Pfizer

Updated Jul 28, 2014

3.3 1,075 reviews

Pfizer President & CEO Ian Read

Ian Read

Pros
  • Benefits,Growth opportunities, diversity, supports work life balance, employee gym (in 61 reviews)

• They offer good pay and benefits (in 35 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is sometimes compromised because of the workload of activities (in 27 reviews)

• Dynamic industry does not lend to job security (in 31 reviews)

More Highlights
1,075 Employee Reviews

Great company to work in!

Senior Director, Team Leader (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsResources, opportunities for growth, very diverse, great health insurance, compensation is fair, the sky is the limit as far as what you can do- you have to know how to navigate this big organization though...

ConsAs every big company, this one is not different. It's political, tough to navigate and slow to take decisions. Those who manage up- are usually rewarded by Senior. Management.

Very large company but good people in local and mid-management make it feel more personal.

District Manager (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsHigh standards, hard-working and talented field force, enough innovators to keep the juices flowing.

ConsStill too big of a gap between top management and the field. Consistently great reviews of direct and mid-managers, but top layers still don't really understand the impact of changes in the healthcare industry and it's impact on the field's ability to make changes happen locally.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in your people, take interest in their insights, and connect the dots between the reality of today's interactions and how we track and incentivize behaviors. We've made great progress but still have a long ways to go.

very friendly company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Proseveryone is experienced, nice and helpful

ConsBoston is very expensive, so I don;t like the traffic and house price

Advice to Senior Managementso far so good

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Business Analyst

Business Analyst (Former Employee) Peapack, NJ

ProsI am proud to say that I worked at Pfizer for more than 3 years

Solid Pharma company with a good reputation. At the time we had a robust pipeline and were preparing to launch several new products that we developed- not bought like some other pharmaceutical companies.

ConsToo much comparison to other territories and areas throughout the nation- like comparing apples to oranges. It was hard to stand out with all the regulations and rules.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement treated employees fairly well. We've made great progress but still have a long ways to go.

Regulatory Associate Intern

Regulatory Affairs Associate (Current Employee) Groton, CT

Proswork-life balance, good perks and good campus

Consnot as I know of

Good company to work for

ProsVery dynamic company, options for advancement

ConsSometimes overburdened with work especially around POA

Great benefits during hard times

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsPfizer offers great benefits and if you play the office politics game well you can easily find another job within the company when lay offs come. Great work/life balance.

ConsNot very challenging position and no job growth for support staff. But they pay better then most companies so you're kind of stuck.

Experience with good research and great colleagues damaged by frequent restructuring, changing priorities and M&A .

Senior Scientist (Former Employee) Groton, CT

ProsI was a scientist at the bench who found lots of challenge, personally fulfilling research and excellent resources (equipment budget, reagents) for work. My immediate colleagues were great co-workers with a sense of team.

ConsDeveloping a product that requires several years to market is impossible with when reprioritizing, restructuring and site closures occur every six months. There was churn in the personnel in upper management and there was lack of clarity of research goals in middle management. There was little opportunity for career growth for scientists within the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementPick a strategy and leadership team. Then stick with it for several years. Otherwise it's impossible to tell what the 'results' of the strategy are. If workers report that their management is erratic or ineffective, listen those comments and take action.

Well paid, but a part in a machine

Associate Director (Current Employee) Groton, CT

ProsWorking at Pfizer was not stressful, reasonable hours, not a lot of pressure to accomplish something every single day

ConsBecause there wasn't a lot of pressure, if you wanted to actually move fast and accomplish something, it was hard.

Advice to Senior ManagementTypical big corporation where someone who happened to be in the right place at the right time would get promoted. But not necessarily because they were particularly good at their job. This hinders the respect they have from subordinates and limits the subordinates development.

Every year it got worse

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThis company has no values

ConsLeadership is not to be trusted

Worked for Pfizer? Contribute to the Community!