Picerne Military Housing

Picerne Military Housing Reviews

Updated Dec 3, 2013

Be The First To
Add Photos

Can officially say worst company ever

Resident Service Specialist (Current Employee)
Fort Bragg, NC

I have been working at Picerne Military Housing full-time for more than 3 years

Prosknowing you are helping military families is a really cool feeling

ConsI will try to keep this short and please trust me that is a very hard thing to do. I have never worked for a company that micromanages like this place. It is just the most absurd work environment I have ever seen. Management there is non existent because there are porters that are better leaders than the managers and the assistant managers are the biggest waste of space in the company. I have not worked with one asst manager that deserves to be promoted. Higher up management actually has spies (usually the spineless asst.managers) to befriend the employees to find out what they are saying about the company so that they can be reprimanded. I have seen some of the best and brightest employees forced out because of all the highschool drama that goes on at this place. Upper management will have "investigations" of employees that last months and you feel like you cant use the restroom without an asst. manager writing it down in her "employee log". I have seen upper management promise that they arent looking to fire someone and that they just want to help them and then a day later they are canned. Loyalty and passion for your job mean nothing to this company. Do yourself a HUGE favor and stay away at all costs.

Advice to Senior ManagementAnalyze your company and figure out how to boost morale. Hire management that actually has leadership skills Treat your employees with respect because without them the company would never succeed

If you enjoy backstabbing, a high school atmosphere and drama, apply here!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Picerne Military Housing full-time for more than 8 years

ProsMilitary family friendly, having many activities for the troops and their families

ConsWhere to begin? Upper management tries to micromanage employees and do not allow Neighborhood Managers to run office effectively with what works for them. A lot of things at Picerne are covered up having to do with employee firings, building new construction in known trouble areas, and moving up soldiers on the wait list above others only because they complain.

Advice to Senior ManagementMorale with employees continues to dwindle because we constantly have to watch our backs and worry about what we say and what actions we take. I have seen people forced into quitting because of backstabbing by others, persons being forced into positions they never wanted and people who have been reprimanded because superiors knowingly and willingly withheld information necessary to do their job.

If you like working for a company that enjoys driving the bus over people, this is the place for you.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Picerne Military Housing

ProsThey do offer in service training that is very good. 401k matching is good. Benefits are good.

ConsLots of back stabbing by middle management, HR support is non existent or biases. If you try to transfer, your requests are denied. The management enjoys making the sub contractor base fail. Turnover is high, those that stay, do so because they need the job.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management needs to know more about what is happening in the field. Pay more attention to the construction side of the business, yes property management is important, but without the construction side of the house you would not have a product to manage. The company offers a good service to our soldiers but certain bases are a world onto themselves and not in step with the rest of the company.

It was a good job but I dont feel complete having worked there.

Resident Service Specialist (Former Employee)
Fort Bragg, NC

I worked at Picerne Military Housing

ProsThe company has a great attitude towards their goal and customers which is helping military families by improving their quality of life. Good events for residents involving carnivals, poool parties, dog events, etc. Even better events for employees, have frequent giveaways ranging from a gift certificate for their company logo shirt to a 50 inch tv.

ConsPicture high school all over again. I mean all the way to the upper management, there are cliques like you wouldnt believe. I know its common and expected at most job but this was ridiculous. If you are going to work there start kissing butt and commenting on how good your managers new shoes look.

Advice to Senior ManagementGrow and pair and get rid of the skanks. You have some really good people and would be soaring above all others if you got rid of the dead weight.

Great company, substandard local management

I have been working at Picerne Military Housing

ProsThey offer great benefits, and the PTO plan is good too. The pay is ok, but by no means great. You become very close with your co-workers and it's a great atmosphere to work in. They pretty much only promote from within, unless you have extensive experience.

ConsMicro-management and constant change makes daily tasks difficult. There is an SOP for everything, but everyone has their own way of doing it. They are trying to improve their life-work balance, but it's still not great. At the mid-management level they forget where they came from and treat employees like serfs. Senior management works off of the good ol' boy system and tenure, not on merit and performance (note, i'm not complaining that I did not get a promotion, this is an un bias observation).

Advice to Senior ManagementMicro-management is killing employee morale. Look at a candidate's performance instead of their network or tenure. Pay the lower level staff more, they are the working parts of the company.

Awesome Company

Vice President of Construction (Former Employee)
Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Picerne Military Housing full-time for more than 5 years

ProsTop notch Owners with integrity and vigor

ConsCareer advancement is a challenge

Advice to Senior ManagementPRomote within

Satisfied

I have been working at Picerne Military Housing full-time for more than 8 years

ProsOwned and Operated by an extremely driven and compassionate individual that cares about his employees
Expanding business and growth opportunities
Good benefits package
Able to make a difference in people's lives

ConsOther than Senior Management, not a lot of job growth potential for lower/mid level employees.
A lot of departments that don't communicate/work well with each other
Senior management works its own bubble; makes a lot of decisions on future of company without input from lower/mid level management

Advice to Senior ManagementReevaluate current managing practices
Open up lines of communication between departments
Top half of the company continues to get heavy while mid/lower levels continue to get lighter

Great cause and great company!

I have been working at Picerne Military Housing full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat mission and founder believes

ConsGrowth too quick causes communication issues

great company!

I have been working at Picerne Military Housing

Prosbenefits are great! The company has not increased the portion of health cost benefits for the last three years!

ConsMany of the locations are located in rural places.

Worked for Picerne Military Housing? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Picerne Military Housing reviews and ratings. All 9 reviews posted anonymously by Picerne Military Housing employees.