Photobucket

Updated July 29, 2014
3.3

Tom Munro
1 Rating

An amazing photo community with amazing people

Former Employee - Business Development  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Business Development in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Photobucket full-time

Pros

Great people, wide reaching product, small teams with big impact, user-centric on delivering the best features to its users.

Cons

Still some corporate bureaucracy, needs to be a lean startup releasing often and building. The company is still focused on how to maintain an online community and partnerships were dominated by consensus process.

Keep the history alive, preserve the people, and return to the autonomy that let the company succeed by being the best online photo community.

Uphill battle for women in NDE

I have been working at Photobucket

Pros

Travel was great! I traveled coast to coast. Seen several different states in all kinds of weather. The desert in the winter and Montana in the fall all very beautiful.

Cons

Being the only female technician in our shop I had to prove myself to the operations manager each time we got a new one and we had four in the six years that I worked there. The job is basically a man's world they have a hard time accepting women in the field. They also don't have much employee loyalty.

Have more understanding for employees, sometimes when a person gets deathly ill it takes time to heal. It would be nice to have work for employers who are on restrictions instead of telling them that they can't work until all restrictions are lifted. Especially those that have a college degree and have the experience to do more than just field work.

Poorly run company

I worked at Photobucket full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

work life balance is the best thing about the company, if you don't want a high level of accountability and want palace where you can pursue other jobs on the side this is the place for you!

Cons

leadership is self serving, there is no designated career path for most employees. Worse, this is a company on decline. There is a clear bias towards certain individuals and departments.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great if you're smart and talented, but don't expect to go anywhere

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Photobucket

Pros

The benefits are good (work/life balance, insurance, etc.), and the projects are interesting and challenging. If there's something you'd like to work on or get some experience with, you can generally get your hands dirty. Relaxed office atmosphere with a relatively hands-off approach to employee management.

Cons

The direction of the company is fuzzy and there is little or no room for career advancement. There's a lot of lip service that things will change, but little follow through.

Was a fair place to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Photobucket

Pros

great work life balance and the team was really friendly and talented.

Cons

no job growth. sometimes business decisions were made by leadership without considering the user stats.

the org chart was a bit strange.

Smart and talented techie? This is the place in Denver for you.

Current Employee - Techie  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Techie in Denver, CO

I have been working at Photobucket

Pros

Photobucket is a company with lots of smart, talented people. Most important, these people are given the autonomy to make decisions and do their job effectively. Communication is strong compared to a lot of other places I've worked.

Cons

Photobucket is a fast-paced environment that values progress over activity, meaning anyone who is looking to punch a clock would not last very long. Vacation is limited to two weeks a year, but they are a little extra generous on paid holidays. On the flip side, the work-from-home policies are pretty liberal.

More direct interaction between the California office and the Denver office would be beneficial to give the technical teams more insight into the product and company direction.

Worked for Photobucket? Contribute to the Community!