Pfizer

3.6
1,190 Reviews

Pfizer President & CEO Ian Read
Ian Read

Pros
  • Depending on your department there may/may not be work-life balance (in 72 reviews)

• Pay and benefits and the chance to work with a lot of really incredible people (in 37 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is sometimes compromised because of the workload of activities (in 34 reviews)

• The company is always reorganizing and job security is moderate (in 35 reviews)

More Highlights

Very clean,organized and safety minded.

Former Employee - Maintenance in Carlisle, PA
    Former Employee - Maintenance in Carlisle, PA

I worked at Pfizer full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Most of the people are very nice and personable. You usually know what is expected of you and when.

Cons

Management does not care about their employees. They make them work lot of extra time without any notice.
    Many times if you are terminated,you do not know why.
    Several of their so called "Safe Food Handling Practices" have not been followed when accidents have happened due to cost or loss of production.

The first myth there about management,is that it exists. They need to get off their butts,out of the air cond. offices and into the production areas. They also need to follow the dress and hand washing codes they make everyone else follow,apparently,many of them think they have no germs..

Great company to work for.

I worked at Pfizer

Pros

Great people: caring, helping, team players, respectful, wonderful atmosphere.

Cons

Sometimes, the environment was "extremely" fast-paced.

Keep up the great communication between everyone.

World of Big Pharma

Current Employee - Manager in Madison, NJ
    Current Employee - Manager in Madison, NJ

I have been working at Pfizer full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great people that I work with and care about making a contribution. The people care and I get a lot of support from my immediate upper management.

Cons

A lot of politics. Wish we could have more of the "small" company mindset. I would like to see "C-level" management make decisions that affect the company's long-term goals.

Positive experience working with so many professionals!

I worked at Pfizer

Pros

Many opportunities to work with all levels of management. Pleasant work culture. Great leadership to learn from.

Cons

The traffic in New Jersey.

Great place, great company, great times

I worked at Pfizer

Pros

Good work environment, good work-life balance

Cons

None, everything was great at the company when I was there

Pharma networking at its best

Former Employee - Senior Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Representative

I worked at Pfizer full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great start to the industry; training is solid, can learn the pharma business and earn a reputation with physicians in designated territory; Support from direct manager can amplify or stifle your ability to sell into the market.

Cons

Work schedules and expectations are intense. Many after hours activities and programs required to access target physicians.

Pfizer onc

I have been working at Pfizer

Pros

Great benefits
    Compensation
    Established company
    Big
    Known in the industry

Cons

No work/life balance
    High turnover
    No loyalty to employees
    Located in NYC
    Low salary

Rethink company policies

Great place to work

Former Employee - Human Resources in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Human Resources in New York, NY

I worked at Pfizer full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Worked there for over ten years. Amazing opportunity to learn and grow. Many of the smartest people in the industry work at Pfizer. The compensation is fantastic as is the flexibility of how and where you work unless of course you're in the labs.

Cons

Some of the glory days have faded in terms of a strong culture which happens when you have so many M&As.

Ian's a veteran so I think he's got this.

Impeccable training and leadership

Former Employee - Senior Therapeutic Sales Representative in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Therapeutic Sales Representative in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Pfizer full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Talented, innovative group of self-directed individuals who are always willing to help one another. This allows continuous opportunity to learn and grow. Great compensation. Investment in the best training out there, which is why Pfizer is known for having the best representatives.

Cons

The climate of the pharmaceutical industry has changed over the years, with layoffs always looming. It used to be that the majority of employees stayed with the company over 20 years. Now staying for at least 10 years is rare. Not a lot of opportunity to advance in other departments if you start out in the sales division.

Although regulation has increased, don't let it diminish innovative ideas by sales teams. Find ways to offer cross-functional opportunities for growth in new skill areas to help retention.

Great place, great people.

Former Employee - Summer
    Former Employee - Summer

I worked at Pfizer as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Kind people genuinely looking to better the pharmaceutical market by making drugs patients need. Great place to learn and meet new people.

Cons

A lot of training is required given that pharmaceuticals are highly sensitive products. Very large company and at times it is easy to realize your position in the company.