Pharmaceutical Product Development

www.ppdi.com

Pharmaceutical Product Development Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014
Pharmaceutical Product Development – Wilmington – “PPD Worldwide Headquarters”

Pharmaceutical Product Development – Wilmington – “PPD Worldwide Headquarters”

Pharmaceutical Product Development Chairman and CEO David Simmons

David Simmons

Pros
  • Get to work from home a couple of days a week (in 14 reviews)

• Work Life Balance is ok and the employees are very nice to work with (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance does not exist-although they claim it's a high priority (in 21 reviews)

• High employee turnover due to burn out, no work life balance, sink or swim attitude (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

Good CTMs
    work from office

Consless salary
    work like a donkey
    good for hard working people
    High turnover rate
    Very hard to get promoted or move to management

Okay company to work for.

Clinical Data Associate III (Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsSome room for career growth, the facility is nice and well-maintained, the benefits are competitive, job stability due to the great amount of global projects

ConsSeemed inconsistent with the promotions/lack-there-of. Very noticeable favoratism within the division which led to a high turnover rate of employees, although room for career growth, it can be limited/slow, over 40 work hours required many weeks

IT Operations

IT (Former Employee) Morrisville, NC

ProsOne deal breaker that shines with PPD is the employees, good group of people to work with which is a morale booster.

ConsPoor salary, more so if you have been with the company for a certain amount of years. Management needs to listen to employees concerns, and be flexible with work/home life, Promote within first, before going external.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen, respect, and promote your employees that have acquired good talent and skills set on the job. Also need to show employees you value he/she talent.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

What used to be an excellent CRO rapidly becoming an average CRO.

Principal Clinical Research Associate (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsJob stability, good pay, good benefits.

ConsCRO work is universally unsatifsying for anyone who wants to be more than just a cog in a large wheel. Far too many layers of communication for efficient decision making, overly concerned with production over quality. Poor work/life balance due to unrealistic sponsor contracts and expectations and cumbersome systems.

Advice to Senior ManagementRe-consider the amount of "training" you require from employees that will never be used in actual job function if you want us to remain >92% utilized. PLEASE upgrade to electronic TMF company-wide. Our systems are antiquated compared to industry, very inefficent. New Horizons is heartening but being rolled out far too slowly. It should not take PPD so long to provide FSP to clients. Stop micro-managing your Clin Ops people and let us function as the professionals we are. Deal with problem employees individually rather than trying to constrain behavior overall.

I have had a pleasant experience at PPD.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Wilmington, NC

ProsThe people that I work with is by far the best thing about PPD.

ConsCan be long hours sometimes, but it is the nature of the job.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

Great company, great future

Associate Director (Current Employee) Morrisville, NC

ProsOpportunity for development and advancement is there if you work for it. Industry leader and stable workplace. I enjoy coming to work each day. I've been here for a while and seen a lot of improvements over the past several years. The new CEO offers great leadership for our company.

ConsLong hours, but part of the industry, but work life balance is managed with the ability to work when I need to.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the employees and continue to lead us in the right direction.

Good place to start out

Associate Scientist (Current Employee) Middleton, WI

ProsGood experience, lots to learn in the field. good benefits. Fast pace, growing company. Would recommend as a entry level job to gain experience.

ConsVery heavy work load- not a very good work life balance. Pay isn't great for the amount of work. High turnover.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement could be better. Different group leaders need to work together better.

Good internship experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsHigh Profile Company Name
    Great benefits
    On-site health center and gym

ConsLittle actual work
    Poor communication
    Felt unimportant, unneeded, disposable

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter communication with interns

Good Company Bad Management

Safety Administrator II (Former Employee) Wilmington, NC

ProsBenefits, Facilities, Gym, People, Location, Keep you very busy, Good place to start or end a career not build

ConsPAY and Management. Usually hire managers who have been there for 15 years and have no where else to put them. Also if you want to move up within the company you can get stuck behind a long line of people.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease salaries and you have to develop better direct line managers

Good training, heavy workload

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Raleigh, NC

ProsA good place for training in the CRO industry training. Good SOPs. Good document templates and standardized forms and procedures.

ConsStudies are understaffed across all departments which results in heavy workloads for all. Very fast work pace. Overtime is a regular occurrence for which salaried employees are not paid. Difficult to get support both inter- and intra- departmentally, as everyone is so overloaded.

Worked for Pharmaceutical Product Development? Contribute to the Community!