Pfizer Reviews

3.6
1,119 Reviews

Pfizer President & CEO Ian Read
Ian Read

Pros
  • Benefits,Growth opportunities, diversity, supports work life balance, employee gym (in 61 reviews)

• They offer good pay and benefits (in 35 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is sometimes compromised because of the workload of activities (in 27 reviews)

• Dynamic industry does not lend to job security (in 31 reviews)

More Highlights

Great company in which to build and develop a career

Former Employee - District Sales Manager  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - District Sales Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Pfizer full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great training, good salaries, great benefits, friendly people, and opportunities for advancement

Cons

Company became more bureaucratic and political as time went on and massive layoffs were implemented

Help employees to better adapt to rapidly changing pharmaceutical sales environment

A great place to work.

Current Employee - Senior Manager  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Pfizer full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Work life balance and work style flexibility are strong attributes supporting the companies culture. I able to challenge myself in safe environments while exploring many avenues of opportunity working the others on a global scale.

Cons

A very large engine with many hoops to jump through to get things done. Senior management is attempting to fix this issue.

Pay extra attention to the skills of middle Managers at managing before hiring.

Supply Chain Internship

Current Employee - Project Management Intern  in  Madison, NJ
    Current Employee - Project Management Intern in Madison, NJ

I have been working at Pfizer part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great environment, real work, treated like an employee

Cons

I have no cons for this company

none

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It's been great, very diverse company and always bringing in minorities.

I have been working at Pfizer

Pros

The company is very diverse which is great. Benefits are great but not as good as they have been in the past. The management is great and very humble. No problems so far. 3 weeks of vacation is great as well

Cons

Learning everything and all of the equipment is very complex. I haven't been there long enough to have anything.negative come across to me. Pay is not that competitive although competitive.

Pretty happy so far

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Pfizer full-time

Pros

Excellent working environment; friendly, educated and engaged colleagues; great benefits and perks; lots of flexibility and lateral movement options; a lot of time and energy goes into developing the culture, embracing diversity, and creating an OWN IT! attitude

Cons

Many people in my role seem to stay in this type of position for a significant amount of time (7-25 years). This is definitely not something of interest to me and many Gen X/Y'ers.

Was once a great company; now trying to find itself

Former Employee - Senior Director  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Director in New York, NY

I worked at Pfizer full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

- Large company with many opportunities for career growth. They value and encourage movement across departments thereby enabling you to develop professionally.
    - Great people who are incredibly intelligent and hard working. Made some great friends there.
    - A leader in a very interesting industry. Great resume builder!!

Cons

- Company has been going through reorgs since 2007 and employees are suffering from change fatigue. So there are some morale issues though I have heard that it has gotten better since the last round of changes at the end of 2013.
    - People work hard and depending on the position you are in, it's often difficult to get work/life balance. The culture allows for contact all times of the day and weekend (emails). The leaders say they don't expect an immediate response but everyone does anyway so it looks bad if you don't.
    - Decreased job security given the dismal pipeline and constant reorgs.

Pfizer is a well oiled, big pharma machine.

Former Employee - Professional Healthcare Representative  in  Little Rock, AR
    Former Employee - Professional Healthcare Representative in Little Rock, AR

I worked at Pfizer full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits, lots of perks, free car with insurance and gas.

Cons

Mediocre pay, very conservative culture, fairly high level of micromanagement.

I worked at Pfizer for 9 years in Human Resources and it was a great experience in the Pharmaceutical Division

Former Employee - Human Resources Director  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Human Resources Director in New York, NY

I worked at Pfizer full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I had a great experience and till this day use many of my learnings in all that I do.

Cons

I had no challenges; mobility and career growth was always available. Transitioning from manufacturing to marketing was very easy.

Keep an open dialogue engaging all employees at any level. Ensure marrying the old with the new and recognizing generational workforce issues.

Finance & Business Operations Colleague

Current Employee - Senior Category Manager  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Category Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Pfizer full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great organization to work for with excellent work/life balance. Organization has done a great deal of work in changing the overall culture to an Own It Culture that fosters innovation, collaboration, and respect. Management does a good job in being transparent and encouraging to its organization

Cons

Things take FOREVER to get done, meaning type of projects have to go through numerous approvals that are sometimes unnecessary and inefficient. Also, if you are looking for fast job advancement, this is not the place for you; if you are okay in being in the same role for 10 years, then you will be happy here.

Continue to practice what you are preaching in the Ownership Culture as its core values are meaningful to the organization and its employees. We need to have more career visibility, clarity and advancement opportunities.

Easy to work with as a team

Former Employee - Senior Accountant  in  Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Senior Accountant in Memphis, TN

I worked at Pfizer as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Great management and leadership in place

Cons

Need more focus on short-term objectives

Be more proactive in planning

Worked for Pfizer? Contribute to the Community!