Physiotherapy Associates

Updated November 23, 2014
Updated November 23, 2014
2.6

Hank Balavender, PT

Pros
  • Great group of people to work with in my area (in 4 reviews)

• My co-workers at the clinic level are great people (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Despite the fact that they will tell you that patient care is primary, all they care about are the numbers (in 9 reviews)

• The Senior Management in this Company is the worst I have ever seen--less competent and more bureaucratic than the Federal Government (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

Known to suck your blood.

Current Employee - Physical Therapist Manager in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Physical Therapist Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Physiotherapy Associates full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

So called independence to set up your work schedule.

Cons

Less than average pay, unrealistic expectations with growth(how can you have > than 2 % growth every year for 2 clinician clinic?), you have to fight for any kind of recognition, the bottom line is numbers

Ha ha ha. Yeah right

Patient Services Manager

Current Employee - Patient Services Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Patient Services Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Physiotherapy Associates full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Clinic Culture is very friendly. Most everyone I've meet that work at any of the Physiotherapy Clinics are really nice and professional. Medical benefits are pretty good and they provide a 401K plan. The position is challenging, clinic is very busy- the day goes by fast. The company is very patient focused and doing whatever we can to get the patient in for their appointments.

Cons

The hours are tough. Clinic hours are long to provide better appointment times for the patients. PSM may be scheduled Mon/Wed/Fri- 6am to 2/2:30pm and Tues/Thur- 10am to 7:30pm. makes it hard to finish late and the next day you're returning at 6am. Hard, if not impossible to take a 15 minute break or leave for a 1/2 hr lunch.
    Clinic is open most federal holidays and the day after Thanksgiving, making it dificult regarding child care for school days off. The compensation is not good- if you go into the position thinking- you will not given a raise based on an excellant reveiw, low cancellation rate, above average over the counter collections, good customer service, etc.- you will bwe disappointed. Maybe $0.15 to $0.20 increase per hour. Disappointing... Alot is asked of this position- experience, knowledge, etc for $10.00 to $15.00 per hour. And everyone (that qualifies) gets their increase at the same time. If your review was months back from the date the increase comes in the paycheck- the company does not retro your increase back to your review date.

Work balance- wish the organize would put the same effort into looking after the employees as we do bending over backwards for the patients. The company has all the employee recognition set up but the managing directors don't use them often. The culture seems to be-if you're doing above & beyone- it's expected...Training needs to be improved- it is often trail by fire.

Very fun and upbeat place to work.

I worked at Physiotherapy Associates full-time

Pros

Plenty to do all the time. Great place to work overall. The staff is smart and easy to get a long with. You want to work here and stay working here, if it wasn't for the salary.

Cons

The salary is pitful and not much room for growth. Otherwise this place is golden. A good place to start working and then move onto better places.

Pay people what they are worth and for the job they are doing and you will have a great company. This is the real thing that is missing from this company. I guess it is always something!

Good company to work for

I have been working at Physiotherapy Associates full-time (less than a year)

Pros

early autonomy, outpatient ortho, Good staff

Cons

On boarding could be better

Overall a good learning experience in the field of Physical Therapy.

Former Employee - Physical Therapy Aide in Germantown, MD
    Former Employee - Physical Therapy Aide in Germantown, MD

I worked at Physiotherapy Associates part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Large company with room for advancement, friendly and knowledgeable staff, many clinic locations nationwide, consistent quality of patient treatment and recovery.

Cons

Weak hourly pay, rough clinic hours (perhaps can't be helped), plenty of needless pressure from upper management at various levels.

Give your clinic directors more reasonable patient quotas - at multiple clinics they all seemed highly overworked.

Great experience

I worked at Physiotherapy Associates

Pros

Good work/family environment
    Understanding management for working parents
    Great coworkers

Cons

None that come to mind

Liked my job at Physiotherapy

Former Employee - Patient Service Manager in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Patient Service Manager in Memphis, TN

I worked at Physiotherapy Associates full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I Loved working the patients

Cons

Management did not listen to employees enough

Listen to employees sugesstions more

Company seems to be on the upswing

Current Employee - Physical Therapist in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Physical Therapist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Physiotherapy Associates full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great group of people to work with in my area. New management structure has led to less bureaucracy. Even with declaring the BK, Sr. management agreed to pay all venders; we we are getting $$ towards holiday parties and even still got the merit increase (small, but better than nothing). I've been with this company for nearly 10 years and stuck through some pretty questionable leadership but I have to say that now is the most confident I've been in a long time.

Cons

If you don't have an entrepreneurial spirit, i.e. take ownership of your clinic, then it probably is not the place for you. I've had many opportunities along the way. I've always been rewarded for my successes (and allowed to do so ethically) but you're never going to please everyone, so keeping the unhappy people around longer just makes everyone else miserable. Even though it's much better than we were a year ago, it's still a big company so change often takes longer than I would like. Also, it's hard to accept changes/directives that I don't feel are right in my particular clinic vs. the company as a whole.

Update this web site to show that we are no longer led by Andrew Devoe- that's a plus. Continue to listen to the field and consider our input when making changes. Continue to consider that each region is unique.

I have been working at Physiotherapy Associates

Pros

Great clinicians and managers at the local market level. An esteemed medical director. The local market has strong team environment.

Cons

Poor decision-making ability by senior management with a very reactive mindset. With the talent pool at the clinical level, the growth projected for PT services, and the reputation of the medical director, this company should be thriving, not filing Chapter 11.

Strength is in top medical director and local market managers and clinicians. Upper management should stop making abrupt decisions that significantly hinder local market success.

Great company with great benefits

Former Employee - Clinical Director in Silver Spring, MD
    Former Employee - Clinical Director in Silver Spring, MD

I worked at Physiotherapy Associates full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Opportunity for growth, great continuing ed benefits, team approach

Cons

Corporate type of job structure so HR not just across the hall

Maximize communication