Physicians Choice Laboratory Services

Joe Wiegel

A good place to start.

Current Employee - Laboratory Technologist in Rock Hill, SC
    Current Employee - Laboratory Technologist in Rock Hill, SC

I have been working at Physicians Choice Laboratory Services full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Easy-going office environment, nice people, free coffee, free fitness classes, company matches 50% of HSA contributions and offers a bonus HSA contribution based on how many fitness classes you attend, pays for insurance premiums.

Cons

You enter the lab to do a single thing (i.e. sample prep, data review, data analysis, etc...) and don't get trained on anything else which doesn't make you very marketable to other employers if you ever plan to leave the company (most places will expect you to know the process from start to finish). Because of this, the job can seem a bit monotonous and you may not feel like you're learning anything after the first couple of months. It seems as though the company is trying to cross-train everyone in the future but they have been hiring so many new people they're having a hard time coordinating this process.

Communication between shifts could be better, most problems or changes are made known by word of mouth

Jan 12, 2015Marketing communications manager

Thank you for your honest and thoughtful response. We appreciate your feedback and will consider it as we continue to grow throughout 2015. Should you like to share more, please email ... More

Some Unfair Bosses

I worked at Physicians Choice Laboratory Services

Pros

Great pay, Great hours some of the Sales Rep are super nice to work with.

Cons

Dealing with people personalities. They hear one side of stories about new employes because of someone else opinion and run with it.

Great communication starts with the managers K.C

Jan 12, 2015Marketing communications manager

I am sorry to hear that you are unhappy with PCLS. We thank you for your honest and thoughtful response. As you know, we are a company experiencing tremendous growth and our road through these ... More

Excellent culture, clueless management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rock Hill, SC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rock Hill, SC

I worked at Physicians Choice Laboratory Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Fun place to work, good programs for employees, ideal location, employment stability

Cons

Unfair compensation structure, over-emphasis on sales staff, lack of clear direction from management on future direction of company.

Improve communication and standardize the salary schedule. Make sure employees understand where they fall on the pay schedule and what they need to do to advance.

Sep 23, 2014Marketing communications manager

Thank you for your honest, thoughtful response. As you know, we are a company experiencing tremendous growth and our road through these changes will have a few bumps. We appreciate your feedback and ... More

horrible

I worked at Physicians Choice Laboratory Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

work-life balance is ok. If you work at corporate, you should have fun with all of their exercise opportunities

Cons

No help provided - minimal training at best

If you invest in your employees they will invest in you

Nov 5, 2014Marketing communications manager

I am sorry to hear that you are unhappy with PCLS. We appreciate your feedback and should you like to share more, please email jennifer.gammage@pcls.com.

Best team to work with and always staying busy

Pros

Challenging company that keeps me on my toes and I'm continually learning new things as I work on various projects that span all departments. PTO is sufficient although it's hard to have sick days and vacation lumped together. The health plan and 401k benefits are genuinely good. I've always had an HSA plan so I am used to the ins and outs of the healthcare plan. I know it can be a shock to most when switching form a PPO co-pay plan to the HSA.

Cons

Company is still growing so they are transforming and with that comes bumps. Mistakes will be made as they move forward, but I feel like they will come out on top.

Continue to be open with employees and share as much about the company growth and direction as possible.

You Do Not Want to Work Here.

Current Employee - Data Review in Rock Hill, SC
    Current Employee - Data Review in Rock Hill, SC

I have been working at Physicians Choice Laboratory Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Might be an ok position for entry level fresh graduates who have low expectations. Occasional free food/snacks.

Cons

The pay is is well below average, unless you flirt with supervisors. It is also difficult to advance, unless again you flirt with supervisors. Initially, HR and management are very deceptive about pay rises and also about bonuses. Supervisors let lazy people sit around while making the hard workers pick up their slack.

Re evaluate your supervisors, they need more training on how to properly distribute the workload among all the employees, lazy ones too. Give the raises and bonuses that you promise.

Sep 23, 2014Marketing communications manager

Please don't be fooled by any five star review of this place. BOGUS!

I worked at Physicians Choice Laboratory Services

Pros

Free donuts once a month

Cons

Low pay rate
    No annual merit increase
    Health insurance benefits suck

Get a clue

May 9, 2014Marketing communications manager

Exciting Healthcare Technology Laboratory

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rock Hill, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rock Hill, SC

I have been working at Physicians Choice Laboratory Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Dynamic growth focused on patient and customer needs. Dependable and high quality results. Value of employees. Continuing education support (tuition reimbursement). Opportunities to advance, develop new services. Employee perks, such as on site healthcare clinics, fitness, meals. Team oriented environment. High level of customer service.

Cons

None, PCLS is an industry leader.

Management respects and values the employees. This is tremendous and supports the employee value chain.

Dynamic Culture Realized

Pros

The company is fast paced and collaborative. If you like to be part of a team where you can make a mark, you will love PCLS"!

Cons

Although I know it is coming, it is the first building in River Walk so not a lot of services, food close by.

One of the best companies I have worked for!

Current Employee - Operations in Rock Hill, SC
    Current Employee - Operations in Rock Hill, SC

Pros

Brand new, state of the art corporate headquarters
    Great benefits
    Great amenities - fitness center, CrossFit, yoga, basketball court, etc.
    Flexible hours - this is a results driven company
    Friendly, knowledgeable staff
    Awesome work environment
    Quarterly bonuses
    Pet friendly

Cons

From time to time, the complex workflow and drive to go above-and-beyond for any customer request causes inefficiencies and extended work hours.

Physicians Choice Laboratory Services Photos