Philips Healthcare Reviews

Reset
3.1
Philips Healthcare CEO Frans van Houten
Frans van Houten

Pros
  • Globally recognized company does take extra steps to make sure that you do have good work/life balance (in 46 reviews)

• Ii is stable company with good benefits (in 36 reviews)

Cons
  • There is no such thing as a work life balance (in 14 reviews)

• No diversity at all in upper management (in 21 reviews)

1. Best job I've ever had!

Former Employee - Supplier Material Engineer in Bothell, WA
    Former Employee - Supplier Material Engineer in Bothell, WA

I worked at Philips Healthcare (Less than a year)

Pros

Colleagues are friendly and helpful, and management is open and transparent; it's easy to make friends here. The work environment is virtually stress-free, which means employees can focus more easily on what they're being paid for. The cafeteria, gym, and walking path are a huge plus as well!

Cons

Initial training is tedious and disorganized, which is understandable, as it may largely be due to an inability to afford sending employees to formal classes. Budgetary constraints are why my own contract ended sooner than promised, as they were wanting to keep a long-time direct hire.

Advice to Management

Whatever it is you're doing, keep it up! This is the first place I have worked where I can't find a single negative thing to say about management. Thank you for being real with your employees and making the effort to get to know us. The humanness and transparency is greatly appreciated.

2. Facilities

Current Employee - Maintenance Engineer in Bothell, WA
    Current Employee - Maintenance Engineer in Bothell, WA

I have been working at Philips Healthcare (More than 8 years)

Pros

The tenants are really nice!

Cons

The management is not only rude and not helpful but down right useless!

Advice to Management

Run like there is no tomorrow!

Great Culture

Former Employee - Data Architect in Bothell, WA
    Former Employee - Data Architect in Bothell, WA

I worked at Philips Healthcare (More than a year)

Pros

The culture at Philips Healthcare is centered around employees maintaining a high quality work while still maintaining a healthy work-life balance.

Cons

Advancement opportunities can be lacking and too much weight given to length of stay when promoting from within as compared to knowledge and experience.

my favorite job

Former Employee - Inventory Control Coordinator in Bothell, WA
    Former Employee - Inventory Control Coordinator in Bothell, WA

I worked at Philips Healthcare (More than 3 years)

Pros

great management and staff, recruiters did a good job of bringing in people who were driven, all departments worked well with each other, outside of your normal corporate red tape everything was very efficient.

Cons

my department didn't get many of the normal holidays as we dealt with international customers and emergency shipments. starting pay was excellent but raises were few and far between during my time.

Advice to Management

could have done more to recognize employees who were valuable through raises bonuses or promotions.

Great culture, employees treated well

Current Employee - Marketing in Bothell, WA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Bothell, WA

I have been working at Philips Healthcare full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

From a salary and benefits perspective, treatment is fair, programs are good Many long-time employees, very likable people Culture seeks growth, but emphasizes integrity, keeping everything above board Genuine focus on work-life balance Flexibility, with many employees choosing to work from home at least part-time Culture of caring - about hospital customers, the patients they serve, employees and their families, the communities we live in. This is clear in every leadership talk I have heard.

Cons

Accountability seems lacking at times NA leaders could work on their stage presence Flattened hierarchy limits upward mobility for aggressive climbers Decision-making can be slow (a consequence of staying above board with everything)

7. Good

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Bothell, WA
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Bothell, WA

I worked at Philips Healthcare as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Large company with a variety of products and positions There is a lot of opportunity to focus on specific aspects of projects that you are interested in

Cons

There is a great deal of bureaucracy Strict budgets and rigid project management can lead to less flexibility than smaller companies

Advice to Management

Provide more mechanisms for lower level employees to have an impact on the organization Overall it is a very impressive company that has no need for my input

Used to be better, but market forces have required a lot of changes lately

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Bothell, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Bothell, WA

I have been working at Philips Healthcare full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great work/life balance, Your manager really dictates the experience you have, it's a big place so there are many jobs and great opportunity for advancement

Cons

Lots of constant change, always seems to be a new initiative, culture of the company is quite Dutch

Advice to Management

Transforming the company for better profitability is the proper path and you have the right idea... this company needs to act differently to leapfrog competitors

Stable, but lots of red tape and politics

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer III in Bothell, WA
    Current Employee - Software Development Engineer III in Bothell, WA

I have been working at Philips Healthcare full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Excellent work life balance, laid back atmosphere. Pay is not bad

Cons

TONS of red tape. Executives don't seem to know where to steer the company vision towards

Philips Healthcare takes pride in what it manufactures, however, lack of leadership continues to fail its employees.

Former Employee - Sales Operations in Bothell, WA
    Former Employee - Sales Operations in Bothell, WA

I worked at Philips Healthcare full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Healthcare is an excellent place to be. Philips has better than average benefits and flexible, for the most part, with work life balances.

Cons

Unfortunately, Philips being a public traded company cares more about the stock strength than whether an excellent employee keeps their job. When it does (which has often over the past 3 years) lay people off, they do not look at the true issues of why they struggle at being successful. Their Sales Operations management is failing this Philips miserably, but the management seems to remain. They continually let their field sales teams down and keep them from succeeding. Philips' incentive management has had 300% turnover in the past couple years and can't seem to find replacements. It has to do with their management (director and sr manager levels).

Advice to Management

Advice to the executive leadership: your HR needs to be more honest with you about why you lose you EXCELLENT employees to other companies or through your layoffs. You sales teams are excellent - unfortunately their sales operations teams fail them, along with their tools to make Philips successful. Take a look at overhauling your Sales Operations leadership and your HR leadership and see improvements.

Collections

Former Employee - Collections Specialist in Bothell, WA
    Former Employee - Collections Specialist in Bothell, WA

I worked at Philips Healthcare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Plenty of work, good co-workers

Cons

Prioties changed on a daily basis. goals not obtainable with the tools given to use. Too many management and direction changes.

Advice to Management

Look to your in the trenches people for advice as to what is really happening in the market place.

RSS Feed </> Embed