Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital

Updated May 25, 2014

Joel Wernick

Excellent facility - opportunities for Nursing

Registered Nurse (Former Employee) Albany, GA

ProsState of the art facilities, forward thinking CEO, strong financial base. Clinical practice rooted in evidence based medicine. Uses E-ICU which enhances outcomes.

ConsGood old boy network exists in nursing leadership. Friendships have greater impact than talent and intellect. Able to talk a good game, but the follow through is lacking when it comes to moving nursing care forward.

Advice to Senior ManagementEvaluate the culture. It is well-known if one articulates a vision that reflects the truth or calls into question the behavior or actions of others (even based on corporate guidelines) the consequences are swift and severe. As Quint Studer wrote, "to change people, sometimes you have to change people". Nursing leadership needs a complete overhaul in order to bring the organization forward.

Medical technologist work experience

Medical Technologist (Current Employee) Albany, GA

ProsIn this lab on this evening shift, the best reason to work here is my co-workers. Everyone works as a team and everyone gets along. The supervisor is great. Also the MTs get a $2.50 shift diff. This lab has good, up to date machines.

ConsPhoebe is always in trouble as they try to defeat competition from other hospitals in the 6 county area. This hospital is in trouble with the Federal Trade Commission over their acquisition of Palmyra Hospital which is about 4 blocks from here. The legal costs to fight this battle have been in the 10s of millions. Phoegbe has had 2 lay offs in the last 12 months that included lab workers.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe upper management is good here at Phoebe but I would like to say that it is not always about the almightly dollar. Stop trying to grow bigger and more profitable and just be content with what we have. No more expansions. No more growth.

Wonderful job with wonderful people

Clinical Nurse Coordinator (Former Employee) Douglas, GA

ProsVery supportive. Professional. Cared about meeting goals and helping patients.

ConsContracted work. Dealing with the staff at the contracted site could be challenging.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

great place

Proslocation benefits room for promotions and raises and to really create a good resume

Consless modern equipment no complimentary snacks or cups etc for employees, can keep creating more hospitals but wont give your internal medical professionals a raise in years..lower than average pay...

Advice to Senior Managementwithout your nurses you wont have a hospital..raises and make it to were people want to stay..alot of people are disatisfied and just looking for a way out of albany for better pay. YOU should have more than one charge nurse for one floor. when you have too many patients per nurse you leave room for medical error

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

GREAT ENVIRONMENT

Help Desk Analyst (Current Employee)

ProsThe management and fellow employees are great! everyone pitches in when something need to get done. Great Communication

ConsThe scheduled could be a little better for some

Learn what you can and move on.

ProsHas a lot of newer technology....feels like home....nice employees.

ConsCompensation is only average for the area...because they are the only employers worth working for in the area. The organization owns almost every hospital or clinic within 100 mile radius...which means they can set pay scales. They believe experience is better than education....small town thinking.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management needs to be more educated and also possible take some leadership classes instead of reading leadership books.

Not very employee friendly

Weekend Day RN (Current Employee) Albany, GA

ProsGood pay if willing to work odd hours like weekends and night shift. They really know how to keep you in your position.

ConsPersonal life cannot exist here. They don't care about if your sick, your kids sick, or if you have family problems.

Tired. Not enough staff or resources.

Registered Nurse (Current Employee) Albany, GA

ProsGreat team work. Recently hired many nurses.

ConsNo competition. Upper management does not understand what is needed to provide quality patient care. ICU nurse to patient ratio should be 2:1. Now it is 3:1 and has even been 4:1!! Not safe for patients or nurses.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo get good patient outcomes you need adequate staffing and resources.

I love this job alot.

Helpdesk Analyst I (Current Employee) Albany, GA

ProsCo-workers are great. Great benefits.

ConsNo cons at this moment.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Collector

Collector (Former Employee) Albany, GA

ProsExcellent opportunity to gain experience in the medical field to learn billing, coding, and understanding of A/R and the financial structures associated with a myriad of insurances. Must possess the characteristics of being self motivated, innovative, persistent and the abillity to manage stress.

ConsPresent salary range is not consistent with job duties and responsibilities. Unless a person is self motivated, innovative, persistent and can manage stress well, the job may become overwhelming. Due to a lack of appropriate training, the job can become frustrating and individual productivity can be threatened.

Advice to Senior ManagementInternal review of lower level management should be conducted on a consistent basis using input of employees submitted to the lower level management.

Worked for Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital? Contribute to the Community!