Physicians United Plan

17 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Ok while it lasted

Analyst (Current Employee)
    Orlando, FL

ProsThe company was growing quickly enough to allow for opportunities for growth for employees with aptitude and a hunger to succeed and advance. Not a good place for employees that just wanted to phone it in and still be compensated for doing the bare minimum.

ConsConstant change made carrying on a successful program nearly impossible. By the time it would take to get a routine up and running, Sr. management would shuffle, or major company strategy and objectives would shift and a year's worth of planning and work would go out the window. Company had very little quality control on new hires and there was a pretty low level of ability and experience, even in mid to high level positions that required it. Obviously, going out of business was a big con as well.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter luck next time!

sad to see such a great company crumble

Orlando, FL

ProsAmazing staff. Everyone who worked here was happy and collaborated. There was little to no red tape, and everyone shared knowledge and responsibilities. One of the best places I ever worked

ConsFailures of executive staff led to the downfall of the company. Company is now being liquidated by the state of Florida.

Not a fair company

Coordinator In Operations (Former Employee)
    Orlando, FL

ProsGreat work environment. Fun events, free drinks, room for advancment (if you are liked)

ConsManagment will not allow you to advance if they dont like you. If you go against the grain you will get fired, and if you speak up about somthing that i'snt right or defend yourself in an unfair situation you will never win. They do not stick to there gpolicy guidelines. Managment cover up a lot of unfair situations. Managment do not listen to the employees until somthing bad happens and then try to point the finger at the employees as if they were never aware.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat everyone fairly. Give those that have the skill and training better opportunities instead of the ones that just kiss but.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Short and unpleasant...

Advisory Services (Current Employee)
    Orlando, FL

ProsFor someone with vast experience in his/her area of expertise, it was fertile ground for bringing one's talents, experience and expertise to bear.

ConsUnfortunately management was not interested in any of that. Working for PUP was a popularity contest and if you didn't work hard to 'win' that contest your were OUT. What a way to run a company.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone. They already know everything....except how to stay in business.

company a big let down

Orlando, FL

Proswork from home, laid back, free soft drinks

Consno 401k match, benefits, pay, company closed

Advice to Senior Managementnone

PUP got what it deserved.

Team Member (Former Employee)
    Orlando, FL

ProsA good example of what goes around comes around. In the end the greedy self centered and clique-based-centric mentality of the people running it got exactly what they deserved.

ConsThat it didn't end sooner. Too often companies like this with the type of favoritism displayed go on far too long then they should.

Advice to Senior ManagementHa ha.

Horrible, unethical executive team

Orlando, FL

ProsThere are no pros. The company was run by extremely dishonest people who didn't care about the members or their employees.

ConsEverything. The company was run by extremely dishonest people who didn't care about the members or their employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementFollow your own advice and have: integrity, ethics, compassion, respect. Show some real leadership and own up to what you did.

Not what you think....poor Upper Management

Operations (Former Employee)
    Orlando, FL

ProsGreat plan for Medicare members.

ConsHorrible place to work. I was there over 6 years and loved it at the beginning, but it got worse as the years past. The CEO is a joke. He cries in meetings and tried to act like he cares about his employees, but it is all a show. If you don't "drink the Kool-Aid" of the CEO, then you are out. It doesn't matter how well you know your job or how great your department stats are...drink the Kool-Aid or you are out. Period

Advice to Senior ManagementPractice what you preach.

Cheap

Cs Representative (Current Employee)
    Orlando, FL

ProsIt's a job and an income

ConsManagement / CEO seems to only promotes within their race and keep them in those positions whether they continuously screw up or not. No deserved pay increases given. You work your az off and get a few pennies for a raise.

Advice to Senior ManagementSame as above.

Great company. Great people.

Coordinator In Operations (Former Employee)
    Orlando, FL

ProsGreat people and management cares about you as a person. Great facility and technology is awesome. Great family picnics. Gym & cafeteria onsite. Free drinks.

ConsLow compensation and strict monitoring of daily productivity. Too much gossip within departments. Not enough training to develop additional skills.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain people to learn new skills.

Worked for Physicians United Plan? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Physicians United Plan reviews and ratings in Orlando, FL — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Physicians United Plan CEO Imtiaz Sattaur. All 17 reviews posted anonymously by Physicians United Plan employees.