Phantom Fireworks

Bruce Zoldan

Good Experience

Current Employee - Stocker in Merrillville, IN
    Current Employee - Stocker in Merrillville, IN

I have been working at Phantom Fireworks full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great coworkers, made the season go by fast as well as very enjoyable.

Cons

Very long hours during the week of July 4

Continue to respect the employees, and they will do the same in return.

Store Manager: Phantom Fireworks

I worked at Phantom Fireworks

Pros

Working around fireworks and people all year round.

Cons

Horrible upper management. No room for growth after moving up to a store manager unless you are a friend or family of corporate. No promotions unless your a friend or family member of corporate. Promotions don't come from hard work or going above and beyond for the company. They do not truly value employees opinions. They fire for unethical reasons and have poor HR practices. They will make up a reason to fire you to avoid giving a deserved promotion. Misleading bonus program.

Re-interview some of the highest people at corporate and make sure they are properly doing their job. Re-evaluate your regional managers, especially in michigan. Make sure regional management is passing on corporate incentives and helping store managers do their job rather than harming them and making their job harder. If you are going to have a HR department.. Follow it don't fire people off of hearsay. Follow the proper steps which have been laid out ahead of time. If these things aren't investigated the turnover at phantom fireworks will continue to grow. Also competitors will continue to surpass phantom.

A lot of sweating and miscellaneous work.

Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Saint Augustine, FL
    Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Saint Augustine, FL

I have been working at Phantom Fireworks as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

When we worked on days getting closer to the Fourth of July there was normally free food of some sort.. Also, received discounts on fireworks.

Cons

Even free food had a downside. The food table had a strict hierarchy where you were the last man on the totem pole and got to pick through the left overs. Was told if the location made certain amount of money that everyone would get paid vacation. We met the quota and never got the vacation... the supervisor did though. We never had a set job while working there. One day we would paint, the next we would put in a flower bed, work as a sales associate or work in the warehouse. <- Also only got paid $8.50 and hour.
    Don't get suckered when they tell you to leave the hourly pay box empty so they can give you the "most money"

Treat your employees with respect and encourage everyone to work together. For the work to be done, there should be more money offered to employees.

Late payment

Former Employee - Customer Service in Bloomingburg, OH
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Bloomingburg, OH

I worked at Phantom Fireworks full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The job, while demanding can be fun. Management was great. Its good to work in a business that brings fun to the customers. I would recommend this job only for college students seeking seasonal employment.

Cons

on the corporate level there are many problems. If you have worked there previously and are promised a raise it is usually not on the paycheck promised to you, and has to be added later. If you work the season with no problems such as no call now show, you get a $0.50 bonus for every hour worked. Its supposed to be added to your check for the week of the 4th. I called my manager today and they said they just received word that the checks weren't coming. If they would have come this week they would have been a month late. We are told they aren't. This means at least a month and a half, if they come on the next check. Not all of us are CEOs of multimillion dollar companies. Most of the seasonal e!ployees are college students and depend on being paid when they are told.

Management is great. They realize respect from your employees is what makes them work best for you.

Fun, entertaining summer job

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Fort Wayne, IN
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Fort Wayne, IN

I have been working at Phantom Fireworks part-time (more than an year)

Pros

-Great work dynamic between managers and employees (Really depends on store, though).
    -Great deals for customers, customers love saving!
    -Seasonal simplicity at its finest.

Cons

-Needs to screen store managers better.

Again, watch who you hire. just because someone has fireworks experience doesn't mean they should manage a store.

Slave shift

Current Employee - Front End in Matamoras, PA
    Current Employee - Front End in Matamoras, PA

I have been working at Phantom Fireworks part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Apart from the busy season, during the holidays, there is a lot of down time and opportunity to work on yourself as a person. The CEO came to our site once with pizza for everyone. The work is seasonal so it's perfect for students

Cons

During the busy season you are constantly working. The heat, work repetition, customers, management, lazy coworkers are all factors that leave you depleted at the end of your 12 hour shift

Realize that the employees are not getting paid enough to be treated like slaves and to respect them

It is what you'd expect

Former Employee - Sales and Cashier in Highland, IN
    Former Employee - Sales and Cashier in Highland, IN

I worked at Phantom Fireworks part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good if you're just trying to make some good summer cash. I was part-time and was working over 50 hrs a week

Cons

Long Hours
    Monontous work
    Hot, rude customers

Control whats going on in your stores

Enjoyed my experience as Fireworks Tent Manager

Former Employee - Tent Manager in Erie, PA
    Former Employee - Tent Manager in Erie, PA

I worked at Phantom Fireworks as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Minimal to no supervision, friendly management.

Cons

Weather (a tornado hit my tent!). Also the compensation looks great, but you'll pay most of it out for sufficient help and security, especially during 4th of July week. It evens out to a contract sales job.

Great

Former Employee - Cashier in Monroe, MI
    Former Employee - Cashier in Monroe, MI

I worked at Phantom Fireworks part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fun work environment for a part-time to gain customer service and sales experience. Get tons of hours the week of July 4th. Also get to see a lot of cool fireworks and sell them to enthusiastic customers.

Cons

Seasonal job that substantially cuts hours after July 4th with half of the summer still left to work. The very little amount of hours you do get to work during this time are incredibly boring with nothing to do but count the minutes.

Let employees know about any internship programs or career opportunities after college

Absolute best seasonal position available

Current Employee - Sales and Cashier in Kirkersville, OH
    Current Employee - Sales and Cashier in Kirkersville, OH

I have been working at Phantom Fireworks part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

great hours
    long shifts
    lots of breaks
    friendly staff
    usually started above minimum wage

Cons

only seasonal
    sometimes have to stay over (but they offer overtime)
    very busy during summer months!

nothing!!