Philadelphia 76ers

Awesome Experience

Former Employee - Marketing Intern  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Marketing Intern in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Philadelphia 76ers as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Great Staff
    Amazing experience, learned a myriad of information working there

Cons

Internship hours
    employed during the lockout

Excellent work

Largest Sales Department in Sports

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Philadelphia 76ers full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fun atmosphere and always busy. Never boring if you love what you're doing. Good sales training

Cons

Extremely low pay (base of $16,500 annually) with very little commission. A lot of office politics and unfair advantages given. A few sneaky sales people that managers knew about but didn't correct. Went from having 10 sales associates to having 30 to now having 50. Most fresh out of college desperate to work in sports and most didn't last more than a couple months. They say there is room for growth but that's only in the event the team gets good and they are selling or if someone above quits. Very small desks to work at, not even a cubicle.

Don't treat it as a sweat shop. Don't promise growth if you know it isn't there. A few great sales people are better than a ton of bad ones.

Great opportunity but a mixed bag

I worked at Philadelphia 76ers full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Fun and exciting work, great coworkers, fun work environment and culture, opportunity to learn and do a lot

Cons

Abysmal pay, very little opportunity to grow internally, long hours. A handful of colossally out-of-touch executives; management is conservative, unambitious, and unstable. Goals and budgets often unrealistic. Business success is tied very closely to team performance, little you can do to overcome a losing season.

"Because that's what we did last year" is not a good enough reason to do something again. Try some new things.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

My overall experience working as a Live Events Intern was okay. I just wished i was involved/given more responsibility

Current Employee - Live Events Intern  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Live Events Intern in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Philadelphia 76ers as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Great Work Environment, Great People to work with, The company has great culture and values

Cons

Lack of Compensation and Benefits. For example as a Live Events Intern we were not allowed to get food in the cafetering only drinks

Tough Internship

Former Employee - Statistics Intern  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Statistics Intern in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Philadelphia 76ers as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Worked in the Statistics Department. Very Static, but nice work environment and some interesting work.

Cons

Old boss, lack of challenging activities, not enough interactions with other departments and positions.

A fast paced and competitive environment where the ability to listen and learn by rope can lead you to success.

Former Employee - Community Relations Intern  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Community Relations Intern in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Philadelphia 76ers

Pros

The best reason to work with the Philadelphia 76ers is because its a nation wide known company where years of experience within the organization is respected. Another good reason to work with the 76ers is because of the constant networking inthe sport and entertainment industry.

Cons

Some of the downsides working at the Philadelphia 76ers is the constant changes within the program. People can be fired or hired any second and the rest of the staff needs to be able to go along with the changes made. The pay in entry level sports are low and can be deemed a con as well.

Always to encourage the employees on the front line and periodically reward those who put the greatest effort in their job becuase it will be motivation to keep up the good work.

Once In a Lifetime Experience

I worked at Philadelphia 76ers part-time

Pros

Working for a professional sports team is a rare experience that many people do not get the chance to go through. Meeting celebrities and people who hold status is not out of the ordinary. I have unforgettable memories I will always cherish.

Cons

Working for the 76ers means working in fast-paced environment. If you cannot react quickly to whatever is thrown at you, this might not be the place for you.

Worked for Philadelphia 76ers? Contribute to the Community!