Pick n Pull Auto Dismantling

Bob Spence

1. Good

Former Employee - CSA/Vpa in Modesto, CA
    Former Employee - CSA/Vpa in Modesto, CA

I worked at Pick n Pull Auto Dismantling part-time (More than a year)

Pros

My coworkers(sometimes) free lunches. No late days. Good customers. Free dinners. Fun environment most days. Good pay for part time. Learned lots of new things.

Cons

To much to list. Bad assistant manager. Co workers not so great sometimes. Like highschool all over. To much gossiping and favortisam.

Advice to Management

Stop being jerks

2. Production

Former Employee - Analyst in Oakland, CA
    Former Employee - Analyst in Oakland, CA

I worked at Pick n Pull Auto Dismantling

Pros

Some benefits nothing else. Water taste good. Break truck brings good good food. Bathrooms fluses and microwave gets cleaned every year

Cons

no holidays for pick n pull employees and All Schnitzer employees do get holidays

Unrealistic goals causes safety risk
    Management outta touch with production
    Pay is stuck in the 80's. People leaving all the time
    Feels like a dictatorship
    Again management has no clue
    Fake caring about employees it's all about money
    Third world country break rooms and bathrooms
    Favorite phrase is write them up!

Advice to Management

You figure it out. I'm out

Mixed reviews

I worked at Pick n Pull Auto Dismantling

Pros

Company has great, dedicated employees at the mid-management level (site management to regional directors) and field based support functions. Great benefits package (insurance coverage, low premiums), generous annual PTO balance, 401k match.

Cons

Company has great, dedicated employees at the mid-management level (site management to regional directors) but their input is often overlooked and not requested. Perception is that corporate salaries (non-revenue generating) rise disproportionately to the salaries of the front-line employees who drive revenue as well as adding corporate personnel which increases the overhead costs. Recent layoffs have shaken employees faith in the company and belies the core values.
    Salaries not competitive.

Advice to Management

Talk to your front-line managers more often and more respectfully. Improve company culture. Employees feel disposable.

Too much time invested with little in return

Current Employee - Private in Rancho Cordova, CA
    Current Employee - Private in Rancho Cordova, CA

I have been working at Pick n Pull Auto Dismantling full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

job security
    location
    security on site
    parking is decent
    supplies needed are ordered

Cons

no growth
    management issues
    HR relationship is not for employees
    Moral is low
    ethics is altered
    office without circulation just a box with windows that cannot open

Advice to Management

Treat hourly employees with the same respect as salary, you wont lose employees left and right

Lynnwood Pick n Pull is a sham of a company

Current Employee - CSA in Lynnwood, WA
    Current Employee - CSA in Lynnwood, WA

I have been working at Pick n Pull Auto Dismantling full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pays more than Walmart and that's pretty much the only pro in this company

Cons

It's a negative work place all around employees get treated with hardly any respect from upper management and behind closed doors they are continually talking about the employees making negative comments that have no real importance to their work ethic, employees are continually called lazy and unproductive when in reality the management can't give proper instruction or direction to let employees know what they need to get done or provide the proper tools to get the job required done, then complain that nothing gets done when in reality no expectations are communicated. There is little communication between management and staff because they have more important matters to attend to such as stealing company time on the clock using their computers to browse the Internet to search for an upgrade for their personal cell phones or buying themselves personal items for personal use. When during conference calls for management they won't open the door for us to ask questions or provide us with items we need to do our jobs properly. On the occasion upper management from regional or district managers are coming to visit the day before hand all employees are cleaning up messes and making it appear that we have been doing our jobs properly the whole time when in reality we are instructed to do things improperly to save time and meet our unrealistic goals. It seems upon looking at the previous reviews all locations are very similar and something obviously needs to change.

