Photon Infotech

www.photon.in
Profile Unclaimed

Will get to handle a small team on your own.

I have been working at Photon Infotech

Pros

At Photon, you get to work on omnichannel projects for large US clients. It’s a fairly mid size IT company so you will get the opportunity to interact with CTO and CEO of the company and learn about their vision. Best place for an MBA to join as you will be put into leadership positions instantly and will get to handle a small team on your own.

Cons

Roles can be flexible and can get confusing, HR should send detailed JDs for each role to avoid confusion. Overall the top management is too busy and can skip town halls sometimes which can be frustrating for employees as the information doesn’t reach them in time

Good Learning Experience

I worked at Photon Infotech

Pros

There is a stiff learning curve and you will learn lots of new technologies on various platforms. The work is result driven so it can be rewarding and engaging. There are a lot of opportunities to grow within the company and you will get good increments if you are a high performer. Onsite opportunities within 2 years depending on your performance.

Cons

Roles are flexible and can get confusing at times. There are limited avenues for employees to innovate. There are no coffee machines and limited recreational areas.

The rewards are pretty amazing.

I have been working at Photon Infotech

Pros

Being part of Photon Infotech is really a reward on itself. In my time here I was already exposed to many things, from the latest updates to the newest mobile OS and with how to handle the newest devices. Photon always makes sure that we are well informed so every day could be different and that kind of variety in workplace is always healthy for me. I just hope that I could perform much better in the near future, since Photon is a result driven culture, there will be always some traces of stress and urgency, but the rewards are pretty amazing.

Cons

Definitely not a place for the average. More role clarity is required for employees to understand their roles and perform better. No Coffee Machines. Lack of space in general for any recreational activities.

Being part of Photon Infotech is really a reward on itself.

I worked at Photon Infotech full-time (more than a year)

Cons

The work is very challenging.

I have been working at Photon Infotech

Pros

The work is very challenging. I get motivated in a daily basis because the work is something that I consider to be one of the most fulfilling things that I do. You get to working on cutting edge technology on all web and mobile platforms. Good onsite and growth opportunities as they are expanding big time.

Cons

The office seriously lacks coffee vending machines and recreational areas for employees. Also there should be impromptu cabs for employees who leave late.

The ability to handle various business situations you will get promoted soon.

I have been working at Photon Infotech

Pros

Get to work on cutting edge mobile projects on iOS, Windows and Android platforms. Double increment cycle helps increase CTC in one year. Good onsite opportunities for technical folks. If you can showcase your ability to handle various business situations you will get promoted soon

Cons

The work can be a little stressful and fast, but it is rewarding. Lack of recreational areas and coffee machines.

Photon is a good place for ambitious and highly self motivated people.

I have been working at Photon Infotech

Pros

The place is so intimidating, there are a lot of things going on and at first it will be overwhelming for a newbie like me, but they assured me that I will be a productive part of the team in no time and with the help of my team mates I handled myself pretty well. They gave me different projects to work on, some of the clients are pretty big, and I always felt like they geared me to be a productive member of the team. Photon is a good place for ambitious and highly self motivated people.

Cons

No coffee machines and lack of employee engagement activities.

Flexibility in terms of roles.

I have been working at Photon Infotech

Pros

Flexibility in terms of roles. You can move from being a project manager to delivery manager to an account manager, it all depends on your performance and how politically smart you are. Good onsite opportunities for developers and middle management. They pay above the average industry standards. Great work culture and a young and vibrant team.

Cons

Some of their training methods and scheduling could use some work but all in all Photon have the whole process under control.

Opportunities are great!

Current Employee - Information Technology in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Information Technology in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Photon Infotech full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There are a lot of opportunities here at Photon, the best is the opportunity to interact directly with clients, some of their clients are on the Fortune 500 list. The pay is good above industry average. Photon is a good place to test both your skills and your resolve when it comes to the mobile technologies.

Cons

No coffee machine in the office, I am used to them from my previous employer. Lack of employee engagement initiatives.

Good People, Horrific Management

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Photon Infotech full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The folks on the ground in the US are outstanding, including working with clients and interacting with each other. There's a sense of camaraderie and purpose when it comes to these folks.

Cons

Fundamentally, this is a horrific company when it comes to a variety of things. Pay is significantly below market standards. The benefit package is extremely basic (medical, dental, vision). They've just launched a 401(k), but without a match. You receive a bank of PTO days to be used for *all* purposes: vacation, sick, bereavement, with no ability to take unearned PTO. The main office in India have horrible communication skills, and have less of a priority than is necessary. They still consider themselves a start-up, despite being in business for over fours. Absolutely no flexibility when it comes to working from home and the like. Promotions/reviews use the abhorrent stack ranking system, encouraging back-biting and attacking other coworkers

Hire a native English speaker to help clearly communicate information. Increase compensation and benefit levels. Make time-off policies more modern (this was the first job in my professional life that didn't offer paid jury duty leave).

Photon Infotech Photos