Phillips 66

Phillips 66 Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Phillips 66 Chairman and CEO Greg C. Garland

Greg C. Garland

Great company, growing extremely fast with good values.

Commercial Intern (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsPeople have great attitudes here, and are happy to work for the company. Great work life balance, and the compensation is very competitive. Definitely try to look after their employees, by offering great benefits.

ConsOverall, not a whole lot of cons. The only con I would say is that your career goals are greatly affected by your placement into a particular group in the company. You need to know exactly what part of company you would like to work in, and understand the opportunities for movement.

Great place to work

IT Intern (Current Employee) Bartlesville, OK

ProsFrom my experience, I really like everything about Phillips 66 and all it has to offer for the world and for its employees. Good experiences all around.

ConsI have not noticed anything bad about the company. I do not see any cons, only the benefits I mentioned previously in the pros section of this questionaire.

Advice to Senior ManagementThank you - it's all good!

great place to work

Prosgreat place to work, lots of growth and opportunity, awesome bonus, great people

Consnot very diverse in terms of ethnic diversity , very behind on understanding needs of diverse employees,

Advice to Senior Managementlook at what other large oil and gas companies are doing in terms of diversity (i.e. food in cafeteria, meditation room, etc)

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

great place to work

Prosthe people are very awesome people

Consthe dangers are very great dangers

Advice to Senior Managementfix things that are broken, no band-aids

Intellectually challenging but helpful place to work

Process Engineer Intern (Former Employee) Linden, NJ

ProsVery friendly, intellectually curious employees. Always willing to help one another and learn constantly on the job. Strong work ethics

ConsHours can be long especially if you want to be viewed as a rising star

Great Company to work for.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Roxana, IL

ProsGreat company to work for.

ConsInformation pass down can be confusing sometimes.

Great place to work

SAP Analyst (Current Employee) Bartlesville, OK

ProsGreat pay, nice environmentto work - great emphasis on employee safety and working responsibly in locations where the company operates
    The leadership of the company never cease to let empoyees know how much their work and contributions to the company's success is valued.
    The leadership keep employee fully briefed and updated on the progress the company is making.
    when you hear the CEO Greg Garland and his leadership team talk, they exude such great enthusiasm that is infectious

ConsA few supervisors are not well prepared for their jobs...the company overall has great managers but a few of them do not really need to be there.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone, compnay on the right path

Love it

ProsGreat all around and love working here

ConsMy only complaint is the location of my office

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

Great place to work in IT. Supportive environment and you are well rewarded.

IT Business Analyst (Current Employee) Bartlesville, OK

ProsThere are a large variety of IT Roles so you can be on the very technical side or more on the business relationship side. It is fairly easy to move around in IT and you have lots of opportunities.

ConsStill has some old school ideas on flexible work options. Mid-Level managers make or break "valuing people" and the company needs to better demonstate that people are valued by providing things like comp-time when overtime is required. You continue to push people beyond 100% and eventually they will burnout.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward people when they go above and beyond do not treat it as a job expectation.

Great internship experience!

Engineering Intern (Current Employee)

ProsI had projects comparable to what a full time hire would be working on. Everyone I worked with was very open to helping me when I needed it, and everyone including management was very approachable. They really value their interns and work hard to give them the full picture of the company and what it would be like to work there.

ConsIt seems to be more difficult to advance in the company if you aren't open to moving often, both to different positions and locations.

Worked for Phillips 66? Contribute to the Community!