Philips Healthcare

Philips Healthcare Reviews in Bothell, WA

Updated May 30, 2014

Philips Healthcare CEO Deborah DiSanzo

Deborah DiSanzo

Pros
  • Globally recognized company does take extra steps to make sure that you do have good work/life balance (in 38 reviews)

• Ii is stable company with good benefits (in 35 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance, they will work you to death if you let them (in 11 reviews)

• The mentality of both the company and the upper management has changed for the worse (in 19 reviews)

More Highlights
40 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great Company to work for!

Clinical Specialist (Former Employee) Bothell, WA

ProsGreat environment, nice people, fun job!

ConsHard to move up, favor Dutch males.

Enjoyed my time there. Supportive environment

Senior Manager Finance (Former Employee) Bothell, WA

ProsBig company, decent compensation packet. Most people enjoy working there, a sense of working for a company that is doing good things for people. Doing things that matter.

ConsBig company, hard to make changes to processes, a lot of wheel spinning. People at the top rarely change, so group think is a problem. Decisions seem to be reactive rather than strategic.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhile you put on the "let's get closer to the customer" face, the reality is that the processes are not getting you there. Need to push decision making down the ladder a bit.

They do not care about their employees

Test Technician (Former Employee) Bothell, WA

ProsEverything is very well organized which maximizes work flow. There are also very simple procedures to follow to get the work done correctly and efficiently.

ConsManagement is terrible. I was hired as a Temp and was aware that my contract could end anytime. Towards the end of the fourth quarter, there were a lot of lay offs being made. I was informed by someone of high status than I that I was safe, and will remain employed. I received a call 4 days later telling me I was laid off. Since I had no planned on it because I was told I will not be laid off, I had no backup plans. All while finishing school, so now I'm $35,000 in debt and unemployed with an BS degree in EE. Since I also only worked there for 4 months... it isn't enough experience for potential employers to want you.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit thinking about the money. Philips has always been about its people... so focus on the people. Not just the consumers but the people who actually matter and help RUN philips.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Room for growth!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Bothell, WA

ProsOpportunities for career advancement within the company. Excellent compensation and benefits package. Annual employee engagement surveys to gauge employee satisfaction and areas of improvement needed.

ConsThe time it takes to have a policy changed.

Advice to Senior ManagementEnsure everyone is pulling their own weight.

Great Technology but poor management and culture

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Bothell, WA

ProsAlways looking for innovative technology, most people are passionate about their job.

ConsSome Sr. Management is more interested in managing their career first over the business. Company culture is to point fingers and pass blame rather then trying to fix the challenges and problems together. HR should be more involved when seeing high turnover in specific departments. Maybe the problem is not the team but the manager

Advice to Senior ManagementListen and empower individuals. Make middle management accountable - Allow HR to support staff and not always kowtow to management. I have seen to many good people leave or forced out because of poor management

Company used consulting firm to determine workforce and eliminated true workers

Marketing Manager (Former Employee) Bothell, WA

ProsCompany has a great product line
    Dutch company that does try to be humane to employees

ConsHealthcare Accelerate program = layoffs = Healthcare Reform Adoption
    Restricting salaries hiring inexperienced people.
    New CEO was faced with drastic moves due to prior management.
    Employees are concerned about employment stability

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have good people and you do not realize it. Your business is upside down. Performance decreasing and customer loyalty is drifting documented in trade consultant reports. This was a great company to work for. I hope that in the not too distant future it will again.

Current Employee -- Disappointed with the company's new direction

Commercial Operations Specialist (Current Employee) Bothell, WA

ProsGreat benefits and OK pay. The team I work with is fantastic and really work hard to get things done.

ConsThey say they promote from within, but only if you have the number of years of experience doing exactly the job description you are applying for. Stressful and exhausting during month-end mandatory overtime.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn your employees strengths and weaknesses. Utilize the talents of your employees to better the company and the world.

Benefits good, management lacks competence

Project Manager (Current Employee) Bothell, WA

ProsBenefits great, Promote healthy work-life balance

ConsManagement lacks competence, no funding for projects

Treats employees with respect

Marketing Director (Current Employee) Bothell, WA

ProsThe company has a strong history of treating employees well -- even during tough times (layoffs) -- Philips bends over backwards to do right by employees.

ConsA LOT of change... seem to always be reorganizing. It can lead to the company being more internally focused than they should be.

Was hoping for more but ended with less.

Supply Chain (Current Employee) Bothell, WA

Pros- Flexible work environment
    - Good benefits
    - Easy parking

Cons- Very metric focused - not how you do it but end performance that matters
    - Unpleasant work environment - office is boring, quiet. Buildings on campus need some TLC.
    - Everything is outsourced - IT, purchasing, call center, facilities, etc.
    - Lots of lay-offs have occurred which have dampened spirits and fostered some fear

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more support to employees - trust them and don't always be so quick to lay-off and outsource.

Worked for Philips Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!