Phaidon International

Employment Status

Reset
4.4
Adam Buck

Working and Earning more than I ever imagined!

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Principal Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Phaidon International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone is of a similar mindset, we're all driven to work hard and make the business, and ourselves, a success. We're young, in our early twenties and running a multi-million dollar business - the opportunity is unreal! The environment is very fun, we have so many incentives. Last month we had an office trip to Chelsea Piers to play Gladiator Games, late starts, free breakfasts, early finishes, a lunch club (nice meal at a top restaurant and then an afternoon at The Gansevoort) and more! We're a team, everyone claps when you do a deal and we help each other with roles and candidates, the camaraderie is the best thing about this office. It's a big open plan office, none of the cubicle nonsense so there's a lot of energy and fun had. I joined a year ago and at that time couldn't imagine ever working harder than I did back then. I now work at least 4 times harder and faster, the days pass by in a whirlwind but I love it. We get paid to do our jobs anyway and then we get commission and bonuses on top - it's great!

Cons

It is hard work and it's non-stop, I definitely work harder than all of my friends. Sometimes weeks pass by in the blink of an eye but I got paid commissions of $28k last month, which is amazing to say the least.

Advice to Management

Can we speed up the move to the new, bigger office!

2. Highly Recommended

I have been working at Phaidon International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I had a few offers at the same time as my offer from Phaidon. In all honesty all of the offers were around the same but I took the role here because I trusted what they told me and the commission structure they showed me seemed legit. I have been with the firm for 7 months now and am really glad I joined. The commission is great, the team are awesome and the office is really fun. The other part I like is that the promotion targets are really clear, both from a compensation perspective as well as responsibilities.

Cons

I commute from outside the city. With the long hours we work it is sometimes hard.

Advice to Management

Can we have more global incentives around holidays?

3. Great Culture, Great Opportunities

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Phaidon International

Pros

The epitome of work hard play hard, but such a unique, fun experience in the process. All employees work together but also go out at weekends together - and that goes a long way to show how people get on and interact. Would recommend it to anyone looking to really direct their own future within a growing company. Oh and I get paid $150k a year.. :)

Cons

It is competitive which is not for everyone. But I only wrote that because it said 5 words minimum..

Advice to Management

Keep it up

Phaidon International Response

Jun 1, 2015 – Head of Marketing

Thank you for providing feedback, it's great to hear that you are enjoying it!

Exactly as advertised!

I have been working at Phaidon International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work culture with a "Work hard, play hard" mentality. Incredible opportunities! Great compensation + benefits. Highly energized office filled with young driven people.

Cons

The hours can be long but you get back what you put in.

Opportunity, opportunity, opportunity

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Phaidon International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

have been with the company about 18 months, and just transferred to the San Francisco office to help spearhead the growth on the West Coast. Really excited about the plans over here and am so glad to have joined a firm where there are plenty of opportunities outside of just earning potential. Go 49'ers...

Cons

Its not really a con, but the minimum standards and the skeleton to the companies success, and sometimes they are hard to hit - but its understandable.

Advice to Management

please in the next office can we have some windows!??

awesome - great goals, people and ambition

I have been working at Phaidon International

Pros

leadership, people, progression, culture, money

Cons

a cramped office and need more room

Exactly what I was told it would be, and really enjoying it

I have been working at Phaidon International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been here a little over 6 months. The girl who hired me from internal recruitment told me exactly what it would be like before I interviewed and then the people I spoke with during my work sample made sure I knew what I was getting myself into. I really like that its so fast paced, I LOVE that they management set clear goals and I genuinely think the company is going great places - which was important to me. I certainly think I will be here a long time which is something most of my friends cant say about where they work!

Cons

Its long hours and we work at a million miles an hour, but its DEFINITEY worth it!

Advice to Management

Can we please get some different soda in the fridge!

"Once in a Lifetime Opportunity"

Current Employee - Managing Principal in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Managing Principal in New York, NY

I have been working at Phaidon International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great growth opportunity. Company is constantly expanding and there is a lot of chances to move abroad. Earning potential is extremely high and the work environment is very energetic. Everyone you work with is Ambitious and Driven to be the best. Lots of Rewards - Company Holidays/ Lunch Clubs etc. Innovative environment where your opinions matter.

Cons

Long hours but what you put in is what you get out - very rewarding!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!!

Great company, with superb growth opportunities and incredible earnings potential!

Current Employee - Recruitment Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Recruitment Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Phaidon International

Pros

- Earning potential - Growth opportunities (promoted to manager within 2 years) - Fun culture (Vegas, Miami trips and lunch clubs) - Personal development

Cons

- Long working hours at times

Advice to Management

Seen the company grow from 6 people to 60 in 2 years in the US, keep it up!

AVOID AT ALL COSTS

Current Employee - Recruiter in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Recruiter in New York, NY

I have been working at Phaidon International

Pros

Co workers are good people.

Cons

Expect long hours just to meet required minimums, low pay, no work/life balance, rude and demeaning upper-management, terrible leads. This is a sales job so you know it is going to be long hours if you want to make any more but this company has such unreasonable expectations with little reward. There is a HUGE turnover as many are fired and a large amount of others quit after they realize that there are a lot better sales jobs out there with higher commissions and better leads.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with basic respect, we are all good people and constant demeaning comments just reflect poorly on you.

Phaidon International Response

Jun 1, 2015 – Head of Marketing

Thank you for sharing your feedback. As a company our expectations are high; we pride ourselves on maintaining the highest standards that we know create incredible earning opportunities for ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed