Physicians Choice Laboratory Services

Joe Wiegel

Excellent culture, clueless management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Rock Hill, SC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rock Hill, SC

I worked at Physicians Choice Laboratory Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fun place to work, good programs for employees, ideal location, employment stability

Cons

Unfair compensation structure, over-emphasis on sales staff, lack of clear direction from management on future direction of company.

Improve communication and standardize the salary schedule. Make sure employees understand where they fall on the pay schedule and what they need to do to advance.

Sep 23, 2014Marketing communications manager

Thank you for your honest, thoughtful response. As you know, we are a company experiencing tremendous growth and our road through these changes will have a few bumps. We appreciate your feedback and ... More

Best team to work with and always staying busy

I have been working at Physicians Choice Laboratory Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Challenging company that keeps me on my toes and I'm continually learning new things as I work on various projects that span all departments. PTO is sufficient although it's hard to have sick days and vacation lumped together. The health plan and 401k benefits are genuinely good. I've always had an HSA plan so I am used to the ins and outs of the healthcare plan. I know it can be a shock to most when switching form a PPO co-pay plan to the HSA.

Cons

Company is still growing so they are transforming and with that comes bumps. Mistakes will be made as they move forward, but I feel like they will come out on top.

Continue to be open with employees and share as much about the company growth and direction as possible.

You Do Not Want to Work Here.

Current Employee - Data Review  in  Rock Hill, SC
    Current Employee - Data Review in Rock Hill, SC

I have been working at Physicians Choice Laboratory Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Might be an ok position for entry level fresh graduates who have low expectations. Occasional free food/snacks.

Cons

The pay is is well below average, unless you flirt with supervisors. It is also difficult to advance, unless again you flirt with supervisors. Initially, HR and management are very deceptive about pay rises and also about bonuses. Supervisors let lazy people sit around while making the hard workers pick up their slack.

Re evaluate your supervisors, they need more training on how to properly distribute the workload among all the employees, lazy ones too. Give the raises and bonuses that you promise.

Sep 23, 2014Marketing communications manager

I am sorry to hear that you are unhappy with PCLS. We appreciate your feedback and should you like to share more, please email jennifer.gammage@pcls.com.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Please don't be fooled by any five star review of this place. BOGUS!

I worked at Physicians Choice Laboratory Services

Pros

Free donuts once a month

Cons

Low pay rate
    No annual merit increase
    Health insurance benefits suck

Get a clue

Exciting Healthcare Technology Laboratory

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Rock Hill, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rock Hill, SC

I have been working at Physicians Choice Laboratory Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Dynamic growth focused on patient and customer needs. Dependable and high quality results. Value of employees. Continuing education support (tuition reimbursement). Opportunities to advance, develop new services. Employee perks, such as on site healthcare clinics, fitness, meals. Team oriented environment. High level of customer service.

Cons

None, PCLS is an industry leader.

Management respects and values the employees. This is tremendous and supports the employee value chain.

Dynamic Culture Realized

Pros

The company is fast paced and collaborative. If you like to be part of a team where you can make a mark, you will love PCLS"!

Cons

Although I know it is coming, it is the first building in River Walk so not a lot of services, food close by.

One of the best companies I have worked for!

Current Employee - Operations  in  Rock Hill, SC
    Current Employee - Operations in Rock Hill, SC

Pros

Brand new, state of the art corporate headquarters
    Great benefits
    Great amenities - fitness center, CrossFit, yoga, basketball court, etc.
    Flexible hours - this is a results driven company
    Friendly, knowledgeable staff
    Awesome work environment
    Quarterly bonuses
    Pet friendly

Cons

From time to time, the complex workflow and drive to go above-and-beyond for any customer request causes inefficiencies and extended work hours.

Operations

I have been working at Physicians Choice Laboratory Services full-time

Pros

Cool Company events such as doughnut pay days. Monthly meetings are a bore though and kind of a waste of employee time. health benefits are good and life insurance is decent.

Cons

Bonus's are hyped by HR and management, but in reality very small. Hard to move up and expect very very little pay compared to national and state average. High turnover rate of employees. Company is also structured very poorly and only family members and friends of management are rewarded

Pay employees better!

May 9, 2014Marketing communications manager

Thank you for your honest, thoughtful response. As you know, we are a company experiencing tremendous growth. Our road through these changes hasn't been without bumps, but we are headed in the right ... More

Worst Company, no ethical or moral foundation.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Pros

Bench scientists know more than upper management especially in the genetics department.

Cons

The company continually fires people without cause. Management is threatened by anyone with strong science background and will fire them if they have an opinion. Within less than one year seven individuals were "let go" six were fired, one left under curious conditions and investigations. There are no moral or ethical values in this company and they will alter data and tell people to delete the original files to hide their mistakes.

The company hires very young scientists and puts them in senior positions they are not qualified for. They end up making poor decisions and become very ego driven. A dangerous combination from all perspectives.

Listen to the specialists you hire and not a director who doesn't understand what she is doing.

May 9, 2014Marketing communications manager

Your feedback is appreciated and heard. We will consider your opinions as we chart our course for the future. If you'd like to share more feedback, please email jennifer.gammage@pcls.com. Best of ... More

This company sucks

I have been working at Physicians Choice Laboratory Services full-time

Pros

I have a job with pay

Cons

Low Pay
    Very high benefits
    Understaffed
    You are required to do anything they ask of you

May 9, 2014Marketing communications manager

I am sorry to hear that you are unhappy with PCLS. We appreciate your feedback and should you like to share more, please contact your HR representative or email jennifer.gammage@pcls.com.

Physicians Choice Laboratory Services Photos

PCLS Facilities
PCLS Core Values

+ Add Photo

Worked for Physicians Choice Laboratory Services? Contribute to the Community!