Phillips de Pury & Company

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Simon de Pury

Young, hip auction house. (not for everyone)

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsThe youthful environment was exactly what I wanted. Specialities in only contemporary really help focus this company on what's important. Work is work, but at least I enjoyed all the small tasks that are thrown in the mix.

ConsThis place is a little bit disorganized, but it depends on the department. Also, you'd think a new sales floor would have phones and internet that worked during an auction.

Best colleagues, terrible management

Client Services (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsAcross the board from admins to specialists, employees were passionate and knowledgable about their field. W place to learn something new everyday.

ConsNo merit-based raises (when I worked there at least), rather raises had to accompany a promotion. Chaos amidst upper management. Rigid hierarchy meant junior employees are often treated disrespectfully by clients and management. Zero investment in employees, who are all seen as replaceable.

Advice to Senior ManagementGiving employees even a modicum of autonomy. Invest in their professional development.

Disorganized, cold, elitist

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsReally none, they paid on time.

ConsReviewing the London base, words cannot describe how awful the people are you will work with. Cold atmosphere, no one talks to each other, if you have any personality this is not the place for you. Exceptionally elitist.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest time in choosing candidates, not based on how aloof they are. Very shocked and I came from a media background, the most unfriendly place on earth, please don't waste your time.

Worked for Phillips de Pury & Company? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Phillips de Pury & Company reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Phillips de Pury & Company CEO Simon de Pury. All reviews posted anonymously by Phillips de Pury & Company employees.