Philips Healthcare

Philips Healthcare Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Philips Healthcare CEO Deborah DiSanzo

Deborah DiSanzo

Pros
  • Globally recognized company does take extra steps to make sure that you do have good work/life balance(in 36 reviews)

• Ii is stable company with good benefits(in 35 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance, they will work you to death if you let them(in 11 reviews)

• The mentality of both the company and the upper management has changed for the worse(in 18 reviews)

Best culture ever, in my entire career. Ask anyone that worked at my site, they'll probably say the same thing.

Electrical Design Engineer (Former Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsI made lifelong friends, received the best engineering mentorship of my entire career, and was able to work with a seasoned group of really nice and funny people. I actually wanted to come to work every day.

My manager was also very cool about coming into work not-so-perfectly on time. I really appreciated that.

ConsConstant changing of upper management, re-orgs, etc. This makes it quite difficult to move up. In fact, at least at my site, there wasn't much of a prospect of moving up past a certain point.

Advice to Senior ManagementI hope they don't lose that small-sized family atmosphere that honestly, is unrivaled in any other company which I've worked. The management *seemed* to be very transparent with everyone, and the direction of the company was rarely a mystery. I hear that has changed in recent times.

Great for the most part

ProsSalary, people, lots of room for growth. Several promotions along the way. In spite of company doing what they consider to be poorly, still give annual raises, and bonuses.

ConsWork/life balance, they will work you to death if you let them.

Advice to Senior ManagementConstant Org changes are a problem.

Supplier Quality Engineer

Supplier Quality Engineer (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsGreat work environment and you are presented with challenges always.

Conspersonal growth can be slower.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good company to work for

ProsGood benefits and flexible hours. Management takes interest in employee growth. Work is challenging and is often rewarded with recognition.

ConsLower salaries. Their performance evaluation system needs improvement.

Lots of good people to work with, company does care about its customers, however quite a few struggles

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsGood benefits, competitive pay, and good people to work with.

ConsComplex and cumbersome processes. Very matrixed and constantly changing. See frequent announcements about new executive being hired even during hiring freezes of staff level positions.

Sales Representative

Sales Representative (Former Employee) Framingham, MA

ProsThe training Philips provided was pretty good in comparison to other companies. On the whole, management is friendly and understanding of work life balance.

ConsWorking in a call center environment is never fun. There is also a high turnover rate for that reason, which can sap moral at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't take advantage of temporary employees. Offer them at least a living wage. While this may not be the most glorious job in the world, it's certainly an important one to the home healthcare portion of your business, so please treat your employees with respect.

Typical mega company that gets in its own way

Sales Account Manager (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsGreat benefits; decent pay relative to similar organizations

ConsEmployee turnover; bureaucratic operations; multiple bosses with different agendas; no organic growth, only through mindless acquisitions; not an industry leader;

Advice to Senior ManagementThere's an issue when a sales representative has to attend a two-hour meeting to attempt to figure out the comp plan, only to discover they will once again have their quota increased and customer base and commission structure decreased. This is a company for people wanting a quasi-governement type j.o.b.

Cool Place to Work...but ehhh

Customer Service (Current Employee) Alpharetta, GA

ProsNice Benefits and Pay
    Culture
    Values
    Telecommute
    Nice facilities

ConsToo much work is placed on you with no compensation
    When processes are changed upper management gets the credit/bonuses but when it falls apart they blame it on those who are following the process.
    Upper Management knows nothing about the day-day task and acts as if we don't even exist
    Can be too clicky, if you're not with the "cool kids" consider yourself on the chopping block

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more attention to the people at the "bottom" who bust their butts to make your numbers and bonus check fat!

Great people, difficult time

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Framingham, MA

ProsWork-life balance, great people, good benefits

ConsNot a great training system, too many overarching processes that are hard to follow and understand, lack of management and leadership, you are very much on your own. Also a hard time for the company, heard it better before.

Advice to Senior ManagementCulture and support

Manages cost but can't grow

Management (Former Employee) Andover, MA

ProsMultinational, large company with many businesses and sites. Therefore many career opportunities for advancement.

ConsVery complicated and often bureaucratic. Organizational structure is matrixed with many stakeholders involved in decisions.
    Able to manage costs tightly but never seems to be able to grow.

Advice to Senior ManagementFoster creativity, allow innovation, simplify decision-making. Treat individual businesses as unique when it comes to customer-facing and overall strategy. Explain clearly why Lighting and Healthcare fit together.

Worked for Philips Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!