Physicians Choice Laboratory Services

Not yet rated.

Joe Wiegel

Exciting Healthcare Technology Laboratory

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Rock Hill, SC

ProsDynamic growth focused on patient and customer needs. Dependable and high quality results. Value of employees. Continuing education support (tuition reimbursement). Opportunities to advance, develop new services. Employee perks, such as on site healthcare clinics, fitness, meals. Team oriented environment. High level of customer service.

ConsNone, PCLS is an industry leader.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement respects and values the employees. This is tremendous and supports the employee value chain.

You Do Not Want to Work Here.

Data Review (Current Employee) Rock Hill, SC

ProsMight be an ok position for entry level fresh graduates who have low expectations. Occasional free food/snacks.

ConsThe pay is is well below average, unless you flirt with supervisors. It is also difficult to advance, unless again you flirt with supervisors. Initially, HR and management are very deceptive about pay rises and also about bonuses. Supervisors let lazy people sit around while making the hard workers pick up their slack.

Advice to Senior ManagementRe evaluate your supervisors, they need more training on how to properly distribute the workload among all the employees, lazy ones too. Give the raises and bonuses that you promise.

Please don't be fooled by any five star review of this place. BOGUS!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFree donuts once a month

ConsLow pay rate
    No annual merit increase
    Health insurance benefits suck

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a clue

Physicians Choice Laboratory Services Marketing communications manager responded to this review

May 9, 2014

I am sorry to hear that you are unhappy with PCLS. We appreciate your feedback and should you like to share more, please email jennifer.gammage@pcls.com.
  1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Dynamic Culture Realized

ProsThe company is fast paced and collaborative. If you like to be part of a team where you can make a mark, you will love PCLS"!

ConsAlthough I know it is coming, it is the first building in River Walk so not a lot of services, food close by.

One of the best companies I have worked for!

Operations (Current Employee) Rock Hill, SC

ProsBrand new, state of the art corporate headquarters
    Great benefits
    Great amenities - fitness center, CrossFit, yoga, basketball court, etc.
    Flexible hours - this is a results driven company
    Friendly, knowledgeable staff
    Awesome work environment
    Quarterly bonuses
    Pet friendly

ConsFrom time to time, the complex workflow and drive to go above-and-beyond for any customer request causes inefficiencies and extended work hours.

Operations

ProsCool Company events such as doughnut pay days. Monthly meetings are a bore though and kind of a waste of employee time. health benefits are good and life insurance is decent.

ConsBonus's are hyped by HR and management, but in reality very small. Hard to move up and expect very very little pay compared to national and state average. High turnover rate of employees. Company is also structured very poorly and only family members and friends of management are rewarded

Advice to Senior ManagementPay employees better!

May 9, 2014

Thank you for your honest, thoughtful response. As you know, we are a company experiencing tremendous growth. Our road through these changes hasn't been without bumps, but we are headed in the right ... More

Worst Company, no ethical or moral foundation.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsBench scientists know more than upper management especially in the genetics department.

ConsThe company continually fires people without cause. Management is threatened by anyone with strong science background and will fire them if they have an opinion. Within less than one year seven individuals were "let go" six were fired, one left under curious conditions and investigations. There are no moral or ethical values in this company and they will alter data and tell people to delete the original files to hide their mistakes.

The company hires very young scientists and puts them in senior positions they are not qualified for. They end up making poor decisions and become very ego driven. A dangerous combination from all perspectives.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the specialists you hire and not a director who doesn't understand what she is doing.

May 9, 2014

Your feedback is appreciated and heard. We will consider your opinions as we chart our course for the future. If you'd like to share more feedback, please email jennifer.gammage@pcls.com. Best of ... More

This company sucks

ProsI have a job with pay

ConsLow Pay
    Very high benefits
    Understaffed
    You are required to do anything they ask of you

May 9, 2014

I am sorry to hear that you are unhappy with PCLS. We appreciate your feedback and should you like to share more, please contact your HR representative or email jennifer.gammage@pcls.com.

Worked for Physicians Choice Laboratory Services? Contribute to the Community!