Physiotherapy Associates

Updated October 16, 2014
Updated October 16, 2014
2.5

Hank Balavender, PT

Pros
  • Great group of people to work with in my area (in 4 reviews)

• My co-workers at the clinic level are great people (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Despite the fact that they will tell you that patient care is primary, all they care about are the numbers (in 9 reviews)

• The Senior Management in this Company is the worst I have ever seen--less competent and more bureaucratic than the Federal Government (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

Very fun and upbeat place to work.

I worked at Physiotherapy Associates full-time

Pros

Plenty to do all the time. Great place to work overall. The staff is smart and easy to get a long with. You want to work here and stay working here, if it wasn't for the salary.

Cons

The salary is pitful and not much room for growth. Otherwise this place is golden. A good place to start working and then move onto better places.

Pay people what they are worth and for the job they are doing and you will have a great company. This is the real thing that is missing from this company. I guess it is always something!

Good company to work for

I have been working at Physiotherapy Associates full-time (less than an year)

Pros

early autonomy, outpatient ortho, Good staff

Cons

On boarding could be better

Overall a good learning experience in the field of Physical Therapy.

Former Employee - Physical Therapy Aide in Germantown, MD
    Former Employee - Physical Therapy Aide in Germantown, MD

I worked at Physiotherapy Associates part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Large company with room for advancement, friendly and knowledgeable staff, many clinic locations nationwide, consistent quality of patient treatment and recovery.

Cons

Weak hourly pay, rough clinic hours (perhaps can't be helped), plenty of needless pressure from upper management at various levels.

Give your clinic directors more reasonable patient quotas - at multiple clinics they all seemed highly overworked.

Liked my job at Physiotherapy

Former Employee - Patient Service Manager in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Patient Service Manager in Memphis, TN

I worked at Physiotherapy Associates full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I Loved working the patients

Cons

Management did not listen to employees enough

Listen to employees sugesstions more

Great experience

I worked at Physiotherapy Associates

Pros

Good work/family environment
    Understanding management for working parents
    Great coworkers

Cons

None that come to mind

I have been working at Physiotherapy Associates

Pros

Great clinicians and managers at the local market level. An esteemed medical director. The local market has strong team environment.

Cons

Poor decision-making ability by senior management with a very reactive mindset. With the talent pool at the clinical level, the growth projected for PT services, and the reputation of the medical director, this company should be thriving, not filing Chapter 11.

Strength is in top medical director and local market managers and clinicians. Upper management should stop making abrupt decisions that significantly hinder local market success.

Company seems to be on the upswing

Current Employee - Physical Therapist in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Physical Therapist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Physiotherapy Associates full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great group of people to work with in my area. New management structure has led to less bureaucracy. Even with declaring the BK, Sr. management agreed to pay all venders; we we are getting $$ towards holiday parties and even still got the merit increase (small, but better than nothing). I've been with this company for nearly 10 years and stuck through some pretty questionable leadership but I have to say that now is the most confident I've been in a long time.

Cons

If you don't have an entrepreneurial spirit, i.e. take ownership of your clinic, then it probably is not the place for you. I've had many opportunities along the way. I've always been rewarded for my successes (and allowed to do so ethically) but you're never going to please everyone, so keeping the unhappy people around longer just makes everyone else miserable. Even though it's much better than we were a year ago, it's still a big company so change often takes longer than I would like. Also, it's hard to accept changes/directives that I don't feel are right in my particular clinic vs. the company as a whole.

Update this web site to show that we are no longer led by Andrew Devoe- that's a plus. Continue to listen to the field and consider our input when making changes. Continue to consider that each region is unique.

Great company with great benefits

Former Employee - Clinical Director in Silver Spring, MD
    Former Employee - Clinical Director in Silver Spring, MD

I worked at Physiotherapy Associates full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Opportunity for growth, great continuing ed benefits, team approach

Cons

Corporate type of job structure so HR not just across the hall

Maximize communication

Just Declared Bankruptcy What Does That Tell You

Current Employee - Physical Therapist in Wausau, WI
    Current Employee - Physical Therapist in Wausau, WI

I have been working at Physiotherapy Associates full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

At Least You Have a Job

Cons

Well as of October 2013 they declared bankruptcy after the newest owner all venture capitalists , many in the last 7 years, paid to much and gave the company back to the bank. The management is self serving and top heavy and cuts marketing, IT, and places a great deal of burden on employees to "hit yur numbers" which is all they care about.

There is little if no marketing help while providing numerous roadblocks including needless paperwork for client files drummed up by moneymakers not clinicians.

There is no synergy in this company, no Christmas parties, no appreciation for its employees besides the monthly newsletter to tell you who made the most money for the company this month. A very lonely hard place to work if you value patient care and building a business that prides itself on relationships not dollar signs. I find very few people are happy or feel appreciated but that is of little care to management as they fine tune non compete agreements to lock you down to lower your salary or fire you. The short staffing creates poor service and many expectations are placed on employees including giving up vacations to simply hit your numbers as they mismanage the whole operations

Look at the 10 top companies for employee satisfaction and start there. Sell to a health care company.( not stock traders looking to buy low sell high off the backs of good people who get nothing in return.)

Unorganized marketing structure

Former Employee - Marketing in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Marketing in Columbus, OH

I worked at Physiotherapy Associates full-time (more than an year)

Pros

No immediate pressure but no goal

Cons

Structure & management with direction and goals

Get a program in place