Phacil, Inc. Reviews

Updated October 23, 2014
Updated October 23, 2014
3.6

Tom Shoemaker

Pros
  • Opportunity to Learn New Skills (in 2 reviews)

• The pros of working for Phacil was the employee's willingness to help and professionalism (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • This is a startup program with a lot to get done very quickly, in the begining there was little work-life balance (in 6 reviews)

• For the size of the company they have too many executives and senior management (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Good company to work for

I have been working at Phacil, Inc. full-time

Pros

Hardly any bureaucracy - Phacil works quickly to get things done, whether it's for customers or employees. Management seems to really care about employees – sends out flowers or other gift to employees on special occasions or deaths in the family. Benefits are pretty good including the standard medical and vision, gym, commuter, education, fair amount of PTO (more than I need every year). If you work in a position where the hours could be flexible, I’ve found that Phacil usually tries to work with you. I’m surprised to see reviews here about greedy managers, bullying, women getting harassed, good old boys network, etc. I have been at Phacil for several years and have never witnessed or heard about any of those things.

Cons

Runs a very tight ship so sometimes hours can be longer during certain times of the year.

Provide more staffing, not just to the writing/BD staff.

To Whom Much is Given, Much is Required

Current Employee - Senior Proposal Coordinator in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Proposal Coordinator in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Phacil, Inc. full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great pay. Wonderful co-workers. Excellent Management.

Cons

Long work hours are required.

Continue to be empathetic as employees do have a life outside of the company

Busy, Rewarding, Challenging, I couldn't ask for more.

Current Employee - Technical Manager in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Technical Manager in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Phacil, Inc. full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Phacil is my family. It started on day one when both Phacil and I took a leap of faith. Phacil convinced me that they had a vision, and I left Oracle where I had job stability. I have grown to love my work, the people I work with and see the vision. Here we are years later and I have learned that as I give my 110%, Phacil will do the same, it a great feeling.

Cons

As with any contracting firm, there are always bumps, in this case it's keeping up with growth.

Keep doing what you're doing...its working.

An outstanding firm with extraordinary employees and management to match…Second to none!

Current Employee - Management
    Current Employee - Management

I have been working at Phacil, Inc. full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Like other industry leading firms, Phacil is a dynamic, fast-paced organization that demands a lot from its employees, but the recognition/rewards are more than commensurate with the workload. If you are talented, and thrive on working with driven, dedicated, passionate individuals - then this might be the place for you. The company’s greatest assets are the amazing employees (from top to bottom), as anyone working for the firm will tell you.

Cons

If you want to be part of a winning team that demands 110% from every individual, day in and day out, this is a terrific place to work…you have to be up for the challenge.

Phacil continues to have a tremendous track record for success and a winning formula as a world-class company. Continue listening to employees and keep doing what you’re doing – stay the course.

No So Great as they Say

Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Arlington, VA

I worked at Phacil, Inc. full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Lots of young proposal writers

Cons

Company low bids on a lot of the contracts. For the size of the company they have too many executives and senior management. If your contract ends, they have no qualms simply letting you without trying to find you something else. They claim to be a top IT company, I did not see anything unique and outstanding when compared to the other IT government contracting companies in the areas. Seemed more of a body shop to fill infrastructure type jobs, such as system administration. They put a lot of work on the proposal teams, writers, capture management, etc.

Where Everyone knows your name!

Current Employee - Subject Matter Expert in Lake Mary, FL
    Current Employee - Subject Matter Expert in Lake Mary, FL

I have been working at Phacil, Inc. full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I have been with Phacil for a year now. I cannot remember one time where I have had an issue with any aspect of management or Day-to-Day business. I have personally met with the President/ Vice President and some of the senior Managers within the company. I can say that all of them so far has had an open door policy . I find it extremely easy to be able to engage in conversation with them, on any topic. This company has actually cared what some of the "Low Level" employee's have to say and will further expect explanations on any ideas that they seem good.

Cons

Rapid Growth has the potential for alienation of some of the smaller programs.

Keep it up!! (Brian E)

So far so good!

Current Employee - Field Voice Engineer/Design in Lake Mary, FL
    Current Employee - Field Voice Engineer/Design in Lake Mary, FL

I have been working at Phacil, Inc. full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Phacil has been great for getting career goals achieved, along with the best benefits I have had working stateside. The company provides close to 3 weeks of PTO a year, education reimbursement, along with gym reimbursement. For someone that is always working on personal health and continuing education this company was a perfect fit for me. Co-workers are like family and are for the most part a joy to work with. Another enjoyment is having a great relationship with the customer and finding it easy to work with them.

Cons

Distance is to work is a slight challenge but not the worst I have had. Still need improvement on Communication, more emails about up coming events & appointments would be nice.

Continue having good open communication with your workers and the company will continue to grow. Remember your employees are your key to success, if they feel respected and needed they will give you their all, and go above and beyond for the company.

Good place to work

I have been working at Phacil, Inc. full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible hours, competitive salary.

Cons

Normal challenges of most businesses

Make sure employees feel valued. Actions speak louder.

Phacil is a fantastic company to work for.

I have been working at Phacil, Inc. full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I've been with a couple large and small companies. Phacil is the first company where the senior executives and managers take the time to sit down and listen to the general worker. CEO, Sr. Program Manager sitting down with general worker bees over an impromptu get together at a local waterside resturant to discuss how the employee views the company. Asked what you liked about the company, what you didn't like, what you would change and how. From the tone of voice and follow on questions you could tell they were listening and they get it. Its about enabling the people doing the work.
    I am continually impressed with the lets roll up our sleeves and cut the burocratic BS attitude the entire company adheres to. The entire organizational structure focuses on getting the job done. For example, I had the Director of HR, a senior manager with finance, and a program manager all working after hours with program controls to get a set of charge numbers assigned to a new employee.

Cons

The hours are flexible. The leadership believes in putting in the time to get the job done. Often that means working until the late hours. They work late and often on weekends and to some degree they expect we should as well. This is a startup program with a lot to get done very quickly, in the begining there was little work-life balance. We did get to flex the time. However, as we begin to lay in the program foundations the balance is begining to relax.
    This is a fast growing company, some of the services were initially contracted out and perhaps are not as supportive to the larger size.

Keep up the Ferocious Execution

Company is fantastic, use your own judgement, not that of a disgruntled past employee.

Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in Cape Canaveral, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in Cape Canaveral, FL

I have been working at Phacil, Inc. full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I have been with the company for about a year. I have worked for many large Fortune 50 companies in the past and took a chance on Phacil. I absolutely love the company culture, the people as well as the ability to make a personal difference with our customers. The company employs a flat structure, I mean CEO flat! Where else can you get face time with excellent coaching and mentoring, with a personal interest in the employees. Excellent!!

Cons

Growing faster than ever means dealing with new processes and procedures. This occurs with any company on the fast track. Ensure that as processes and procedures are developed it takes in the totality of the field offices and creates an all-inclusive road map to growth. Other than that, the ride has been great.

Never stop learning or surrounding your selves with the best and brightest people you can trust. Seeing negative posts should only boost the corporate challenge to be the best! When you are on top of the mountain, everyone wants to knock you off. We are arriving!!