Physiotherapy Associates

Updated November 23, 2014
Updated November 23, 2014
2.6

Hank Balavender, PT

Pros
  • Great group of people to work with in my area (in 4 reviews)

• My co-workers at the clinic level are great people (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Despite the fact that they will tell you that patient care is primary, all they care about are the numbers (in 9 reviews)

• The Senior Management in this Company is the worst I have ever seen--less competent and more bureaucratic than the Federal Government (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

Individual Contributor at the Corporate Service Center

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Exton, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Exton, PA

I have been working at Physiotherapy Associates full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I love my job at Physio. HR is working on a compensation program across the the company. Benefits are good and the senior leadership is doing a lot to increase morale. I'm excited to be part of something good.

Cons

None to date. Senior leadership is listening and it shows. I would recommend coming to work at Physio.

PTA

Current Employee - PTA in Tacoma, WA
    Current Employee - PTA in Tacoma, WA

I have been working at Physiotherapy Associates full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Coworkers helpful and knowledgeable and very congenial

Cons

Poor salaries for any position below a therpist. PSM's are over burden with duty and responsibilities but not valued. Techs as well.

change the pay and benefit structure to encourage staying power. Value ideas and give recognition. Too many chiefs! overburdening the least paid is not going to work. Look at the negative posts in this site alone.

Rehabilitation Technician

Former Employee - Rehab Tech in Newnan, GA
    Former Employee - Rehab Tech in Newnan, GA

I worked at Physiotherapy Associates full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The benefits were okay but not great.

Cons

Not enough opportunities for advancement.

Take more time out with employees.

Give us something to stay for..

Current Employee - Patient Services Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Patient Services Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Physiotherapy Associates part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I work with some wonderful therapists. Talented, outgoing, friendly, successful and results driven.

Cons

Horrible pay. Billing practices are a mess. Why are patients getting $100-400 refunds a year after their discharge? Why does Physio have a "billing department" that doesn't actually do any... billing? The work load for PSMs is atrocious. A million different emails a day about a million different new tasks and MUST KNOW protocol. Training was a couple days of phone conferences with no real support in the office. Part time employees aren't really looked out for with regard to benefits, hours or opportunities to increase the hours, but, hey, we'll sure hire new FT and PT employees.

Have someone who specializes in billing in each office. One PSM, one biller. Pay your PSMs what they're worth. They're running each and every clinic. $12-$15 is an insult. It really is.

Horrible...

Former Employee - Employment Length TOO LONG
    Former Employee - Employment Length TOO LONG

I worked at Physiotherapy Associates

Pros

Really not applicable to this Company. There are none...

Cons

Salary, leadership (if you could even call them "leadership") response or interaction, job training, work environment. I can't even express how terrible this company is/works. If you attempt to bring up legitimate issues you are ignored. No one listens to the real static issues. Why? Because they do not care. They are paid and you are their minions. Major salaries issues......

Pay attention; hire more than "yes men"... Listen to the people who make the business run without proper training. Spend money to be successful. Management is disgusting....

Wonderful place to work and learn as a student

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Physiotherapy Associates

Pros

Friendly staff, great and easy documentation program

Cons

no cons to think of

PSM

Current Employee - Patient Services Manager in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Patient Services Manager in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Physiotherapy Associates full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great coworkers and training. Very organized

Cons

Some micromanaging but mostly a great company

Provide more direction for upward mobility

Great work environment!

Former Employee - Patient Services Coordinator in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Patient Services Coordinator in Richmond, VA

I worked at Physiotherapy Associates part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The office environment was relaxed and welcoming. There were almost immediately opportunities to learn skills beyond the job description. Good career growth opportunity.

Cons

As with many jobs in this field the salaries leave a lot to be desired and the benefits could definitely use some improvement.

Wonderful Company & opportunity for growth

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Physiotherapy Associates

Pros

Wonderful people! Teamwork is outstanding and the opportunity for growth is there for full time employees. Work is so pleasant and the office environment, (except Mesa Office), is such a positive environment!

Cons

No job security if less than full time employee. Salary not so great unless you are full time and management. Who can live on $10/hour unless you are a kid.

!) Better Salary 2) Do not share your employees with other offices unless that office agrees NOT to dump all the closing duties on the floater and walk away, going home for the night!

Very frustrating

I worked at Physiotherapy Associates full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I loved the people that I worked with. They are all very talented and are also good people. The benefits packages are also pretty good.

Cons

Having 3 CEO's in the last 3 years is not good. The company is bankrupt due to mismanagement. Management continues to give employees more and more work without an increase in compensation. Despite the fact that they will tell you that patient care is primary, all they care about are the numbers. They will "recommend" staying late or opening on weekends to meet goals. This is even worse during bad weather, where you have to get patients seen, but the corporate office will just get a day off.

Hire marketing people to do marketing so therapists do not. Make it so front desk staff do not feel like they have a million responsibilities.

Physiotherapy Associates Photos