Physicians Choice Laboratory Services

2.3
Joe Wiegel

1. Marketing/Sales

I worked at Physicians Choice Laboratory Services

Pros

Fun atmosphere Ability to be creative Small enough to have impact

Cons

I enjoyed my experience at PCLS

Jul 27, 2015 – Marketing communications manager

Thank you for your honest and thoughtful response and we will review these comments with our management team. If you would like to share more, please email jennifer.gammage@pcls.com.

Still a start up

I have been working at Physicians Choice Laboratory Services

Pros

Fun start up,company is still growing. It has a generally nice environment with friendly people. There is a nice place to eat your lunch and they did open the gym for personal use.

Cons

Still lots of structure being created for all the departments and many department are still being formed. At this company, it's who you know and not what you know.

Potential-Needs Major Work

I have been working at Physicians Choice Laboratory Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Small gym you can use on your own time. Friendly employees, have become friends with several outside of work. Has some great employees that know what they are doing, company could really improve and turn around with some support and help from knowledgeable individuals. Most employees really care about the company and work hard so the company has potential to be an great lab.

Cons

Most upper management have no clue what they are doing and do not like to listen to employees who do have experience. Several higher ups and mid levels have no experience in the laboratory industry, they make unrealistic decisions and deadlines. The company as a whole needs to work on their finances. The HR department lacks knowledge in their area, additionally you can not go to them with issues as they either gossip or do not know how to handle the issue in a professional manner.

Advice to Management

Hire an outside individual to be CFO and control finances. Take a step back and work with the employees that have industry knowledge. In the future hire people with the correct experience for the positions.

Science Dep

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rock Hill, SC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rock Hill, SC

I worked at Physicians Choice Laboratory Services full-time

Pros

Still some highly talented individual who are in a very bad position "that have to deal with previous mistakes and bad judgments".

Cons

Extremely misguided management. During the lay off, Pcls has lost so many hard working talented individuals and the company is paying the price for it. The lay off was very organized and unprofessional. That make the company look cold blooded. Currently, the company is in a bad position. It is going to take some major proactive initiative and new policies that can't be achieved giving that status the company is in. The moral is very low and the load is very big with no incentive. Forgetting quality and focusing only on profit is what drove the company into a ditch. The prospect of Pcls is very gloomy. I don't recommend this place giving the status the company is in.

Advice to Management

Go back to your core principles and remember what made Pcls great. Build on what you have, invest in your employee and make your client number one. The end product is only profitable when passion/excellence is behind your service, unfortunately, that is not the case.

Jul 27, 2015 – Marketing communications manager

We are sorry to hear that you are unhappy with PCLS. We thank you for your honest and thoughtful response and will review these comments with our management team. If you would like to share more ... More

6. Dishonest company

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Physicians Choice Laboratory Services

Pros

None. Livers cheats crooks terrible company no management no direction

Cons

Too many things to list. This company needs to be investigated by the FBI. They are a bunch of dishonest croojs

Advice to Management

Quit. Close this company down immediately!!!! No one should trust you or do business with you

PCLS

I worked at Physicians Choice Laboratory Services (More than a year)

Pros

Co-workers were always willing to help.

Cons

This company has no structure and no real direction. They cannot compete with other labs until they get this under control.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees

Jul 27, 2015 – Marketing communications manager

Things seemed to be going well...

I worked at Physicians Choice Laboratory Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

freedom to make decisions; "business owner" mentality

Cons

not prepared for growth or pending reimbursement changes; customer service

Advice to Management

don't lay off your best people

Jun 29, 2015 – Marketing communications manager

Unorganized nightmare run by inexperienced management. I knew on day one that I had made a huge mistake.

Former Employee - Genetics Technologist in Rock Hill, SC
    Former Employee - Genetics Technologist in Rock Hill, SC

I worked at Physicians Choice Laboratory Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The main pro was that they were very accommodating to work-life balance. Their wellness program with fitness classes was incredible, but now that's gone.

Cons

Where to begin? I don't think these people have a clue what they're doing. If I were a doctor, I would not send my samples here. They don't hire quality, certified techs, and if they do, then they let them go because they can't manage their money appropriately. Leadership was a nightmare as well. No loyalty to their employees.

Advice to Management

Don't hire new people if you're about to cut 150 employees because you are in trouble financially. That's unethical and shows you care nothing about the people that work for you.

Jun 16, 2015 – Marketing communications manager

We are sorry to hear that you are unhappy with PCLS. We thank you for your honest and thoughtful response and will review these comments with our management team. We appreciate your feedback and ... More

Shady business practices

I have been working at Physicians Choice Laboratory Services

Pros

i have nothing to say about my negative experience at PCLS

Cons

Comp plan was not existent

Advice to Management

Get competent HR team

Jun 29, 2015 – Marketing communications manager

We are sorry to hear that you are unhappy with PCLS. We appreciate your feedback and should you like to share more, please email jennifer.gammage@pcls.com.

Do Your Homework

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fenton, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fenton, MI

I worked at Physicians Choice Laboratory Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Paychecks deposited on time. Recently canceled home office workout facilities.

Cons

Too many to list...If you haven't done your homework on this company before taking a position, you are doing yourself a great disservice. Recent major layoff of both sales force and home office/ laboratory. Still good people working for this company, but terrible mis-management will most likely lead to total failure.

Jun 16, 2015 – Marketing communications manager