Pfizer

Updated Jul 28, 2014

3.3 1,075 reviews

Pfizer President & CEO Ian Read

Ian Read

Pros
  • Benefits,Growth opportunities, diversity, supports work life balance, employee gym (in 61 reviews)

• They offer good pay and benefits (in 35 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is sometimes compromised because of the workload of activities (in 27 reviews)

• Dynamic industry does not lend to job security (in 31 reviews)

More Highlights
1,075 Employee Reviews

Experienced great managers and coworkers

IT Support (Former Employee) Collegeville, PA

ProsA stimulating set of projects and challenges to solve. Management was supportive in providing guidance when needed while expecting individuals to achieve results and network with the project team, and others as needed, to solve issues. The pace of working interactively with contracted IT resources and the IT internal staff led to great results.

ConsI did not experience any cons. As I was leaving due to contract time limits, staff cutbacks were being announced.

Great experience overall

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI learned alot from leadership, got my formal education paid (mostly) by the company. I was promoted to various positions that continually expanded my skill sets. Worked with great teams and really motivating, smart people!

ConsUnfortunately, when we changed a couple of CEOs, the company took a nose dive. If the senior leaders in charge spoke to people that worked for them, alot of terrible company direction decisions could have be averted.

Advice to Senior ManagementMeet with your teams that support senior leadership and ask their opinion on where the company direction should go.

coder

Coder (Former Employee)

Prosgreat stuff good environment to work

Consnothing was bad, great enviroment

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Nice place to work at.

Engineer (Former Employee) Boston, MA

ProsGood company culture. Promoted to lead projects.

ConsThere are not any cons.

Network/system Engineer

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood solid structure, very big company offices all over

ConsMostly contract jobs, not easy to get in.

Advice to Senior Managementsmart people

Good Company But it Could Use Some Changes....

Pros-Excellent Benefits
    -Good Work Environment; Stable
    -Company strives to achieve good work/home life balance (Three weeks vacation plus a week off in Dec. is very nice).

Cons-It's difficult to change department, especially if you're in Manufacturing.
    -Engineers appear to be favored over individuals with BS on Biology, Biochemistry ect.
    -Raises are minimal . Promotions are a rarity.

Advice to Senior Management-Consider what individuals bring to the table and communicate with groups to learn how each team member's contributions have helped in achieving our goals.

-offer raises that outpace rises in healthcare costs and inflation.

Good company to work for.

Financial Analyst (Former Employee)

ProsOpportunities for advancement are there for anyone willing to do the work.

ConsLarge companies have extra red tape and lengthy approval processes. Pfizer is no different. Sometimes there are non-value added approvals to slow things down.

Advice to Senior ManagementNot all sites are treated equal by headquarters. Management could ease this by allowing employees to provide feedback and seriously trying to address concerns. As with all employers there are good Managers and bad. Make an effort to weed out the bad ones and not shuffle them to a different position.

General Manager

General Manager (Former Employee)

ProsBenefits are good, salary is as well

Consworkers are layed off to quickly

Advice to Senior Managementdon't cut workers so quickly

good place to start career

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgreat work life balance, met many intelligent -hard working individuals, really enjoyed working with co-workers

ConsBig company- more focused on profits and less on people

Innovative and fast moving for "Big Pharma"

Director (Former Employee) New London, CT

ProsScale
    Very professional work environment
    Dedicated employees
    Worthwhile mission

ConsUpheaval - non stop acquisitions and restructuring. Considerable layoffs

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on a few critical initiatives and grow by developing your own drugs instead of buying them.

Worked for Pfizer? Contribute to the Community!