Pick n Pull Auto Dismantling

Good

Former Employee - CSA/Vpa  in  Modesto, CA
    Former Employee - CSA/Vpa in Modesto, CA

I worked at Pick n Pull Auto Dismantling part-time for more than a year

Pros

My coworkers(sometimes) free lunches. No late days. Good customers. Free dinners. Fun environment most days. Good pay for part time. Learned lots of new things.

Cons

To much to list. Bad assistant manager. Co workers not so great sometimes. Like highschool all over. To much gossiping and favortisam.

Stop being jerks

Lynnwood Pick n Pull is a sham of a company

Current Employee - CSA  in  Lynnwood, WA
    Current Employee - CSA in Lynnwood, WA

I have been working at Pick n Pull Auto Dismantling full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pays more than Walmart and that's pretty much the only pro in this company

Cons

It's a negative work place all around employees get treated with hardly any respect from upper management and behind closed doors they are continually talking about the employees making negative comments that have no real importance to their work ethic, employees are continually called lazy and unproductive when in reality the management can't give proper instruction or direction to let employees know what they need to get done or provide the proper tools to get the job required done, then complain that nothing gets done when in reality no expectations are communicated. There is little communication between management and staff because they have more important matters to attend to such as stealing company time on the clock using their computers to browse the Internet to search for an upgrade for their personal cell phones or buying themselves personal items for personal use. When during conference calls for management they won't open the door for us to ask questions or provide us with items we need to do our jobs properly. On the occasion upper management from regional or district managers are coming to visit the day before hand all employees are cleaning up messes and making it appear that we have been doing our jobs properly the whole time when in reality we are instructed to do things improperly to save time and meet our unrealistic goals. It seems upon looking at the previous reviews all locations are very similar and something obviously needs to change.

Communicate with us, provide us with what we need to get the job done and treat us like human beings. We can't read your mind and we won't know what to do without your guidance and instruction, which is what you're paid to do. Get off your computers and help us figure out what's effective and what's not. We shouldn't lose our jobs or have fear of losing our jobs because of your incompetence.

Great company, terrible management

Current Employee - Contact Center Representative  in  Rancho Cordova, CA
    Current Employee - Contact Center Representative in Rancho Cordova, CA

I have been working at Pick n Pull Auto Dismantling full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company offers medical, dental, and vision insurance, as well as 401k. I love the indoor setting, and the ability to work with a very diverse set of customers

Cons

The company has terrible management. I would really suggest that corporate takes a good look at the supervisors, and council them accordingly. I would consider hiring a current representative to train the new reps, as the trainers in the past have been very ignorant as to what our jobs entail, and processes and procedures of the contact center.

It is very hard to advance within the company, mainly because HR throws a fit whenever someone tries to advance.

Pay more attention to the people that you Manage, and council them accordingly. Sit with the current trainer and update him on the contact center policies and procedures, and DO NOT turn a blind eye to how he is training the new reps.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

unfortunate place to work

I have been working at Pick n Pull Auto Dismantling full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The ability to say you have a job

Cons

Poor leadership from Corporate, leaves employee's to fend for themselves, no work life balance. Very poor pay structure for non corporate employee's. Leadership is horrific. Working conditions are poor.

Store Manager

I have been working at Pick n Pull Auto Dismantling

Pros

Pay is fair. Store hours are great. The day goes by fast and everyday is a new experience. Teamwork and mutual respect make coming to work fun. There are plenty of challenges and opportunities to grow.

Cons

Recent changes are forcing a far stricter corporate structure which is forcing management to rely on HR, Project managers and EHS engineers for decisions that could be made by a competent store manager.

Don't lose focus on where we started. Continue to allow your managers to have voices and share ideas. Create smaller steps within regions for managers to grow.

Company going through some difficult changes..... Are they doomed

I worked at Pick n Pull Auto Dismantling full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pay is reasonable for the amount of responsibility. Some great people that work there. Most corp support staff are really good at helping you get stuff done. company does bonus but only saw that once.

Cons

You will work 11 to 12 hour days to get it all done. And you still won't get it all done.

