Philadelphia Sign

Updated Feb 5, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Robert Mehmet

I love working for PSCO. The industry is a nice change of pace and the company is very capable.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Palmyra, NJ

ProsMy children had a blast at bring you child to work day last year. This is such a fun/intersting place an you can learn so much about the industry and how to succeed at life in general. I have learned so many skills that college did not. The management is very interactive with the employees. I have learned so much since I have started working here. Everyone was so helpful and informative. I can not remember the last time I have seen coworkers interact like this. Everyone succeeds together.

ConsThe industry is based on timelines. So you need to have good organizational skills to stay on top of your game.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhatever you are doing is working! Keep it up.

I truly enjoy my job. This is a great place to work

ProsThe pay is above average for our industry and it's a relaxed climate. Don't get me wrong, you are still required to get your work done but they are flexible with working around your life's schedules. Our clients love us because our service and quality of products are second to none. I've had several offers from other companies and there is no comparison. PSCO is an old family company for a reason. I know they're older than 100 years and that says a lot.

ConsIf I had anything to say as a con it would be asking my fellow employees to please invoice sooner. There isn't a system in place to be sure we all invoice on time. This hurts all employees as cash flow is important. I don't know why PSCO accepts month after month going by at a time without sending an invoice.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease set up a system where invoicing is more consistent. This would be my one and only advice. If you're reading this and you're saying to yourself that's me they're talking about, then please help fix the problem.

Very satisfied with my experience at Philadelphia Sign

ProsGreat benefits, plenty of vacation/personal time, 401K, and casual office environment. If you come to work and do your job its pretty safe to say your job is secure even when the company workload slows down. The work itself is not always the most exciting, but the day goes by quickly, very personable coworkers, and the office turnover is very slow because employees rarely leave. Management must be doing something right....

ConsI'm sure the problems I experience here are the same at many other companies.

Work is not consistent throughout the year. Company morale could always be better.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Misery, Passive Aggressive Environment, Hard Work goes unrecognized and unrewarded. No annual review.

ProsNone at all. Potential Employees Beware!

ConsCase study for the drawbacks of NEPOTISM

Advice to Senior ManagementGet out

Steady work but weird office culture. Cubicle farm

ProsSteady work as long as banks keep buying each other. Bank sign conversions are the company's bread and butter. Liberal time off policy. Some good benefits. 401K with match and vesting. Products and signs are all manufactured on site in Palmyra, NJ. which eases project management workflow. Close to Philadelphia and major bridges.

ConsNose to the grindstone work culture. Can get monotonous. Coworkers narc on each other to management for dress code infractions and various minutia, leads to undo stress. Big Brother / Orwellian style vibe. No yearly raises at all and minuscule bonuses. No individual or creative thoughts are heard. No yearly employee evaluations, so no upward or lateral advancement opportunities exist. Majority of employees in same position after 15 years of work. Company is run by three families who are entrenched at the top. No place to go or move up to.

Advice to Senior ManagementLoosen up a little, it's not 1955. Actually listen to what employees have to say. Show a real interest in their ideas and concerns and act on it. Cut down on the creepy surveillance. Employees are more productive when they are relaxed and can trust who it is that they work for.

Worked for Philadelphia Sign? Contribute to the Community!