Phillips 66

Updated December 11, 2014
4.1

Phillips 66 Chairman and CEO Greg C. Garland
Greg C. Garland

Pros
  • The company stresses Safety and Work Life balance (in 7 reviews)

• Good benefits-not the best; health insurance has very high deductibles (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • New hires are often paid higher salaries then their more experienced counter-parts who have been employed for years (in 3 reviews)

• Management does not want to hear what they really need to hear (in 2 reviews)

More Highlights

Great place to work!!!

Current Employee - Analyst in Bartlesville, OK
    Current Employee - Analyst in Bartlesville, OK

I have been working at Phillips 66 full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Compensation and benefits are excellent! Everyone is helpful. I have a great supervisor and friendly coworkers. They offer numerous groups and events to integrate new employees with the company. Tons of education opportunities. The atmosphere is relaxed because everyone completes their jobs without the need for constant supervision.

Cons

I have not experienced anything negative about the company, any of the employees, or management.

I am excited to advance and continue my employment!

Great people and company

Current Employee - Finance in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Finance in Houston, TX

I have been working at Phillips 66 as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Pay, benefits, experiences, job rotations, relaxed environment, consistent 9 - 5, people, mentors... Overall great place to work, I would like to come back full time.. they challenge you and give your real work that impacts the company as a whole

Cons

i dont know what people are making at the higher levels of the company, also it seems like you have to move a lot to get promoted

Big company built on a legacy, but struggling to find a direction

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Phillips 66 full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-Pay, it's pretty good as far as i am concerned.
    -matching 401K, that kind of stuff
    -Forward looking right now, as far as i can tell. The talk from management is that they want to "go big or go...somewhere".
    -Some good people, i enjoy being around my co-workers.

Cons

-Even though the pay is good, they are stingy on every other decision like mabye investing in infrastructure. Some of us work out of buildings constructed in the 1940s. Hello, oil boom?
    -The confusion, its a company with a legacy, a big one at that, that allows for a concentration of decision making ability. Hey, the PEOPLE make the company..
    -Theres legacy P66 people, and legacy Conoco people and a lot of us late-comers. It's easy to tell who is who. That sometimes causes division.
    -The focus on the interns seems to be a big deal. How about all the people that work day after day to keep the oil flowing?

POWER TO THE PEOPLE! They are your best asset. Dont allow district micro-managers to rule with iron fists.
      Continue the growth strategy though, it gives us a bit of hope that the paneling wont be on the walls forever and the cobwebs won't be on the equipment for long either.

Opportunity awaits you

I have been working at Phillips 66

Pros

Safety is number one with Phillips 66. Environmental stewardship is number two. A great place to learn about so much various types of instrumentation. Great pay, bonus, pension and thrift plan.

Cons

Employee performance reviews do not occur. If supervisors think yea or nay of you, you would never know. You have to make your own direction as far as career path.

You should not tie first line supervisor bonuses to their budgets, etc. Makes the first line supervisor do nothing for people under his/her direction.

Very friendly work environment.

Current Employee - Process Engineer
    Current Employee - Process Engineer

I have been working at Phillips 66 as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

The company culture is laid back, and everyone works as a team. People have great attitudes which makes work a pleasant environment.

Cons

The company could have more structured training. The pay for engineers is better than most companies but not quite as high as the top salaries. But giving up a few grand a year beats working for the majority of those companies.

Keep P66 in the same direction as it's currently going and all will be great.

Great company, growing extremely fast with good values.

Current Employee - Commercial Intern in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Commercial Intern in Houston, TX

I have been working at Phillips 66 as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

People have great attitudes here, and are happy to work for the company. Great work life balance, and the compensation is very competitive. Definitely try to look after their employees, by offering great benefits.

Cons

Overall, not a whole lot of cons. The only con I would say is that your career goals are greatly affected by your placement into a particular group in the company. You need to know exactly what part of company you would like to work in, and understand the opportunities for movement.

Change is good

Current Employee - Planner in Amarillo, TX
    Current Employee - Planner in Amarillo, TX

I have been working at Phillips 66 full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I enjoy working with my peers. No turnarounds, all weekends off, and try to accomodate home/work balance.

Cons

The Pros out weigh the cons

Great place to work

Current Employee - IT Intern in Bartlesville, OK
    Current Employee - IT Intern in Bartlesville, OK

I have been working at Phillips 66 as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

From my experience, I really like everything about Phillips 66 and all it has to offer for the world and for its employees. Good experiences all around.

Cons

I have not noticed anything bad about the company. I do not see any cons, only the benefits I mentioned previously in the pros section of this questionaire.

Thank you - it's all good!

Growing Company

Current Employee - Procurement in Sweeny, TX
    Current Employee - Procurement in Sweeny, TX

I have been working at Phillips 66 full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Security, lots of opportunity for college new hires and employees willing to relocate frequently, lots of growth for the business

Cons

No telecommuting, no company provided cell phones or laptops, no pre-planning by management to prepare for attrition. No promotions for employees without relocating.

Add some perks, hire more people.

Excellent pay, great benefits - inconsistent company culture

Current Employee - Human Resources Business Partner
    Current Employee - Human Resources Business Partner

I have been working at Phillips 66 full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits are good, pay is very good, bonus program is excellent

Cons

work life balance is non-existent but company is trying to change

Phillips 66 Photos

Fitness Center Pool
Old Phillips 66 station (Photo thanks to Flickr user Phillip, Some Rights Reserved)
Phillips 66 (Photo thanks to Flickr user Sarah Richter, Some Rights Reserved)

+ Add Photo