of corporate and let the sites function more autonomously

Worked for Pfizer? Contribute to the Community!