Phaidon International

Updated January 14, 2015
Updated January 14, 2015
5.0

CEO

more progression and better opportunity than I ever expected

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Principal Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Phaidon International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Firstly the money is what attracted me and I paid off all student debts and earned more than all of my friends coming out of uni in the first and second years (including those who went into Banking and finance)
    The progression potential - have moved internationally to one of the best cities in the world
    Progressed to management level within 2 years and now have a large team
    A True Meritocracy - if you achieve and show your potential you are rewarded
    Working with awesome people of similar age, mindset and interests who are genuinely my friends.
    Good incentives to achieve (lunch clubs, holidays etc....)

Cons

It's not for everyone
    You need to work very hard at first but once you learn the process and space you work in, it becomes easier
    If you're looking for a 9-5 or somewhere where you can hide - this is not the place for you.
    Base salary is pretty low at the beginning but increases significantly and quickly with achievements and time served.

Be more transparent with everyone
    treat senior employees differently to juniors

FUN, challenging and extremely fast-paced!

Current Employee - Principal Consultant
    Current Employee - Principal Consultant

I have been working at Phaidon International full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Passion - everyone wants to be successful and works hard to achieve this, exceptional work ethic shown in co-workers
    Opportunity - great chance for global mobility, so many of my co-workers have moved internationally after proving themselves as well as climbing the ladder quickly at a young age. Management continually encourage development
    Open office - CEO and directors sitting at the desk with you
    Rewards - Lunch clubs are awesome and the company paid holidays are another level of fun. Phaidon King or Queen of the day is brilliant; free limo to work with Champagne alongside a desk massage - brilliant!

Cons

The hours are long but that is the nature of the industry and it's worth it when you start seeing the commission

Make sure that you are always there to help employees when they need it / when they don't ask but might be struggling