Philips Healthcare

Philips Healthcare Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Philips Healthcare CEO Deborah DiSanzo

Deborah DiSanzo

Pros
  • Globally recognized company does take extra steps to make sure that you do have good work/life balance(in 36 reviews)

• Ii is stable company with good benefits(in 35 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance, they will work you to death if you let them(in 11 reviews)

• The mentality of both the company and the upper management has changed for the worse(in 18 reviews)

Great Company!

Engineer Co-Op (Current Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

Pros-Great intern program
    -Wonderful work atmosphere
    -Good pay
    -Amazing with taking off time

Cons-Be ready to work on complex projects, I see this as a pro but for anyone that wants to be a "coffee-intern" keep looking.

Room for growth!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Bothell, WA

ProsOpportunities for career advancement within the company. Excellent compensation and benefits package. Annual employee engagement surveys to gauge employee satisfaction and areas of improvement needed.

ConsThe time it takes to have a policy changed.

Advice to Senior ManagementEnsure everyone is pulling their own weight.

This is a large corporation that has talented people but too much red tape and processes

Product Manager (Current Employee)

ProsPeople and the momentum of the company

ConsIt's a large company with lots of processes. People tend to stay in their own "sand boxes" instead of working across the business lines to truly differentiate themselves.

Advice to Senior ManagementPeople tend to stay in their own "sand boxes" instead of working across the business lines to truly differentiate themselves.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Philips Healthcare Review

Assembler (Former Employee) North Andover, MA

ProsGood people, good technology, great lean accomplishments.

ConsWas a temp for 5 years, no raise no benefits, never hired. Worked better then 90% of the company and pushed to be better, and every time I was pushed to something normal employees wouldn't I'd be pulled back because someone didn't like a young temp getting the better hand.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to who actually busts their but to work for you, and who just goes to take money out of your pockets.

Philips FEP program FSE 1

Field Service Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsThey give you a car or suv, gas card, relocation package, and 52,000.00 your first year.

ConsThey don't talk about salary at all, your growth path isn't talked about, or there isn't a clear direction of how to get there.

Communication is good ... in the 11th hour!

Lead Software Test Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsThe benefits are good, the people that I work with are very intelligent and truly care about delivering a great product to the end users, and my direct managers were on the spot with what they could share and that they did know.

ConsMid-level management (I consider my direct managers to be low-level, since they truly have no power other than guidance of product and employee reviews) and higher are not in touch with the day-to-day activities of the employees under them. Most of the decisions are made at such a distance that the impact they have on the workers does not resonate loud enough. The workers that deliver the products that give customers high hopes for future products and upgrades are thought of as interchangeable pieces. Pieces that can be replaced and moved for the bottom line of saving a few bucks here and there. All of the knowledge that has been gained and then entered into making a product that is something that customers can actually appreciate and want to have in there hospital rooms is merely thought of as data that can be off-loaded to another individual; at a lower cost or because that person lives in the area of consolidation. Planning ahead means approving a position requisition to hire someone in a location that management knows will be closed and relocated even though they have not informed the location yet. The belief of people at that location is that they have a few years before the impending closure that they know will happen. This is conveyed to the new hire and is agreeable. However, less than two months after the new hire is brought in (passing on other offers that he had) the order to shutter the facility and relocate to another facility a 1000 miles away comes in. On top of that, nothing is in place for relocation packages that should have been made, nothing is in place for handling transitions, and no clear picture of the future is relayed. This shows how well the system that is in place works.

Advice to Senior ManagementShare information, do not keep things close to your vest. Listen to people that work and produce the amazing products that you have to offer. Quit taking it for granted that because you have been in business for over 100 years that you will have another 100 years. In this day and age, companies have to be able to listen, understand, learn and adapt to move forward with success. Do not wait until an issue has reared its head before you try to chop it off, don't give it a chance to appear and you will be better off.

They do not care about their employees

Test Technician (Former Employee) Bothell, WA

ProsEverything is very well organized which maximizes work flow. There are also very simple procedures to follow to get the work done correctly and efficiently.

ConsManagement is terrible. I was hired as a Temp and was aware that my contract could end anytime. Towards the end of the fourth quarter, there were a lot of lay offs being made. I was informed by someone of high status than I that I was safe, and will remain employed. I received a call 4 days later telling me I was laid off. Since I had no planned on it because I was told I will not be laid off, I had no backup plans. All while finishing school, so now I'm $35,000 in debt and unemployed with an BS degree in EE. Since I also only worked there for 4 months... it isn't enough experience for potential employers to want you.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit thinking about the money. Philips has always been about its people... so focus on the people. Not just the consumers but the people who actually matter and help RUN philips.

Management is not engaged with the day to day workers.

Software Developer (Current Employee) Melbourne, FL

ProsThis is a large corporation with the ability to create some very sophisticated and useful tools for the medical industry.

ConsManagement in general only cares about schedule, they talk about quality but if it interferes with their schedule quality will be forgotten. They never listen to the employees that are in the trenches, they only care about their bonuses and the customer is not even considered. They talk about a patient connected to everything we do but that is just lip service. The #1 priority at any meeting with the CEO of healthcare is profits. This company is headed for a major disaster over the next couple of years. This is good because that will be the only way management will wake up and smell the coffee.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the employees, learn from what they have to say. The products your employees make need to reflect the capabilities required by the end users.

philips healthcare, the questionable future.

FSE (Current Employee)

Prosimmediate co-workers who are the sole reason for this philips branch of businesses success/survival.

Consnot worth mentioning. nothing will change. management has their priorities dictated from 'across the pond.'

Advice to Senior Managementdevelope some long term solutions instead of 'reorganizing' to cheapin operations, again. since it seems philips only, now, sells their 'brand' for other companies products, maybe the 'sellout' is closer than we think. good luck in negating the continued negatives reflected in the last employee survey. again, it shows you, management, do not care - as do many others because of your business practices. the remaining customers will soon catch on, if they haven't already. sometimes the truth hurts.

Philips was a company in transision

Systems Engineer (Former Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsLow stress due to low expectations.
    Employees treat each other like family, very close knit group.

ConsNo sense of urgency to complete engineering projects. Site was shut down and the work moved to Cleveland.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Worked for Philips Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!