PharMerica Reviews

Reset
2.2
PharMerica CEO and Director Greg Weishar
Greg Weishar

Pros
  • Flexible schedule and great people to work with (in 7 reviews)

• Flexible schedule set your own just get the work done (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management did not appreciate the value of this location & closed it (in 10 reviews)

• There are little to no incentives to work for PharMerica beyond the bare minimum (paid time off, paid holidays, etc) (in 4 reviews)

1. Review 1

I have been working at PharMerica

Pros

Very nice coworkers, overtime

Cons

Low pay, long hours, hard to comprehend health benefits

2. Disappointing is all I can offer

Former Employee - Technician, Professional in East Concord, NH
    Former Employee - Technician, Professional in East Concord, NH

I worked at PharMerica

Pros

There are few circumstances that are positive for my experiences with my former employer. I have tried to be considerate of all perspectives.:-)

Cons

There are many circumstances that are negative for my experiences with my former employer. I have tried to be considerate of all perspectives.

Advice to Management

Gut this division, key 'talent' here are interested only in being either self directing or purely reactionist. Vision is missing in the division, but the corporate leadership is setting this example for lack of vision. Also, get your software out of the 1990s. Internally, as a company, you lack perpetual inventory for inventory management. Even tiny retail chains can buy better software than you are self developing.This division has a fear of technology, and the corporate vision backs this fear by promoting crap software technology as an example. This division does not train employees to have computer skills, so those who could use the crippled software to an advantage for the benefit of the division are powerless to use the few tools that the crap software allows. Corporate does not disseminate training information as far as I have experienced. Initial training for basic operation was minimal, and disseminated documentation for the same task was printed with differing steps, depending on which copy you read. Common day to day software tasks were unexplained. Ethics are poor. Technicians are self directing; by example, taking dessicants from stock bottles despite the dessicants purpose being maintaining medication integrity, and technicians acting in opposition to pharmacist direction as well as misconduct (up to outright lying) and are not being disciplined. One manager chose to terminate a key employee who was having a never before seen bad day. This cut the department by 33% at a time when there should have been 5 employees in that department, not 3. These are the tolerated ethics that define this division. Tolerated conduct also includes screaming at coworkers, back biting ridicule, and hours per day expended discussing the troubles of offspring.

Corporate purchasing forces dozens of 30 count stock bottles into inventory, which needs months to deplete, while clear and obvious cost (as well as safety and accuracy) benefits come from using larger quantity stock bottles. At corporate direction, delivery routes were rearranged in a manner where medication was delivered after 3am, and routes were in no way sequential. This is springtime, what will happen when snow falls?

3. Current

I have been working at PharMerica

Pros

Pros- Flexible schedule that is all.

Cons

Cons- You end up being forced to work weekends to get the 40 hours in.
    You struggle for hours at the end of the month.

Advice to Management

Do not take from people's vacation hours to make up for the 40. Hire more employees. Print dates need to be staggered. That would make for a more consistent work flow. We are always struggling mid month and it doesn't have to be that way. Do not close at the end of the month. All employees would prefer a standard work schedule this is a big turn off and make employees want to leave and they do leave.

Terrible Management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I worked at PharMerica (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are no pros.

Cons

Too many to name but favoritism, poor training, and poor management are a few

Advice to Management

First off get your head out of your butt!! Stop using intimidation tactics and favoritism and open your eyes to see who the real hard workers are instead of singling them out due to your own personal likes and dislikes of who you THINK they are as a person. Stop rushing to judgement without even having worked a day by their side. It is not okay to belittle someone and question their character as an employee when they have been working there for YEARS with no problems with management ever on record.

Profits and shareholders first and foremost

I have been working at PharMerica full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Not retail. Paid lunch break (30 minutes).

Cons

Management judges your worth by your numbers, not by the quality of your work.
    Patient care comes second after saving the company money.
    Late hours, and having to be on-call.

7. Poor management, hostile environment, retaliation

I have been working at PharMerica

Pros

No pros. This company use to be a great company to work for. The new director is not some one you would like to for for.

Cons

Place is filthy. Holes in the roof. Manager just trying to find any reason for write ups.

Advice to Management

Learn how to treat your employees so you don't have a high turn over

8. There was too much management and philosophy changes along with pricing and poor communication.

Former Employee - Account Executive
    Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at PharMerica

Pros

AEs are friendly
    Expense Reports are paid quickly

Cons

poor customer service
    no company cars- poor mileage reimbursement
    billing issues
    Inside staff doesn't care about the field reps

9. Everyday is like spinning the wheel of who is on the $h1t List today

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Newark, DE
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Newark, DE

I have been working at PharMerica

Pros

If there was different management would run a lot better and be way more productive.

Cons

All of Management at this location are to concerned with high school petty drama. All they do is talk and take breaks. If you do the same thing they do you get written up. Its all based on convenience to the management one day it is okay next your getting in trouble for it. You have to kiss butt and be the pet in order to do whatever you want not have to work go in late take 10 breaks throughout the day etc.. You go to the pharmacy director and its like talking to a brick wall nothing changes nothing gets done.

Advice to Management

Stop talking and actually work. If someone approaches you with a problem that is not an okay to discuss with the whole pharmacy. If you have an issue with someone go directly to that person. I don't care if john doe made an error tell them.

It's a Job

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Smyrna, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Smyrna, GA

I have been working at PharMerica full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Although healthcare benefits have been reduced in recent years, they remain very competitive. Numerous benefit options are available. Smyrna GA pharmacy is small enough to have a family feel. Local Managers are hard working.

Cons

Healthcare is constantly changing for suppliers dependent on government reimbursement. Decreasing rates create the need to constantly do more with less, which starts with staff.

Advice to Management

The corporate leadership seems to have a high turnover rate. There is a need to make the workers feel appreciated, worker recognition plans must seem sincere.

11. Easy to Advance if You Have What it Takes, Otherwise You Get Out Of It What You Put Into It.

Current Employee - Upper Management
    Current Employee - Upper Management

I have been working at PharMerica full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good salary (both entry level and annual increase), great promotion raises, wonderful hard-working people, no obligation to make this a career. The rules are laid out ahead of time. No surprises.

Cons

Drama in the workplace, a lot of people who would be millionaires if attitude and complaining were salaried rather than productivity or self-betterment. After the initial interview and the signing off of the rules, a lot of employees cry "foul":

Advice to Management

I moved from temp to upper management within 10 years. I did my share of complaining but also did what it took to get the job done, improve myself and above all serve the customers that we serviced to the best of my ability. When I was unhappy with something, I worked to change it or moved to a department where I could do more. The effort was noticed and it was rewarded. A lot of folks talk the talk but don't walk the walk and of course there are those who just want to get paid bi-weekly for doing the least amount of work possible. There are a lot of good people at this company who do the right thing day-in, day-out without bonuses or incentives because IT IS THEIR JOB and they take pride in it and they are praised and told all the time that they are what makes the company successful. Not everyone employees makes that effort. And not every department is the same. I have no intention of leaving anytime soon.

RSS Feed </> Embed