Philip Morris USA

Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Philip Morris USA President & CEO Cliff B. Fleet

Cliff B. Fleet

Pros
  • Great Benefits, Company car with all expenses paid,(in 7 reviews)

• Philip Morris USA offers high quality training programs as well as competitive pay and benefits(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Work / Life balance can get wacky if you let it(in 4 reviews)

• Little room for advancement unless your were willing to relocate or were one of the "chosen ones"(in 3 reviews)

not bad to start but they are DESPERATE to hire. You get sucked in with perks and too political. WATCH YOUR BACK

TSM (Current Employee) Pasadena, CA

Prosbenefits, company car, medical/dental, 401, on your own

Consmicro management
    disrespectful managers
    too much work for one person (5 jobs in one)

Advice to Senior ManagementRESPECT

on the road again

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Bellingham, MA

Proshealth dental benefits ,automobile discount cigarettes and tobacco products,no overnight travel.independent scheduling of work day hours,no heavy lifting in any sense of the word

Consincreasing expectation for higher sales numbers in a declining business,endless redundant paperwork and documentation of snallest insignificant details of every aspect

Advice to Senior Managementfind something safe and useful to sell instead of contributing to over 400,000 deaths yearly,and stop spending millions to fight legal rulings that go against you

Great place to build a career.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat people. Wonderful benefits. Great experience.

ConsTough industry that's only getting more competitive.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to communicate to employees. I don't really have more advice than that but I need to make my 20 word minimum as required by this field.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Just a job

Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat Benefits, Company car with all expenses paid,

ConsLittle room for advancement unless your were willing to relocate or were one of the "chosen ones". You have no input into how things are done in your territory. Heavy workload, especially for the salary.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou must realize that each territory is different and you can't conitue to "grade" your sales managers based on a "cookie cutter" standard/objectives.

Great company to intern with

Sales (Current Employee)

ProsBig name company to put on your resume. Nothing says, "I can sell" like having Philp Morris on there. Also they paid for everything. Food, gas, oil changes, materials. Management was very nice and understanding

ConsRetailers you're meeting with often don't want to give you the time of day. The stores are sometimes dirty.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up

Getting paid to learn

Sales (Current Employee) Pleasanton, CA

ProsA sales internship offers unbeatable compensation and benefits (paid cell phone, gas, lunches, Starbucks) and asks very little in return. The hours are more than reasonable (often less than 40) and the responsibility is not great. PMUSA invests a phenomenal amount of money in the sales interns largely for the purpose of training and recruiting potential full time hires. Internship includes multiple fully paid days in Richmond, VA learning about PMUSA's management and corporate structure.

ConsThe internship position can be boring at times, in that the duties of a full time hire are not incredibly exciting. You are never asked to do any menial tasks (getting coffee, making copies etc), but a lot of the job is repetitive (visiting retailers trying to accomplish the same task many times)

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement at the company should be more responsive to the learning desires of individuals that fall outside the role that they are attempting to recruit for (ie financial and consulting skills)

Touch

ProsBenefits Package, vehicle, pay is competitive but beginning to become less competitive vs. the work and hours we put in.

ConsVery political to advance within the company. Too many chiefs, not enough Indians. Same salary even though we bought 2 more companies and do their work too on top of our old existing jobs. No thanks from management or senior leadership. Upper management is afraid to challenge or disagree with senior managers and VPs+.

Advice to Senior ManagementStep in our shoes once in a while and see the hard work and dedication that gets done even with all the problems that come our way from our own leaders screw ups.

research here

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosit has very good facility, it also has good equipment, you will feel not too much pressure, the center is in good location

Consyou will feel very confused about research direction, the technical management is poor, I do not feel the career ladder there

Advice to Senior Managementi reallly do not have much adivce since i am just start here for a while and decided to change to another company

Migraines and Growing Pains

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Richmond, VA

ProsStellar Benefits including 15% payment into DPS, Medical, Dental, & Vision benefits, education reimburesement without strings attached, 14 holidays and 15 vacations after first 6 months, and standard salary

ConsWork-life balance is non-existent and at times makes it look like you are working for nothing. The advancement process is worse than reality television. The company used to care about people and know only cares about meeting Wall Street's expectations. HQ never has a plan finalized when it is presented to the sales force - it's changed 3 times before it actually starts and then again before it's over. And if you ever want to manage people and make 6-figures, be prepared to move at least 4 times.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you truly want leaders, create an environment to build them, not overwork them out of the company. Also, make sure any plans you have, test them with a few smart people and get some feedback before you frustrate all 1800 sales people.

Not much room for creativity, but great company to work for.

Corporate Communications (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat Money. Unless you are working for the oil industry, you can't do much better than this. As an intern I made $23/hr before my senior year of school.

The name on your resume also speaks volumes, as it is very tough to get hired here.

ConsStiff corporate culture and good ole boy network. I hear they have relaxed the dress code, but when I was there it was still suits and ties every day, which gets old very quickly.

Advice to Senior ManagementNot much. They do a great job communicating.

Worked for Philip Morris USA? Contribute to the Community!