Phoenix IT Group

Add Photos

Phoenix IT Group Chairman Peter M. Bertram

Peter M. Bertram

Slave drivers

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England (UK)

ProsClean environment, pleasant if very young coworkers, the services in place for the client were very good.

ConsUnder paid, under appreciated, unsociable and IMPOSSIBLE hours, no understanding from the management about travel problems with the rubbish M4 and frequent flooding, back-stabbing team ethic, juvenile-minded management 'inner-circle'.

Advice to Senior ManagementAct like management and treat staff like human beings.

Last one out turn off the light!

ProsThere should be many, but reality it that due to very poor management over a long period, the company can now only go one way.

ConsToo numerous to list!
    Need to re-focus on basics, remove most of the current senior management and then (possibly) the organisation may survive. But looks as if its being deliberately driven down to sell off.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet out!

Atrocious!

Engineer (Former Employee)
    London, England (UK)

ProsClean environment and engineers in general capable and pleasant people. Leaving each day to go home was also a pro at this place!!

ConsManagement need to grow a back bone and stop behaving like children in a playground, daily back stabbing from other members of staff and management completely incompetent. Without doubt the worst place I have ever worked......avoid at all costs. Staff leaving like rats leaving a deserting ship.

Job completely unrewarding and management completely unappreciative of staffs efforts keeping this shambolic company afloat.

All talk and no action sums this lot up.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate the staff you have left, looking after customers and stop all the petty minded internal bickering that goes on. Take a good look at some of the managers......some rotten apples lurk therein.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Frustrating, but improving

Sales (Current Employee)

ProsTalented colleagues, great services, genuine ability to deliver. Finally beginning to look like a single IT Service provider, rather than a collection of acquired businesses

ConsInternal change for change sake over the last 3 years and successive re branding has been confusing for clients.

Advice to Senior ManagementStick to a plan and implement it! Reward employees for results. Stop penny pinching on bonuses and commission

Organised chaos

Engineer (Former Employee)
    High Wycombe, England (UK)

ProsValuable experience gained in IT

ConsManagement were very unprofessional. Not organised, no career progression and too much work politics.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet professional managers who are organised and who listen to their staff.

Stuck on first rung of ladder

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat Staff, flexible hours to accommodate lifestyle

ConsLack of progress, many staff stuck in same basic role for over 5 years.

Advice to Senior ManagementInternal promotional opportunities

At least they pay on time every month

Desktop Support Engineer (Current Employee)
    Manchester, England (UK)

ProsPay is reasonable for the level of work although this is only because of TUPE in from another company
    9-5 Monday to Friday

ConsNo chance of payrise or bonus
    No chance of training
    Promised appraisal process never materialised
    Don't be surprised as an employee if you have to battle to get your expenses at the correct rate
    HR aren't afraid to lie in emails then backtrack leaving you worse off
    Everything is done last minute with scant details
    There is no career ladder this job is just a means to get a monthly pay packet
    Morale is at rock bottom and many are highly sceptical of anything they are told by Phoenix management judging from the comments on conference calls
    You will probably have to deal with incompetent teams from other companies and countries
    Unless they want something you won't hear from management for weeks and months on end (perhaps that is a pro)

Advice to Senior ManagementIt isn't acceptable to fob employees off with excuses about why there aren't any payrises. The economy was bad 5 years ago but at some point it will get better and we all want yearly payrises. How do you expect to keep morale up and get the best support for your clients if your staff are annoyed at constantly earning the same wage for years on end?

A very disappointing professional experience

Desktop Support Engineer (Current Employee)
    London, England (UK)

Pros- Can't complain, they pay on time every month
    - As mobile engineers, we enjoy some flexible time during the day
    - As mobile engineers, we enjoy the benefit of driving a company car for personal use (obviously, we pay part of gas and a contribution)
    - Standard benefits (Salary + holidays + private pension)

Cons- No salary raise or bonus for the last few years. Some engineers haven't got a raise or bonuses in 5, 6, 7 years
    - Lack of training. I've been sent just to 3 different training sessions within the last 5 years
    - We have our appraisal every year (we haven't had one this year yet), but that's a mere formality. It doesn't matter if you reach a perfect review, it won't get you at least, a verbal recognition
    - They expect you to give 110% for the company, while they barely give the minimum for you to stay (well, I admit all companies do this, but Phoenix leads the list)
    - The HR department at Phoenix is the worst HR department I've had to deal with in my entire professional career. Starting with its management level.
    - Every mobile engineer can expect to be pushed into a consultation, redundancy or TUPE process at least, once per year.
    - There's absolute no morale or motivation among engineers to provide a great service. There's a strong resistance to accept the new and proposed changes, contract and T&Cs the company wants to apply, since they basically stumble upon the engineers' personal lives and time
    - The company hasn't changed the on call rates in over a decade. Now, the new terms and conditions offered reduce this

Once again, no raise for the last 5 to 7 years. It seems they (the senior management) have seriously adopted the motto: "Keeping your job is the new raise"

NO... Absolutely not. I don't do these kind of things to my friends. I would not recommend this company to a friend.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou see and treat your employees (especially, your engineers) like inanimate resources, they're just a number on the payroll that needs to be "administered". You should start leading your engineers, recognize their effort and make them feel important, respected and recognized. Stop looking at your bad financial numbers and start looking at promoting and leading your best resource. It will definitely help you provide a highly professional service and keep a very satisfied customer.

I believe that at least, 99% of the mobile engineers don't even know the company mission and vision, they don't know and make the corporate culture [if it even exists] part of their professional lives. So, how do you expect them to be part of it, work harder and be aligned with the rest of the company to achieve its goals?

where are we going? what are we doing?

ProsSome good staff are still left

ConsNo corporate direction or directors change every few months a lot od passive aggressive management no one will make a decision

Advice to Senior Managementwhere are we going?

Worked for Phoenix IT Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Phoenix IT Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Phoenix IT Group CEO Peter M. Bertram. All 9 reviews posted anonymously by Phoenix IT Group employees.