PharMerica

Be The First To
Add Photos

PharMerica CEO and Director Greg Weishar

Greg Weishar

Pros:
  • "Majority of non-management employees are great people"
    in 5 reviews
  • "As long as you come to work you get a paycheck"
    in 3 reviews
Cons:
  • "Constant change in upper management; discord and resentment between internal teams"
    in 7 reviews
  • "There are little to no incentives to work for PharMerica beyond the bare minimum (paid time off, paid holidays, etc)"
    in 3 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Stable Company with good benefits

Certified Pharmacy Tech (Current Employee)
Louisville, KY

I have been working at PharMerica full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFlexibility of work schedule, good benefits, stable company.

ConsCommunication among upper management

Great Benefits .. Chance for advancement with hard work .. Respect from corporate to local level. Great people!

Certified Pharmacy Tech (Current Employee)
Cypress, CA

I have been working at PharMerica full-time for more than 10 years

Prosadvancement opportunity .. encourage cross training in different areas. excellent medical/dental & 401k match. Open door policy is always open .. there to listen with any concerns or suggestions & taken seriously! Excellent PTO benefits along with 6 paid holidays/yr

ConsBiggest Con is pay increase flat 2% for everyone no matter how your review is. Mileage is way below what it should be. Corporate in KY cost of living not comparable with cost of living in CA. Should be based on location .. not as a whole.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay should match the employee's ability. If one person does the job of three .. that person just saved you thousands! They should be paid higher than one not performing up to expectations.

Poor leadership! No care for employees! Closed door policy!

Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee)
Tucson, AZ

I worked at PharMerica full-time for more than 10 years

ProsUnfortunately, there is only one pro, flexibility! The computer system is archaic and not user friendly at all. The IV computer system is the worst program imaginable! Need to get with the times and improve on systems and learn how to get and keep business too.

ConsAfter several years working at Pharmerica (Formerly Kindred and a much better company), I was laid off due to budget cuts! What I don't understand, is the loss of business and revenue has nothing to do with the staff and everything to do with the poor decision making and lack of knowledge on how to successfully run a pharmacy by corporate people! Yet, they get to keep their high paying jobs as business decreases and just dismiss the worker bees as if we don't matter. I was a loyal, hard working and excellent employee with a great track record. I guess I was being paid too much after my many years of service, so I was let go. What corporate doesn't understand, is with higher pay comes knowledge and experience. If you want to get a staff of inexperienced and lower paid people, than it will cost you more in the long run. How sad and unfair that I had to make the life change when I was not to blame. It's a slap in the face after all my years of hard work and dedication.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to and involve your employees in decision making. They have good ideas and do know the business well. Don't assume you can implement something and it will work simply because it was your idea! You need to communicate and treat your employees with respect, dignity, and compassion, we are human beings too!

pharmacy technician

Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee)
Worthington, OH

I worked at PharMerica full-time for less than a year

Prosto get more experience and pharmaceutical experience

ConsEnded my contract with out extensions

Advice to Senior Managementhiring the temp people and persons they have good experience

Not recommended

Pharmacist (Current Employee)

I have been working at PharMerica as a contractor

ProsLow-stress environment; some hard-working, caring employees

ConsThis corporation governs its holdings remotely and, therefore, has no idea or concern for what goes on at each site. At my facility, compensation is unfairly given to individuals for hours not even worked, at the discretion of the director. There is no opportunity for advancement, employees are compensated below the area average, raises are virtually non-existent, and some individuals' salaries are capped once they reach a certain pay rate. In addition, employees who do not meet the basic requirements of their job are retained. I haven't received a raise in years, even though my manager states that he continually makes efforts to do so. Meanwhile, I know he has received a bonus in addition to a yearly raise most, if not all, years of his employment. Further, the company invests nothing in new technology, having made no effort to implement automation at my facility or to provide up-to-date hardware/software with competent IT support.

Advice to Senior Management1. Ensure that all employees are treated equally, compensated fairly and given yearly raises.
2. Provide current technology and more capable IT support.

PharMerica cares about money, not its employees.

Staff Pharmacist (Current Employee)

I have been working at PharMerica full-time for more than 10 years

ProsLTC pharmacy is a good setting to work in as a pharmacist. Less stressful than retail pharmacy; provides a closed-door environment. Managers (locally) willing to accommodate scheduling needs within reason.

Cons-Many of our pharmacy technicians, and some pharmacists, have had no pay raises in several consecutive years, while managers are eligible for bonuses.
-There are little to no incentives to work for PharMerica beyond the bare minimum (paid time off, paid holidays, etc).
-Extremely strict attendance policy.
-Constant pressure to do more work in less time, and with fewer employees.
-Poor IT support.
-Unrealistic expectations from middle/upper management regarding productivity versus providing quality work.
-Supervisors are unwilling to help on the floor when needed; staff are left to deal with out of control work load, especially in the evening hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease remember those of us who work hard every day to make this company so profitable. The lack of gratitude and support shown to employees is extremely evident. A decent raise each year, at the very least, would be a huge step in the right direction in order to keep the good workers you have. The more shareholders you gain, the more critical it becomes to have good people working for you, making sure that this company's reputation stays intact.

Terrible company without ethics.

Medical Records Associate (Former Employee)
Beaverton, OR

I worked at PharMerica full-time for more than a year

Pros- You get overtime pay,
- 401k is matched 100% for the first 3%, then 50% for the next 2.
- Casual dress code

Cons- Mandatory overtime (more than 8 hours for three weeks straight, then no work and no pay for one week)
- Management uses bullying and harassment to get what they want
- Violations of contract are ignored
- No praise for hard work
- Treat the "pros" that are offered (casual work attire) as a gift from themselves -- and you should be so lucky!
- No growth opportunities
- Unequal pay: people who have been there for 7 years are paid less than the incoming people, people who have been at the same job for 20+ years are still paid less than $18/hr.
- No work-life balance at all

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice to give, this company is poisonous from the top down.

Things could be a lot better.

Pharmacist (Current Employee)

I have been working at PharMerica full-time

ProsFellow employees are very friendly.

ConsCorporate is clueless as to how to run a pharmacy. Management expects you to rearrange your life to accomodate Pharmerica. Thinks an emergency on their part constitutes an emergency on your part. Must be a "yes" man to be on the management's good side.

Advice to Senior ManagementClean house from the top down and get some people who know something about pharmacy in there.

Jealous, lying pharmacists

Pharmacist (Former Employee)
San Antonio, TX

I worked at PharMerica full-time for more than 5 years

ProsNot one. (Need twenty word minimum to submit the "Pros" in this section, so this is why this statement in here in parenthesis)

ConsNew ex-Walgreens female pharmacists making a mess of what was successful. Lazy, confused pharmacists. Ex-Walgreens pharmacist screaming and lying about a 6 year Pharmerica pharmacist stating he was lazy. Ex-Walgreens pharmacist implying, lying that same pharmacist stole morphine sulfate tablets. As soon as male pharmacist's wife gave birth, management, human resources and insurance personnel became even more bitter.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork fast food. Sorry for Greg Weishar CEO and Director who has to buy up stock to keep company going.

Most unfriendly, non family friendly place ever!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Louisville, KY

I worked at PharMerica full-time for more than a year

ProsCoffee and A lousy paycheck

ConsPoor leadership and tooooooooooooooooooooo many to note

Advice to Senior ManagementChange the company culture...my God it's ok to smile at work :-)

Worked for PharMerica? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PharMerica reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for PharMerica CEO Greg Weishar. All 55 reviews posted anonymously by PharMerica employees.