Pflugerville Independence School District

Updated Jun 24, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Charles Dupre

Uplift the morale of children, building solid relationships with their parents as a school crossing guard.

Crossing Guard (Current Employee) Pflugerville, TX

ProsInteraction with the children their parents, school officials and the local police department.

ConsKeeps me up to date and young in thought.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe can learn new and wonderful things from our customer base. Treat customers as we would like to be treated.

Good people, poor leadership.

Teacher (Current Employee) Pflugerville, TX

ProsPeople who genuinely want what's best for students. Good amount of online resources.

ConsToo many meetings, both after school and during planning periods. Student discipline issues not well handled. Parent concerns given far more importance than teacher/administrator pursuits.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive staff more time to plan lessons and find resources rather than continuing to meet and review data. Grow a spine with problem parents/students and preserve the education of other students who want to an education.

Low Pay Little Respect, RUN!

Classroom Teacher (Current Employee) Pflugerville, TX

ProsStudent Behavior problems are minimal, an array of student intervention programs such as AVID, GAME, and CARE. Small district affords the opportunity to make leadership in the Administrative office easily accessible.

ConsPAY below surrounding districts ($3,000 less than neighboring Round Rock ISD) ....Benefits are a minimal, custodial staff is "bare bones", staff required to stay for after school tutorials whether students are there or not....and don't receive extra pay...Principals ignore recommendations of content specialists---why hire them if you don't require principals to listen to them?

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in training administrators on how to buildi positive school culture for faculty and staff. Administrators often violate the concept of "confidential" conversations and gossip to staff about other staff members. If it's necessary to keep salaries low, it would be advisable to offer benefits that offset the low pay or work diligently to improve school cultures!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The staff and leadership of this school district focus on academic achievement and well-being of students.

Education Specialist (Former Employee) Pflugerville, TX

ProsExpert, committed staff at district and campus level

ConsSalary scale is not easily accessible but new leadership is addressing this.

Good at the beginning, but made a bad turn towards end

Teacher (Former Employee) Pflugerville, TX

ProsGood Co-workers, when Supervisors where supportive it is a great environment and listened to ideas.

ConsNot much room for promoting or changes,

Advice to Senior ManagementRemain Supportive and Encouraging for Teachers, helps boost moral during hard times.

Satisfaction of working for PISD will largely depend on the leadership on your campus.

Educational Associate (Former Employee) Pflugerville, TX

ProsHours, holidays and summers are the plus. Most of the staff are nice. Kids are great.

ConsEA's are not always treated with respect by administrators. Not much opportunity for advancing or transferring into other roles within the district. A lot depends on if you know somebody.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive Educational Associates more appreciation for what they contribute to the good of the school and students.

Poor disciplinary policies create bad working environments

Teacher (Former Employee) Pflugerville, TX

ProsVery good access to lots of instructional technology. District Academic Coordinators were helpful and accessable to teachers.

ConsPoor and misguided disciplinary policies made for poor work environments. At the campuses I worked at teacher morale was low. Teachers were subjected to abusive language by students. Teachers were scapegoated for student misconduct. Little recognition for good work.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut teachers first. Remember a teacher's working environment is a student's learning environment.

PISD is a great place to work

ProsPISD is a growing school district with advancement opportunities for all. The district pairs with several local universities to provide affordable master degree programs.

ConsThe district is still growing, so there are times when it is still trying to "catch up" to bigger districts with resources.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe district hired a new superintendent a few years ago and he has made great improvements. He is friendly, honest, and approachable.

Worked for Pflugerville Independence School District? Contribute to the Community!