Advice to Management

Communicate with us, provide us with what we need to get the job done and treat us like human beings. We can't read your mind and we won't know what to do without your guidance and instruction, which is what you're paid to do. Get off your computers and help us figure out what's effective and what's not. We shouldn't lose our jobs or have fear of losing our jobs because of your incompetence.

Great company, terrible management

Current Employee - Contact Center Representative in Rancho Cordova, CA
    Current Employee - Contact Center Representative in Rancho Cordova, CA

I have been working at Pick n Pull Auto Dismantling full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company offers medical, dental, and vision insurance, as well as 401k. I love the indoor setting, and the ability to work with a very diverse set of customers

Cons

The company has terrible management. I would really suggest that corporate takes a good look at the supervisors, and council them accordingly. I would consider hiring a current representative to train the new reps, as the trainers in the past have been very ignorant as to what our jobs entail, and processes and procedures of the contact center.

It is very hard to advance within the company, mainly because HR throws a fit whenever someone tries to advance.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to the people that you Manage, and council them accordingly. Sit with the current trainer and update him on the contact center policies and procedures, and DO NOT turn a blind eye to how he is training the new reps.

unfortunate place to work

I have been working at Pick n Pull Auto Dismantling full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The ability to say you have a job

Cons

Poor leadership from Corporate, leaves employee's to fend for themselves, no work life balance. Very poor pay structure for non corporate employee's. Leadership is horrific. Working conditions are poor.

9. Store Manager

I have been working at Pick n Pull Auto Dismantling

Pros

Pay is fair. Store hours are great. The day goes by fast and everyday is a new experience. Teamwork and mutual respect make coming to work fun. There are plenty of challenges and opportunities to grow.

Cons

Recent changes are forcing a far stricter corporate structure which is forcing management to rely on HR, Project managers and EHS engineers for decisions that could be made by a competent store manager.

Advice to Management

Don't lose focus on where we started. Continue to allow your managers to have voices and share ideas. Create smaller steps within regions for managers to grow.

Company going through some difficult changes..... Are they doomed

I worked at Pick n Pull Auto Dismantling full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay is reasonable for the amount of responsibility. Some great people that work there. Most corp support staff are really good at helping you get stuff done. company does bonus but only saw that once.

Cons

You will work 11 to 12 hour days to get it all done. And you still won't get it all done.

Unrealistic expectations. Company is a safety and environmental nightmare with state inspectors and unsafe work conditions everywhere. Company is way top heavy with too many managers and not near enough labor hours to meet production and sales goals. The smart a valueable leadership always leave to work for parent company Schnitzer steel.

Says safety is the #1 priority but willing to work people in dangerous environment six days at 10 hrs a day to drive results. Company is struggling financially and it shows in every conversation with leadership. Unwilling to fix safety issues to drive bottomline #'s.

pay the workers in production right and you will decrease the massive turnover. Employees often leave after one week of employeement due to workload and little pay.

Management training is non existant. The training does not include any training on job duties or systems. Be prepared to learn or die on your own.

Advice to Management

Try visiting your sites with constructive critique. Not the Pick and Punish like everyone is used to. Other companies have 10 times the amount of stores and get visits by VP or above more than once in 2 years

11. You will work every day, and they are half days... 12 hours is half a day.

Former Employee - Store Manager in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Pick n Pull Auto Dismantling full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pay check looks great. Freedom to make changes if it will make the store money. Bonuses are solid, lots of swag if your team stays injury free and hits goals.

Cons

Goals YOY are unrealistic. You will not likely bonus 2 years in a row. You will never see your boss unless it is to get complaints about performance. Goals can change daily and especially at the last minute when its too late to hit them. You will not get ahead from the bottom without being related to a RM or higher.

Advice to Management

Stop beating up your top performers. Allow your money makers to keep making money for you instead of trying to ruin their credibility when they start making too much on their checks. How many great employees have to leave before you realize the problem is at the top, not in the stores. Stop promising promotions if you aren't going to give them.

RSS Feed </> Embed