Philips Electronics

Philips Electronics Reviews in Foster City, CA

3.6

Philips Electronics President and CEO Frans van Houten
Frans van Houten

Pros
  • For the most part, the work weeks were short and supported work/life balance (in 42 reviews)

• Extremely Flexible Working hours (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • All the talk about work-life balance can be often just hogwash (in 7 reviews)

• Decision making process can be improve and expediate (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

1 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

The antithesis of their one time slogan "Philips - Sense and Sensibility".

Former Employee - Technical Account Manager (ISite PACS) in Foster City, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Account Manager (ISite PACS) in Foster City, CA

I worked at Philips Electronics full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good compensation and benefits package. Clean and appealing work environment. Good public image.

Cons

I observed a pattern of poor planning, noticeable chaos, and dissension among management. One prominent example was the dictation that employees perform routine work contributing toward the development of a "knowledge base" system to be implemented to assist technical support staff members. The work was submitted; however little feedback, followup or develop was provided by management. More disappointingly the proposed knowledge base was never implemented. I could provide many other such examples. Bottom line, I would not recommend (at least in my division) Philips as an employer. I'm disappointed to say that my experience with Philips was an impression of the most dysfunctional corporate environment I had encountered in my 30 year career. I would hope that my experience was limited to the Information Technologies subdivision of Philips Healthcare. Hopefully, the are other people whose observations were more positive than my own. Remember, this is a subjective opinion of one person.

Understand what your line employees do; what policies, procedures, work flow, tools, etc. are productive, efficient, in line with corporate objectives, follow corporate philosophy AND listen to the people who communicate most directly with your customer base, and indeed your customers themselves!

Philips Electronics Photos