Photogenic

Updated September 9, 2014
Updated September 9, 2014
2.3

Steve Craig

The people at photogenic are fun to be around and make work enjoyable.

Former Employee - Photographer/Sales  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Photographer/Sales in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Photogenic full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Laid back work environment, friendly staff, good managers

Cons

Not many hours in the slow season

Scheduling is all over the place. Provide your workers with consistent work times.

Great Side or Summer Job

I worked at Photogenic part-time for more than a year

Pros

Meeting new people, discounts at venues, making extra cash. Pick up as many shifts and rack up as much cash as you can during the "on" season while actively searching for other jobs to have by the time the "off" season comes.

Cons

Not enough money for a full-time job. Work is seasonal and employees can be sent home at any time due to lack of traffic. Those who might stay will be overwhelmed if traffic suddenly picks up. No one cares about you.

This company won't last much longer unless the business model changes. Trim cost in supply usage, not employee pay.

Cool.

Former Employee - Photographer/Sales  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Photographer/Sales in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Photogenic full-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly assistant managers, great pay, great hours

Cons

Manager yelled at employees in front of guest and visitors, horrible uniforms. make you pay for your background check, pee test, and uniform so its 10$ coming out of 7 paychecks and they let you know last minute. Managers are very rude to customers who doesn't want to buy the 20$ photo packages. If you can't take 20 photos within an hour they fire you, doesn't matter how much of a good worker you are.

Don't yell at your employees in front of customers its bad for business and it makes you look unprofessional.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Pretty decent summer job

Former Employee - Photographer/Sales  in  Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Photographer/Sales in Boston, MA

I worked at Photogenic part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people to work with, often fun sites to photograph at. Very good introduction to sales too.

Cons

Hours can be taxing depending on which photo shoots you're assigned to. Some can be late night cruises which you shouldn't expect to be home until after 11 PM.

I was very unimpressed at the running of this company, as someone with a Bachelor's in Photography.

Former Employee - Photographer/Sales  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Photographer/Sales in New York, NY

I worked at Photogenic part-time for less than a year

Pros

The benefits were fine, the views and what I got to see on the cruises was great.

Cons

Every employee starts off at a meager hourly wage. Promotions include an incredibly small raise paired with an incredibly increase in responsibilities. Organization within the sector I worked for was ridiculous and felt like it was ran by a bunch of children.

If you pay your employees better and offer incentives worth working towards, you will keep a much better crew and have much more reliable workers.

Hard work pays

Former Employee - Shift Lead  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Shift Lead in Chicago, IL

I worked at Photogenic part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

If you are a good worker, you get as many hours as you want.

Cons

People call off without having someone fill their shift.

Great, could be better though.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Photogenic part-time for less than a year

Pros

Most of the people you work with are great. My managers are all awesome, the pay isn't too bad for starting out.

Cons

The schedule for Monday-Sunday isn't posted until sometime Friday or even Saturday, doesn't leave much time for trading shifts if something comes up. The venue we work at does not communicate well with us.

Good for college students in need of a part time job.

I worked at Photogenic

Pros

Good pay and flexible schedule. Laid back environment. Coworkers are fun to be around and always ready to help when needed.

Cons

Worker to people ratio. Can sometimes have long hours. Have to sometimes make sales in bad weather on and off boat.

You are better than this job, trust me.

Former Employee - Sales Photographer  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Photographer in New York, NY

I worked at Photogenic part-time for less than a year

Pros

it's kind of fun for a few weeks.

Cons

people are rude, the company is super inefficiently run, the other employees get drunk at work and often fudge the numbers, among other things. The upper management does fake cheesy presentations about customer service and how you too, can achieve the dream of going corporate at a really uninteresting and badly run company (which you probably cannot). As an employee, they make you feel replaceable because you are. Oh and also, the pay is terrible. There is definitely a reason they are always hiring.

Treat people like human beings. Sorry your boring office job sucks, but at least you don't make $9 an hour. Also, what you do is basically obsolete. People can take their own photos. Probably you should start looking for a new job.

If I wasn't in desperate need of an income I would've never even considered this job.

Former Employee - Photographer/Sales  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Photographer/Sales in Chicago, IL

I worked at Photogenic part-time for less than a year

Pros

Developing a close relationship with coworkers
    Discounts at host venues
    Good for a summer job to make some quick cash

Cons

You put up with crap from customers and a clique of managers/supervisors while performing more tasks than your job requires.

CEO shows up randomly to berate us but is nowhere to be found when we need cold water on hot days or to replace the ancient equipment we have to use. Try making sure your employees have what they need instead of focusing on service scores. And to the managers and supervisors, you are not gods. You're there to lead shifts and oversee things, not go on power trips and be tyrants.

Worked for Photogenic? Contribute to the Community!