Philips Healthcare

Philips Healthcare Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014

Philips Healthcare CEO Deborah DiSanzo

Deborah DiSanzo

Pros
  • Globally recognized company does take extra steps to make sure that you do have good work/life balance (in 38 reviews)

• Ii is stable company with good benefits (in 35 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance, they will work you to death if you let them (in 11 reviews)

• The mentality of both the company and the upper management has changed for the worse (in 19 reviews)

More Highlights

Profit at Any Price

Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) Virginia Beach, VA

ProsWork you do directly affects the health of patients

ConsThey only care about making a profit at any price! They DO NOT care about their customers and even less about their employees. If you go to work for them it's like making a deal with the devil...in the end you're going to get screwed.

Advice to Senior ManagementRepent of your evil ways.

Tough environment

Senior Marketing Manager (Former Employee) Murrysville, PA

ProsGood compensation package and benefits

ConsCan trust management. You are only a number.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication is better even if the changes are tough. Make the people feel valued.

Great Company to work for!

Clinical Specialist (Former Employee) Bothell, WA

ProsGreat environment, nice people, fun job!

ConsHard to move up, favor Dutch males.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company to work for

Contract Manager (Current Employee) Foster City, CA

ProsVery family friendly and the work life balance is great. I don't get the impression that it is simply because of my manager either. It seems to be the culture.

ConsVery disorganized company. No onboarding orientation. Can be hard to really feel a part of something instead of a cog in the wheel unless you are in sales.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop trying to save money at the expense of culture.

Lots of growth potential and movement, stymied by rigid management

Technical Consultant (Former Employee) Andover, MA

ProsMy time within Philips Healthcare was met with great comradery and teamwork, I've yet to work another entire team of qualified and bright coworkers. The work was challenging and interesting and I felt like I was fostered to taking on more and more challenges. The compensation levels were fair.

ConsThey were not very agile as a company to market trends. Many management systems based on bell curves and some HR practices in regards to levels of pay seemed shady.

Really enjoyed my time at Philips!

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Andover, MA

ProsThe friendliest people you will ever meet on the job. Interesting new products, very good work/life balance. I'd go back to Philips in a minute!

ConsThings move a little slowly if you are used to the start-up cultures.

Good Company but struggling to change with the times

Employee Education Manager (Former Employee) Andover, MA

ProsOpportunity for growth is decent, My Director was great but some of the Executive staff were not transparent and struggle with making changes

ConsSome of the Executive level were not transparent and struggle with making changes

Advice to Senior ManagementSupport change management initiatives and allow them to follow through and be more transparent

Enjoyed my time there. Supportive environment

Senior Manager Finance (Former Employee) Bothell, WA

ProsBig company, decent compensation packet. Most people enjoy working there, a sense of working for a company that is doing good things for people. Doing things that matter.

ConsBig company, hard to make changes to processes, a lot of wheel spinning. People at the top rarely change, so group think is a problem. Decisions seem to be reactive rather than strategic.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhile you put on the "let's get closer to the customer" face, the reality is that the processes are not getting you there. Need to push decision making down the ladder a bit.

Very great organization, nice people and excellent exposure

Program Coordinator (Former Employee) Andover, MA

ProsGreat benefits and excellent life support programs

ConsBot easy to rise up to higer positions as you may wish. It seem the only workaround is to get out and I was a lot of people leaving to Philips competitors as development paths are very limited

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to employees

Proud to be working for a company that strives to better people's lives and well-being.

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Andover, MA

ProsWork-life balance, company mission and values, innovative products and solutions, good people, ideal office locations, market leader

ConsLeadership is sub-par for company of this size, office buildings are outdated and stale, flat matrix organization makes it challenging for advancement, promotion isn't easy to come by

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove management and leadership, hire in better talent, improve office culture by investing in office buildings

Worked for Philips Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!