Pfizer

Updated Jul 21, 2014

3.3 1,069 reviews

Pfizer President & CEO Ian Read

Ian Read

Pros
  • Benefits,Growth opportunities, diversity, supports work life balance, employee gym(in 61 reviews)

• They offer good pay and benefits(in 35 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is sometimes compromised because of the workload of activities(in 27 reviews)

• Dynamic industry does not lend to job security(in 31 reviews)

1,069 Employee Reviews

Pfizer global marketing

Senior Director (Former Employee)

ProsGood compensation flexible work arrangements

ConsConstant Layoffs, poor and declining morale

Looking to leave

ProsA wide offering of developmental programs

ConsUnfair practices when it comes to promotions.

Worst experience ever!

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee)

ProsFree Pfizer drugs, ability to commiserate with other inmates.

ConsPfizer got rid of most of its administrative staff so that the execs could keep their jobs and hefty salaries. In return, they all agreed to become administratively independent. Unfortunately the execs still believe that the one and only team assistant is their personal assistant and require instant responses to their demands even though the one and only assistant is receiving similar demands from 20 other people. They try to get their demands met instantly through chastisement and badgering, which is a sub-optimal management style. If the one and only assistant pushes back, s/he is maligned.

Believing that the company can function properly without adequate administrative staff is misguided. There are too many bad business practices to track here, so I won't get into the sadistic systems. Suffice it to say that Pfizer has become the Walmart of the pharmaceutical industry. Administrative candidates and AstraZeneca beware!

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement training!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A horrible experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNone. terrible environment where no one cares

ConsBunch of backstabbers that do anything to get ahead

Constant Layoffs with Lots of employee turnover...not much gets done.

Information Technology Manager (Former Employee)

ProsPros – - good benefit and compensation
    - very little workload and very little work being done
    - onsite gym and flexible working hours
    - helping your manager renovating his house will get you a long way

ConsCons – - all politics and no reward for hard work
    - be careful with the HR. They could lure you back from cancer treatment and lay you off
    - limited career growth for minorities and women in general
    - severance package getting worse over the years

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvice to Senior Management – Move and outsource R&D to China will back fire very soon.

Not a good place if you are support staff.

Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) Boston, MA

ProsThey offer good pay and benefits.

ConsManagement is disorganized and they should hire better managers.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire better management and the overall company will be better place to work.

No Long term Career planning

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood compensation & benefits. Good place for old timers.

ConsContinuous restructuring. No long term career planning. No job security.

Great chemistry, terrible management.

ProsGood scientists scattered throughout organization.

ConsManagement structure without scientific expertise.

Very Very Bad cultured company with fake ego of being no.1 in Industry, no regards for people

PSO (Former Employee) Patna, Bihar (India)

ProsNothing to say, they are hiring people in less package to undeserving people, who made this comapany culture and repo so worst, now they recruit unqualified people who even does kow to speak english and medical terminology,

ConsEven I worked under that kind of NSM who does know to speak english, over all this company is bad for your mental and proffessional health.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire the quality people and try to retain old employee who is gem and face of Pfizer

Pfizer India Current Scenerio

Not Disclosed - I May BE A Part of UPLIFT Before IT IS Announced (Current Employee) Mumbai (India)

ProsIt "USED" be .... And... Yes i Mean It "USED" to be a great company in terms of behavioral, Cultural, and Ethical standards. I love this company even today because This company always taught me a lot and developed me as a Good Professional and Sure to mention.. developed me as a person of ethics....They used to mean what they said, They used to do what they preach and lots of Respect for people and transparency was in the Air which is now On Papers..Today no body listens to others there are lots of piece of workshops, preaching and advises for UPLIFT and they are mere words on wall.
     So the Pros and Cons can be read in the same box here.

ConsYou can be thrown out anytime if your face is not liked by your Boss, If you try to inculcate work ethics and drive process and systems and your superiors only expect you to treat your people as pawns and reap business at any cost...no matter people learn or not, they are helped in becoming a good professional or not or they do it with ethics or not.... though all these things are there in the Books but avoided within the board room discussions and if you try to implement the good learning, you are a culprit, because there are some other culprits around who are not able to compete on ethics, and process's and hence form a group to eliminate you. The Great Pfizer is Dying a slow death.

Advice to Senior ManagementI am Sure the there are still some honest and ethical people at top but they are finally handcuffed and surrounded by people who actually will always pull them back to create a revival of Pfizer. The other Class of such people is in majority. They keep their personal interest in front and not the organizational Interest. So whom to advice the Handcuffed one or the ...????

Worked for Pfizer? Contribute to the Community!