Phillips 66

Phillips 66 Reviews

Updated Jul 25, 2014

Phillips 66 Chairman and CEO Greg C. Garland

Greg C. Garland

Pros
  • work/life balance, people, I never felt lost in such a big company, great job promoting networking among employees (in 5 reviews)

• Good benefits-not the best; health insurance has very high deductibles (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • New hires are often paid higher salaries then their more experienced counter-parts who have been employed for years (in 3 reviews)

• Management does not want to hear what they really need to hear (in 2 reviews)

More Highlights

Process Engineer

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Borger, TX

ProsGood place to gain experience. People actually working in the units are great to work with.

ConsOverall culture is broke and turnover is extremely high. No communication from any level of management. Don't care about people and no plan to develop experienced people. Only way to get ahead is to make others look bad. They say the pay is average for industry, but get your money when you hire in, you fall behind quickly and new hires will be making more then you in a couple years.

Great place to work

SAP Analyst (Current Employee) Bartlesville, OK

ProsGreat pay, nice environmentto work - great emphasis on employee safety and working responsibly in locations where the company operates
    The leadership of the company never cease to let empoyees know how much their work and contributions to the company's success is valued.
    The leadership keep employee fully briefed and updated on the progress the company is making.
    when you hear the CEO Greg Garland and his leadership team talk, they exude such great enthusiasm that is infectious

ConsA few supervisors are not well prepared for their jobs...the company overall has great managers but a few of them do not really need to be there.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone, compnay on the right path

Love it

ProsGreat all around and love working here

ConsMy only complaint is the location of my office

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Company to work for.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Roxana, IL

ProsGreat company to work for.

ConsInformation pass down can be confusing sometimes.

New Company, Great direction, map still being drawn

Sales (Current Employee)

ProsIts work, average competitive pay and benefits for industry

ConsNew management seeking ways to get there, short handed, do more with less.
    Change is coming, is it enough? Is it the right direction? How to keep experience!
    Self imposed limits

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust, verify, responsibility, accountability are the tools they need to manage, open the cage doors

A great place to mark time until you find something better

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Linden, NJ

ProsCompetitive salary and benefits. Workers watch out for each other and try to make sure everyone is treated fairly.

ConsTotal disconnect between labor and management. Instead of working as partners, the relationship is more like that of an angry divorced couple. There is also little room to advance if you are on the labor side of the equation.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook for talent from within. Invest in your own talent before bringing in outsiders for every little task.

Good company to work for

ProsGood salary, bonuses and benefits

ConsDegrees more valuable than experience

Company stuck in the past.

Procuement Specialist (Current Employee)

ProsGood pay. Decent benefits. Generous vacation for experienced new hires.

ConsCompany does not bring in outside experts to teach classes; formal training is very lacking with the "boots on the ground" people on the front lines. Too many people in mid-management and upper managment in many departments and not enough worker bees. Imposed "head count". Intermal people are promoted that do not have the experience or training of professionals coming in from the outside. Company does not want to hear what they need to hear; people advance by telling management what they want to hear. Can't see teh forest for the trees in achieving cost savings.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring in outside experts to teach best practices in many subjects. Elimanate the head count. Don't just promote from within; bring in experienced professionals with formal training and experience.

Great company to work for!

IT Analyst (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGood benefits and friendly work environment. Flexible work hours are very accomodating.

ConsWith the IT headquarters located in Bartlesville, there is not a lot of room for advancement in Houston unless you want to move or change the type of work you do. A lot of the college recruits are fast tracked and pass up senior employees who have worked very hard to get where they are. I don't think that shows much respect for their dedicated employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhile you are trying to build your future company, don't forget about the ones that have been with you for many years and have stuck it out through all the changes.

Great place to work in IT. Supportive environment and you are well rewarded.

IT Business Analyst (Current Employee) Bartlesville, OK

ProsThere are a large variety of IT Roles so you can be on the very technical side or more on the business relationship side. It is fairly easy to move around in IT and you have lots of opportunities.

ConsStill has some old school ideas on flexible work options. Mid-Level managers make or break "valuing people" and the company needs to better demonstate that people are valued by providing things like comp-time when overtime is required. You continue to push people beyond 100% and eventually they will burnout.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward people when they go above and beyond do not treat it as a job expectation.

Worked for Phillips 66? Contribute to the Community!