Unrealistic expectations. Company is a safety and environmental nightmare with state inspectors and unsafe work conditions everywhere. Company is way top heavy with too many managers and not near enough labor hours to meet production and sales goals. The smart a valueable leadership always leave to work for parent company Schnitzer steel.

Says safety is the #1 priority but willing to work people in dangerous environment six days at 10 hrs a day to drive results. Company is struggling financially and it shows in every conversation with leadership. Unwilling to fix safety issues to drive bottomline #'s.

pay the workers in production right and you will decrease the massive turnover. Employees often leave after one week of employeement due to workload and little pay.

Management training is non existant. The training does not include any training on job duties or systems. Be prepared to learn or die on your own.

Try visiting your sites with constructive critique. Not the Pick and Punish like everyone is used to. Other companies have 10 times the amount of stores and get visits by VP or above more than once in 2 years

You will work every day, and they are half days... 12 hours is half a day.

Former Employee - Store Manager  in  Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Pick n Pull Auto Dismantling full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Pay check looks great. Freedom to make changes if it will make the store money. Bonuses are solid, lots of swag if your team stays injury free and hits goals.

Cons

Goals YOY are unrealistic. You will not likely bonus 2 years in a row. You will never see your boss unless it is to get complaints about performance. Goals can change daily and especially at the last minute when its too late to hit them. You will not get ahead from the bottom without being related to a RM or higher.

Stop beating up your top performers. Allow your money makers to keep making money for you instead of trying to ruin their credibility when they start making too much on their checks. How many great employees have to leave before you realize the problem is at the top, not in the stores. Stop promising promotions if you aren't going to give them.

Let's work the managers to death...

Current Employee - Store Manager  in  Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Sacramento, CA

Pros

Good benefits package and reasonably priced for the employees

Cons

The required Sunday -Thursday or Tuesday - Saturday schedule for the managers is not reasonable. The upper management will Not allow the managers to take days off to be with their family as needed, however the upper management only works Mon-Fri... The Requirement for store managers to work Every Holiday is not reasonable, especially when the upper management is at home with their family on the Holiday. The total lack of support from upper management is unbelievable. They do however enjoy enforcing the "Pick & Punish" method of management. The number of Store Managers that have left the company in the past 6 months should be a "wake up call" to the Stockholders that this company is falling fast.

Ask your store level employees why they feel that your Stock price is only 50% of the value that it was last year... they will likely all tell you the same thing, that there is NO Support for the stores. The work schedule encourages the Excellent employees to leave PnP and find a position that respects them as human beings and encourages them to spend time with their families.

Great Business, great teaching from company, and great perks. i.e. Travel

Former Employee - Site Manager  in  Panama City, FL
    Former Employee - Site Manager in Panama City, FL

I worked at Pick n Pull Auto Dismantling

Pros

It is fulfilling if you are committed. They take you to great locations for manager meetings and truly do care about all levels of employees.

Cons

Sometimes the accountability that should be held on mid level management is not handled properly.

Commit and follow the plan. It works.

Sometimes I don't know how this company managed to stay in business

Former Employee - Accounts Receivable Analyst  in  Rancho Cordova, CA
    Former Employee - Accounts Receivable Analyst in Rancho Cordova, CA

I worked at Pick n Pull Auto Dismantling

Pros

Pick N Pull Auto Dismantling seems to pay pretty well on scale for all of their employment opportunities. The corporate office is conveniently located.

Cons

The executivet team hired managers that did not appear have people skills nor management skills. The 401K match was cut. The benefits were so thinly padded that we always had extra bills even after routine appointments that were supposed to be covered in full. The atmosphere was grim, never fun. I saw good employees let go mere weeks before the announcement of a division sale; one could easily assume this was to avoid the expense of management severance packages. When numerous HR complaints were made about one particularly abusive manager, after a full investigation, he was able to keep his job while the rest of his team laid off. Their HR department is a joke.

Do a more thorough screening of the management team you hire. Go further than the word of someone they worked with before. Work harder to ensure that you allow your employees some freedoms and don't discourage them from taking time off to be with their families.

Pick n Pull Auto Dismantling Photos

Pick N Pull

+ Add Photo

Worked for Pick n Pull Auto Dismantling? Contribute to the Community!