Pfizer

Updated Jul 30, 2014

3.3 1,076 reviews

Pfizer President & CEO Ian Read

Ian Read

Pros
  • Benefits,Growth opportunities, diversity, supports work life balance, employee gym (in 61 reviews)

• They offer good pay and benefits (in 35 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is sometimes compromised because of the workload of activities (in 27 reviews)

• Dynamic industry does not lend to job security (in 31 reviews)

More Highlights
1,076 Employee Reviews

Great salary

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative (Former Employee) Bakersfield, CA

ProsThe best part of this job was the team I was on. We were like a family.

ConsThe only challenges I faced were pharmacy issues with generic substitution

Great experience overall

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI learned alot from leadership, got my formal education paid (mostly) by the company. I was promoted to various positions that continually expanded my skill sets. Worked with great teams and really motivating, smart people!

ConsUnfortunately, when we changed a couple of CEOs, the company took a nose dive. If the senior leaders in charge spoke to people that worked for them, alot of terrible company direction decisions could have be averted.

Advice to Senior ManagementMeet with your teams that support senior leadership and ask their opinion on where the company direction should go.

Well-paid to be part of the machine

Associate Director of Finance (Former Employee) Groton, CT

ProsNot a lot of hours, not a lot work-responsibility stress. People claimed they worked long hours, but the parking lot seemed pretty empty at 8am and at 6pm.

ConsStress about whether you were going to have a job through the endless rounds of layoffs. It was unclear what exactly got someone promoted. In a big, functionally-oriented company, it was hard to see how your contribution really made a difference. With the rapid growth in the 1990s, the mergers, and the endless rounds of downsizing, there is absolutely no authentic culture left. Just a bunch of folks who are passing through.

Advice to Senior ManagementSeriously, stop buying other companies. Trying running the company well. But I guess it is easier to merge with another huge company, fire a bunch of people, and pretend that you have wrung cost savings out of the business. Doing less with less people is not "cost savings."

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Experienced great managers and coworkers

IT Support (Former Employee) Collegeville, PA

ProsA stimulating set of projects and challenges to solve. Management was supportive in providing guidance when needed while expecting individuals to achieve results and network with the project team, and others as needed, to solve issues. The pace of working interactively with contracted IT resources and the IT internal staff led to great results.

ConsI did not experience any cons. As I was leaving due to contract time limits, staff cutbacks were being announced.

Very smart people

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsVery smart people. Most are committed to making the world a healthier place. Good benefits. Depending on your department there may/may not be work-life balance.

ConsToo many colleagues believe that the pharmaceutical industry is undeservedly "under siege." This warrior mentality makes it hard garner support new ideas to get any traction.

Advice to Senior ManagementSupport thoughtful risk-taking. Instead of promoting a "Dare to Try" culture consider promoting a "Dare to Fail" approach.

Good environment and learning experience

Intern (Current Employee) Sandwich, England (UK)

ProsThe majority of staff are very willing to take the time to meet and discuss careers, their work and answer questions. Cohesive work culture - people are very friendly.

ConsSuffers from bureaucracy and a lack of communication between departments. I felt a little underutilised at times. Some staff force you to chase them up to reply to your emails.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake better use of us interns!

Good company but not iam going to retire here.

Director/Team Leader (Current Employee) Madison, WI

ProsSavings and flexible work life but always professional

ConsWill be let go in 8 years

Advice to Senior ManagementStop looking for savings in employment. Out source will be the down fall of you.

Network/system Engineer

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood solid structure, very big company offices all over

ConsMostly contract jobs, not easy to get in.

Advice to Senior Managementsmart people

Very Nice place to work at.

Engineer (Former Employee) Boston, MA

ProsGood company culture. Promoted to lead projects.

ConsThere are not any cons.

coder

Coder (Former Employee)

Prosgreat stuff good environment to work

Consnothing was bad, great enviroment

Worked for Pfizer? Contribute to the Community!