Photon Infotech

Updated December 14, 2014
3.6

Photon Infotech Chairman and CEO Srinivas Balasubramanian
Srinivas Balasubramanian

Pros
  • Good growth prospects in for high performers (in 15 reviews)

• Its a decade old stable organization with good work culture (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • The only problem with this company is work/life balance (in 22 reviews)

• There are no coffee machines and below average cafeteria (in 16 reviews)

More Highlights

You won’t get such experience anywhere else.

I have been working at Photon Infotech

Pros

Everything that we do in Photon is on the top of the chain in the technology world. The clients that I had the opportunity to work for and work with are the companies that you would want to be a part of in the future, Photon is like a massive stepping stone for me, you won’t get such experience anywhere else.

Cons

No recreational areas and small cafeteria.

Photon was my first actual experience on handling amazing clients.

I have been working at Photon Infotech

Pros

Photon was my first actual experience on handling amazing clients, Fortune 500 big time clients and the newest technology like Android, Windows, iOS, HTML 5 etc. I had nothing on me when I tried to go into Photon, just my degree and some programs that has no significance, still they took me in. My first day was a wreck, the whole culture shock took over me and I was like a deer in a headlight. But the people are supportive and slowly but steadily I learnt how to handle things. The whole experience in Photon Infotech was amazingly successful. I had the time of my life and took a bit of experience with me, not bad for a first job I suppose.

Cons

High expectations, don’t expect it to be a 9 to 5 job. You will be responsible for the work that goes to the client so expect some music from the management if you don’t deliver right. Roles are flexible thus can be bit confusing at times.

Thank you Photon for the opportunity of a lifetime. They will give you the experience that you need for the future.

I have been working at Photon Infotech

Pros

Thank you Photon for the opportunity of a lifetime. I can’t stress this enough, to all those starting out to those starting their careers there is nowhere better to start than Photon, they will give you the experience that you need for the future and the confidence to face everything with a smile and assurance that you will have the job. You will learn everything about technologies, people and politics! Don’t get bogged down by the initial vibes learn to make the most of it and you will be wiser at the end.

Cons

Limited locations, Bangalore is there but most of the accounts and management team is in Chennai. So be prepared to stay in Chennai. Overall lack of recreational areas but they have got a TT table recently for the new block.

Overall they provide an amazing experience of working on cutting edge technologies. They have fortune 500 clients.

I have been working at Photon Infotech

Pros

At first I was intimidated with the amount of things that were happening in Photon, the work load, the chaos inside the whole office, the constant buzz and the going through and through the multiple rooms in here. That was a scary part of the process I suppose, but they helped me to ease into it. Overall they provide an amazing experience of working on cutting edge technologies like iOS Android, and Windows Phone. They have fortune 500 clients and interesting projects.

Cons

Cafeteria needs to be bigger and more recreational areas are needed. We need more updates from the management on what is happening in the organization so more town halls please.

Photon helped me a lot!

I have been working at Photon Infotech

Pros

Photon helped me a lot, they are supportive here and very competitive as well. Everything we do is a reward on its own. I handled many good accounts on my own and was exposed to the newest technology like iOS, android, etc out here, enough to make me going as a competitive career starter. I had been in so many other companies but Photon was the first one to give me the freedom to explore things that I have not yet explored before.

Cons

Roles tend to be flexible and hence can get confusing at times. It might be difficult for some people to shift to other technologies but trust me without shifting you won’t have growth. Cafeteria is bit small and need recreational areas.

The camaraderie here is remarkable. I had the best two years here at Photon because of the people and the management.

I have been working at Photon Infotech

Pros

The camaraderie here is remarkable. I had the best two years here at Photon because of the people and the management, they handle the teams and everyone else pretty swell. The work itself is challenging on its own especially when everyday is somehow new from the last. Everyday felt like a day for learning. It’s like the hunger games in here but not as hostile, you learn you survive with the help of your friends and the whole company excels. I had quite a time in Photon, I may say that it was the most fun that I had in my recent memory.

They will put everything you have to the test

Current Employee - IT Consultant in Marietta, GA
    Current Employee - IT Consultant in Marietta, GA

I have been working at Photon Infotech part-time (more than an year)

Pros

They will put everything you have to the test, they will challenge everything about you, but they will never oppose you, you are in the same thing here at Photon. Quite a contradictory there, right? That is just how we roll in here. I worked here for quite a while now and all I can see is a big machinery calmly running faster and faster towards that frontier. They will challenge you to be a better person and to be a good colleague to others. They will put your knowledge to the test and make sure that you absorb as much as you can from the learning part of the day. What I love about Photon is that they are not afraid to hire some new blood.

Cons

They will put everything you have to the test

What I love about Photon is that they are not afraid to hire some new blood.

They work with various technologies.

I have been working at Photon Infotech

Pros

They work with various technologies. That alone is enough to make me consider working here, and I did. I was young then, never had any experience but enough knowledge to make it, they gave me a chance and I’d like to think that they somehow gambled on me, or is that what they do? They give opportunities to those who need to have experience to get jobs. If that is the case I made the right choice considering and pushing through Photon. They are well driven in here and the results always matter. I felt that the management is always there, being part of the whole team, to be able to handle some of the newest and various technology out there in Photon is enough to make me thank them.

I have been working at Photon Infotech

Pros

It may sound a bit nerdy but I want to thank photon for leveling up everything that I know about iOS. They handled some of the most interesting clients with iOS platforms while I was here, I thought that I know more than enough about iOS to be able to go to other places but when I was here it felt like I was in the freshman class, they are so advanced in here and the way they handle the speed of the work is really remarkable. I decided to stay here for a quite a while and I have never regretted a day, every day is a new day here, my interest never subsided.

Cons

Good Company to get your bearings

Former Employee - Project Manager in Somerville, NJ
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Somerville, NJ

I worked at Photon Infotech full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Cutting edge technology, Process oriented

Cons

Top down approach - What boss says goes.

Photon Infotech Photos