Phonak

Be The First To
Add Photos

Lukas Braunschweiler

Sales Position Review

Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee)

ProsTop of industry products and innovation. Excellent customer service. Senior management gives sales team the opportunity to think outside the box for solutions. The current culture of the company is making a drastic change for the better. If it continues on this path I only see good things to come. Total income is fantastic when you are at or above goal.

ConsMost (if not all) of the regional sales management team lack initiative and emotional/creative intelligence. Compensation plan and territories change yearly. They have a tendency to promote from outside the company rather than within and unfortunately I have not seen any changes to that motto in the recent years. Salaries are low. Travel and Expense budget is pathetic.

Advice to Senior ManagementTraining for the immediate management team. Also there may need to be some changes. I strongly feel that some of the managers are in the best position for their skill set.

Stay away from the VA

ProsThe regular employes are great, All driven like cattle,Great lunch room, and end of shift is price less when leaving.

ConsThe department is in shambles. Manager will throw you under the bus in a heartbeat, will not take responsibilty for own actions, as it doesnt have a clue whats going on. Way too much favoritism.

I believe it would be good experience

Mailroom/Labeling (Current Employee)
    Warrenville, IL

ProsHelp with other employees. We need to have positive attitude, good behavior

ConsThe downside would be mismanagement

Advice to Senior ManagementThe process on job applications should be moving faster. Not long time like weeks.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Forward thinking company with an enjoyable work environment

Warrenville, IL

ProsMy experience at Phonak has been extremely satisfying. The managers are caring, attentive, and respectful. The facility is beautiful and open-concept, eliminating a barrier between departments. Everyone is very friendly. Upper management places a huge amount of importance on employee recognition, and it shows. Phonak is forward thinking in its values and culture and is growing rapidly, and the qualiy of the product and the attitude of the employees allow it to do so.

ConsBecause Phonak is in the process of opening their Aurora office, chaos is sure to arise. That being said, all affected employees and managers are handling it quite well.

Run from this company

ProsGreat lunch room to eat in

ConsBeing micro managed, teated like childern and cattle. Some managers need to learn to dress "age appropriate" Way too much favoritism

Advice to Senior ManagementIts time to move on

Love the People of Phonak

Manager (Current Employee)
    Warrenville, IL

ProsThe Customer Service team is warm and helpful. There is genuine concern for fellow colleagues. Management listens sincerely to the needs of the staff and strive to promote a spirit of cooperation. The management team actively engages it's employees through various communications, town-halls, huddles and recognizes the team in Customer Service each with a week of fun and food. Events are planned in effort to help boost morale and a

ConsPhonak is a company experiencing typical :"growing pains". Systems and processes require updating.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove communication from Senior Management team to front line employees. More involvement with customer facing staff.

Passionate about helping the hearing impaired

Warrenville, IL

Proscore values, make a difference, always learning daily. Job advancement possibilities. Workers look out for each other, celebrate birthdays, thoughtful and caring.

Consfast paced, stressful if you are unable to multi-task, could seem overwhelming to some. Not always aware of all all opportunities available.

Advice to Senior ManagementLead by example. Work on team building and positive reinforcement.

There are better places to work than here.

Warrenville, IL

ProsExcellent products; sales staff and customer care really want to help the hearing impared.

ConsSenior Leadership does not follow any process and does not care to improve. Major changes needed for this compay to retain good employees.
    If you are not in the in crowd, your ideas are worthless.
    Micromanagment by many manager and all people jump the chain of command and compete for attention rather than have the best interest of the company at heart.
    VERY high sales staff turnover.
    Horrible vaction policy.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt is not a popularity contest, it is a business!

This company makes a great product but Core Values do not reflect actual employee experience. Layoffs & turn-overs.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Warrenville, IL

ProsThe products are the top of the line - unbelievable products and customer service.

Cons- high turn over of sales team
    - executive communication to employees contradictory of actuality
    - Uncomfortable work environment as employees did not have strong or knowledgeable leadership

Employee satisfaction continues to plummet.

ProsIndustry leader
    Innovative products
    Location
    Pay is decent for most positions

ConsSenior Management lacks industry experience
    Lack of employee empowerment
    Too much micro-management and big brother approach
    Slow response to product quality issues
    Little to no on-going support or training for internal staff
    Quick to criticize; slow to appreciate
    Recent lay-offs and key departures have left current staff overloaded and uncertain about future which causes daily stress and inconsistent service.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop creating cliques and take the time to learn what your direct reports do and who they are. Give the impression that you care. Offer constructive criticism rather than continual belittling. Make the changes necessary to make the staff proud to work at Phonak. It was once a great company and can be again, though some key organizational changes need to be made. The staff no longer has confidence in this senior management team.

Worked for Phonak? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Phonak reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Phonak CEO Lukas Braunschweiler. All 22 reviews posted anonymously by Phonak employees.