Physiotherapy Associates

Updated September 4, 2014
Updated September 4, 2014
2.8

Hank Balavender, PT

Pros
  • Great group of people to work with in my area (in 4 reviews)

• They truly hold integrity and patient care at a premium (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Despite the fact that they will tell you that patient care is primary, all they care about are the numbers (in 9 reviews)

• The Senior Management in this Company is the worst I have ever seen--less competent and more bureaucratic than the Federal Government (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

Give us something to stay for..

Current Employee - Patient Services Manager  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Patient Services Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Physiotherapy Associates part-time for less than a year

Pros

I work with some wonderful therapists. Talented, outgoing, friendly, successful and results driven.

Cons

Horrible pay. Billing practices are a mess. Why are patients getting $100-400 refunds a year after their discharge? Why does Physio have a "billing department" that doesn't actually do any... billing? The work load for PSMs is atrocious. A million different emails a day about a million different new tasks and MUST KNOW protocol. Training was a couple days of phone conferences with no real support in the office. Part time employees aren't really looked out for with regard to benefits, hours or opportunities to increase the hours, but, hey, we'll sure hire new FT and PT employees.

Have someone who specializes in billing in each office. One PSM, one biller. Pay your PSMs what they're worth. They're running each and every clinic. $12-$15 is an insult. It really is.

Wonderful place to work and learn as a student

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Physiotherapy Associates

Pros

Friendly staff, great and easy documentation program

Cons

no cons to think of

PSM

Current Employee - Patient Services Manager  in  Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Patient Services Manager in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Physiotherapy Associates full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great coworkers and training. Very organized

Cons

Some micromanaging but mostly a great company

Provide more direction for upward mobility

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great work environment!

Former Employee - Patient Services Coordinator  in  Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Patient Services Coordinator in Richmond, VA

I worked at Physiotherapy Associates part-time for more than a year

Pros

The office environment was relaxed and welcoming. There were almost immediately opportunities to learn skills beyond the job description. Good career growth opportunity.

Cons

As with many jobs in this field the salaries leave a lot to be desired and the benefits could definitely use some improvement.

Wonderful Company & opportunity for growth

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Physiotherapy Associates

Pros

Wonderful people! Teamwork is outstanding and the opportunity for growth is there for full time employees. Work is so pleasant and the office environment, (except Mesa Office), is such a positive environment!

Cons

No job security if less than full time employee. Salary not so great unless you are full time and management. Who can live on $10/hour unless you are a kid.

!) Better Salary 2) Do not share your employees with other offices unless that office agrees NOT to dump all the closing duties on the floater and walk away, going home for the night!

Very frustrating

I worked at Physiotherapy Associates full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I loved the people that I worked with. They are all very talented and are also good people. The benefits packages are also pretty good.

Cons

Having 3 CEO's in the last 3 years is not good. The company is bankrupt due to mismanagement. Management continues to give employees more and more work without an increase in compensation. Despite the fact that they will tell you that patient care is primary, all they care about are the numbers. They will "recommend" staying late or opening on weekends to meet goals. This is even worse during bad weather, where you have to get patients seen, but the corporate office will just get a day off.

Hire marketing people to do marketing so therapists do not. Make it so front desk staff do not feel like they have a million responsibilities.

Known to suck your blood.

Current Employee - Physical Therapist Manager  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Physical Therapist Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Physiotherapy Associates full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

So called independence to set up your work schedule.

Cons

Less than average pay, unrealistic expectations with growth(how can you have > than 2 % growth every year for 2 clinician clinic?), you have to fight for any kind of recognition, the bottom line is numbers

Ha ha ha. Yeah right

Patient Services Manager

Current Employee - Patient Services Manager  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Patient Services Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Physiotherapy Associates full-time for more than a year

Pros

Clinic Culture is very friendly. Most everyone I've meet that work at any of the Physiotherapy Clinics are really nice and professional. Medical benefits are pretty good and they provide a 401K plan. The position is challenging, clinic is very busy- the day goes by fast. The company is very patient focused and doing whatever we can to get the patient in for their appointments.

Cons

The hours are tough. Clinic hours are long to provide better appointment times for the patients. PSM may be scheduled Mon/Wed/Fri- 6am to 2/2:30pm and Tues/Thur- 10am to 7:30pm. makes it hard to finish late and the next day you're returning at 6am. Hard, if not impossible to take a 15 minute break or leave for a 1/2 hr lunch.
    Clinic is open most federal holidays and the day after Thanksgiving, making it dificult regarding child care for school days off. The compensation is not good- if you go into the position thinking- you will not given a raise based on an excellant reveiw, low cancellation rate, above average over the counter collections, good customer service, etc.- you will bwe disappointed. Maybe $0.15 to $0.20 increase per hour. Disappointing... Alot is asked of this position- experience, knowledge, etc for $10.00 to $15.00 per hour. And everyone (that qualifies) gets their increase at the same time. If your review was months back from the date the increase comes in the paycheck- the company does not retro your increase back to your review date.

Work balance- wish the organize would put the same effort into looking after the employees as we do bending over backwards for the patients. The company has all the employee recognition set up but the managing directors don't use them often. The culture seems to be-if you're doing above & beyone- it's expected...Training needs to be improved- it is often trail by fire.

Very fun and upbeat place to work.

I worked at Physiotherapy Associates full-time

Pros

Plenty to do all the time. Great place to work overall. The staff is smart and easy to get a long with. You want to work here and stay working here, if it wasn't for the salary.

Cons

The salary is pitful and not much room for growth. Otherwise this place is golden. A good place to start working and then move onto better places.

Pay people what they are worth and for the job they are doing and you will have a great company. This is the real thing that is missing from this company. I guess it is always something!

Good company to work for

I have been working at Physiotherapy Associates full-time for less than a year

Pros

early autonomy, outpatient ortho, Good staff

Cons

On boarding could be better

Worked for Physiotherapy Associates? Contribute to the Community!