Pfizer

Pfizer President & CEO Ian Read

Ian Read

235 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Marketing Director

Marketing Director (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsTerrific place to extend one's knowledge significantly. If you want to stay 'static' at your level you can....if you wish to keep growing, there are plenty of opportunities. Hard work and commitment is paid off. Some brilliant minds work here - LEARN from them. Salaries and benefits are great. The best supervisor in my entire career to date has been while at Pfizer. Energetic & high visibility ERG groups as well.

ConsWork-life balance can be challenging. Pfizer pays well...but expect you to work very hard.This will & can be a challenge. Can be a bit of a "big boy's club" at times. Gender imbalances at the top. Had one supervisor, fortunately the only one in my career to date, the used malicious and very underhand workplace bullying. Fortunately, I was able to move after 8 months but he was awful. Be aware it can happen anywhere. The pros at Pfizer, however, far outweighed the cons though!

Advice to Senior ManagementBe aware of supervisors that commit workplace bullying and purposeful lack of inclusion. I experienced a nightmare of a supervisor while working at Pfizer Animal Health, now Zoetis. He did it usually when we were alone and it was difficult to prove. Be hyper diligent about memorializing all interactions with such nasty people.

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times...

Global Clinical Study Management (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsIn the beginning (~2000-2006), it was a fantastic place to work--for the most part, vibrant and intelligent co-workers and superiors, good company values and as an employee you felt part of something bigger and good. Surprisingly good opportunities to expand your knowledge even in the most routine aspects of your role, great benefits, good compensation and a feeling of family. After they started having you interview for your job, combining roles, and neglecting one of their core values "Respect For People", it all changed. Motivation and morale dropped considerably, the average were rewarded while the outstanding were marginalized.

ConsVery little room for career advancement; too many 'old boys' club approaches to business and slightly arthritic in their adoption of technologies and process that would improve the organization.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncorporate 360 reviews where colleagues review their managers--you'd be surprised at the shockingly high number of ineffective, unprofessional managers that hold leadership positions and have no business being there...

Great environment, if you can dodge the layoffs

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat Salary, Room for advancement,

ConsConstant Downsizing, No Job security

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Co benefits

Human Resources (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsGreat overall company benefits, pay and offers flexible work environment

ConsAs financials or projects change you may be expected to relocate or be laid off.

Great company to work in!

Senior Director, Team Leader (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsResources, opportunities for growth, very diverse, great health insurance, compensation is fair, the sky is the limit as far as what you can do- you have to know how to navigate this big organization though...

ConsAs every big company, this one is not different. It's political, tough to navigate and slow to take decisions. Those who manage up- are usually rewarded by Senior. Management.

Great Place to work if you are a self starter

Senior Associate Scientist (Current Employee)
    Pearl River, NY

ProsUnlimited resources, good staff, competitive culture

ConsLarge company dynamics and politics

Advice to Senior ManagementAlways encourage employees to grow it will make them better and more loyal

Cut cut cut

Finance Manager (Current Employee)

ProsSummer Fridays and flexible work schedules. Good 401K match

ConsNo organic growth. Financial engineering is a must. Cuts and stock buy back.

Most difficult place I have every worked to be working from my core competencies - too much bureaucracy

Global Convention Management (Former Employee)

ProsGreat Pay, Interesting Industry, many great people

ConsSlow to change process and have loads of inefficient practices keeping people busy with things outside their main competencies, people submit to a lot of pain for high salaries and prestige, poor quality of life

Advice to Senior Managementcreate better communication through levels and implement a culture of people listening to colleagues up or down the chain of the command and get rid of Pegasus!

Business Analyst

Business Analyst (Former Employee)
    Peapack, NJ

ProsI am proud to say that I worked at Pfizer for more than 3 years

Solid Pharma company with a good reputation. At the time we had a robust pipeline and were preparing to launch several new products that we developed- not bought like some other pharmaceutical companies.

ConsToo much comparison to other territories and areas throughout the nation- like comparing apples to oranges. It was hard to stand out with all the regulations and rules.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement treated employees fairly well. We've made great progress but still have a long ways to go.

Finance internship is a Good experience

Finance Manager (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

Pros-supportive colleagues
    -good pay
    -opens a lot of doors

Cons-work can be tedious (lots of data entry)

Worked for Pfizer? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pfizer reviews and ratings in New York City, NY — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Pfizer CEO Ian Read. All 235 reviews posted anonymously by Pfizer employees.