Physio-Control

28 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

It's medical...everything is slow

Intern (Former Employee)
    Redmond, WA

ProsPeople seemed fired up to work there. I enjoyed having the assembly line in the bottom floor; it was neat stuff was made on site.

ConsHow many different ways can you talk about heart defibrillators? It got kind of boring after a while.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey seemed to have good folks in charge. As an intern i asked to meet with senior executives, and they took the time to have lunch with me which was nice.

Extremely under-staffed

Redmond, WA

ProsCompany has good benefits and a nice campus.

ConsAn atmosphere of intimidation permeates all divisions. Being extremely under-staffed, long hours are a requirement. Use them up, burn them out, and spit them out is the way of life. I've worked at Physio-Control for 10 years and have seen many good employees beat down and broken. This will ultimately be the downfall of a company with great products.

Advice to Senior ManagementWake up and staff properly.

Great Outlook for this Medical Technology Company.

(Current Employee)
    Redmond, WA

ProsGreat HR department and work life balance. The company has a cafeteria, a gym, and many other amenities. Company is going through some additional growing pains, so as long as they continue to hire quality, team members with good positive attitude, they should be fine ( a few rotten apples can ruin the whole tree).

ConsTypical things associated with a company thats growing and making positive changes. But positive outlook outweighs the temporary growing pains.

Advice to Senior Management-Continue to hire only quality, positive, educated personel through university intermship programs & other quality channel specific means (avoiding channels such as Monster.com and Careerbuilder.com types). Continue to strengthen compliance/reputation through training of team members and a strong LEGAL department thats proactive.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great product, horrible management

Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee)
    Redmond, WA

ProsGreat life-saving products, good benefits, part-time opportunities sometimes available for good work-life balance, good people.

ConsUpper management is insincere and does not want to hear reality, looking out for themselves and not running a professional, progressive, quality-driven business. Staffed very lean with constantly changing priorities, making it difficult to successfully see projects through to completion. Lack of accountability, don't develop their best people, don't promote or hire managers based on people-skills and ability to manage and inspire others, but rather on ability to give and receive marching orders.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in the people more than in building the management levels.

Mission and Products Make You Proud of the Company You Work For

Systems Engineer (Current Employee)
    Redmond, WA

ProsHelping to make life-saving products is very rewarding in and of itself. The company itself has good benefits and there are departments in the company that are great to work for.

ConsSame challenges as most companies. Lack of communication between the departments, lack of clear overall product direction and synergy.

Advice to Senior ManagementProduct direction should have similarities between the different lines that needs to be directed from the top down.

BEWARE OF QUALITY ENGINEERING DEPARTEMENT (it is a death bed for engineers)

Supplier Quality Engineer (Former Employee)
    Redmond, WA

ProsNo Pros at all. Worst management ever.

Consit is a death bed for engineers.

Cheating, Lying and not keeping their promises is a pride for the managers. I worked there for 6 years and was cheated by my manager several time. The manager I worked for was promoted to a VP and he then left the company. I got to ask the question to the President, how do you feel - Used ?

Advice to Senior ManagementBe reasonable to your employees. Stop cheating.

Good and Bad Senior Management

Redmond, WA

ProsCompany makes great products, but only recently. Campus is nice and they server beer in cafeteria.

ConsManagement is mixed. Engineering strong, QA strong, Sales and Customer Support strong. Financial and CEO are sarcastic and throwback to 1970s style. Been here 4+ years and fed up with it.

Advice to Senior ManagementCEO and CFO. Practice what you preach about leadership and respect. Sarcasm and humilation are not characteristics of leadership. Some of the comments you maker in public are embarrassing.

I've been an engineer at Physio Control for several years, unfortunately the environment has gotten worse

Engineer (Current Employee)
    Redmond, WA

ProsWe make high quality, market-leading life-saving medical devices. Saving lives is always a good business to be in. I'm proud of the products we make.

Consway too top-heavy executive management. huge disconnect between the "business end" esp marketing/finance (the people who get in the way) and the product development and operations side of things (the people who actually do things). literally, the two groups are separated into two different buildings, it's like two different worlds. It's gotten steadily worse since we were bought by Bain Financial and emphasis has been shifted to bottom line financials.

Advice to Senior ManagementFinance and IT is an unmitigated disaster. Oh wait, Finance runs IT. yeah, Finance is a disaster, starting and ending at the VP. I would give this company a LOT lower ratings, but I believe in the products we make. Being bought by Bain, and having our benefits cut, then being told how awesome our new benefits are, that was a real sh1t sandwich.

Great mission. Good people. Poor leadership.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Redmond, WA

ProsNice campus. Good benefits. If you are lucky enough to have one of the few good managers, you will have a great experience at Physio.

ConsToo many executives - way too many. Too few leaders. Physio's support functions - Finance, HR, IT - have imploded due to poor staffing and leadership. You can't depend on any of those departments to provide services. Extremely high turnover in Finance and HR.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart leading. Fix internal problems and stabilize the company.

Leadership, Management and Work Life Balance

Engineering Manager (Former Employee)
    Redmond, WA

ProsBenefits are good but little else. Centrally located on a nice campus.

ConsExecutive Leadership, Fairness, Lack of Resources, HR, IT support. Staffing levels are low causing overwork by some and therefore work life balance is off. While some resources work 60+ hours per week, other resources work less than 30 and do not get called out for it. Overall work ethic and management oversight lacking. Not a well managed environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementClearly need some new leadership. Turn over is horrific. Especially in CFO's area. Lack of employee support and horrible management to deal with HR issues fairly and proactively. Needs a new HR leader that is with the times. IT Systems support to Engineering and Production is terrible and out of date

Worked for Physio-Control? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Physio-Control reviews and ratings in Redmond, WA — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Physio-Control CEO Brian Webster. All 28 reviews posted anonymously by Physio-Control employees.