Picture Me Portrait Studios

www.pictureme.com
Profile Unclaimed

Studio Manager

Current Employee - Studio Manager

I have been working at Picture Me Portrait Studios full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Love the customers and the photography

Cons

Stressful, high pressure situation, constant restructure of upper management, including mass firings of long time employees. Company is on the verge of bankruptcy...has gone to a "skeleton crew" in virtually every area. The company has NO CREDIT anywhere and literally quit printing portraits for 2-3 weeks after Christmas. Studio employees were NOT informed of this, and were put in the situation of having to make excuses that should NEVER have had to happen.

Become a PHOTOGRAPHY company again, and for god's sake quit giving away framed wall portraits! Quit giving anything away besides a single 8x10. Make the Mobile View & Share more affordable. Add it on for $5.00. Restructure our advertised offer - $9.99 per pose, 2-3 sheets.
    Assess what our major competitors are doing at Lifetouch.

Not the best place

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Photographer in Fayetteville, NC
    Former Employee - Sales Associate/Photographer in Fayetteville, NC

I worked at Picture Me Portrait Studios part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Working with kids, the (few) pleasant people, gaining experience, flexible schedule

Cons

money hungry company, slow, not much business, gets boring when no body comes in to take pictures, upset customers (almost constantly),

Keep your employees INFORMED so that we can make sure our CUSTOMERS are happy and satisfied and actually come back! Don't leave your employees in the dark. Also, hire managers who will actually pick up a phone call regarding customers!

Forgot about employee

Former Employee - Studio Associate
    Former Employee - Studio Associate

I worked at Picture Me Portrait Studios part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

When I first started working her in 2009, I have NO complaints. I LOVED my job and my co-workers. Everyone knew their responsibilities and of course we had a goal to meet in sales but it wasn't the main focus.. the pictures were.
    I moved away and came back to the same studio in 2011. The manager was very childish and left her responsibilities of the manager to us associates. Later she left and our district manager refused to hire a new manager for the studio for months. I went on maternity leave and came back and we finally had a manager but she had no clue what she was doing. Our open hours were cut so the manager only gave me one 4 hour shift a month!... the day before I was scheduled to work I stopped by the studio to double check I was supposed to work and there was strangers behind the counter not knowing who I was! I was told they would get in contact with me for went I would be scheduled to work again... went back in not long after and was told the studio was closing and that day was the last day it would be open.

Pros - fond memories from working there in 2009.
    the regular customers.
    working with kids
    being able to get creative

Cons

The company doesn't seem to care about the employees (again I was forgotten about even though I had worked there on and off for almost 4 years!).
    The pay.
    Management doesn't help... we needed a new trip cord for almost a year. We kept asking our district manager to help us but we never did get one (until a month before we closed)
    poor training (again in 2009 everything was great, my initial training was good but when I returned everything was just thrown at us and we were expected to know what to do with it)
    SAS

Do your job! Go the studios and see what is going on, you need to see things on our level. AND don't forget about your hourly employees!

Worst job I've ever had

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Picture Me Portrait Studios part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Gain experience with working with kids

Cons

Business is money hungry & doesn't care about the quality of photos.
    Doesn't use actual professional photography techniques.

Take more time in training your employees to get an actual good photo and maybe your sales will be better.
    Train managers to treat their studio workers with respect.

Picture Me Portrait studio CPI Corp.

Current Employee - Studio Manager

I have been working at Picture Me Portrait Studios full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

It is fun creating portrait memories for the customers.

Cons

The pay is very low , the expectations are high and the upper management tends to push hard and use treats. Don't be fooled, this is a SALES job but without the benefit of commission or incentives.
    This is a company that is well known for dangling the carrot and making promises they don't keep.

Learn how to use modern positive management techniques and use realizable pay incentives to
    motivate your employees. Reward performance with real monetary gains NOT the illusions of gains.

Pictureme DISGUSTED

Former Employee - Photographer in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Photographer in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Picture Me Portrait Studios part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

photography, working with children, building a client base, starter job

Cons

terrible management, terrible pay, bankrupt company

Learn how to MANAGE!

This place does not appreciate employees

Former Employee - Manager in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Former Employee - Manager in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I worked at Picture Me Portrait Studios full-time (more than a year)

Pros

-Creative
    -working with kids
    - Flexible hours
    - It is a good starter job, just don't plan to stick around, move on.

Cons

-working with kids (it is a pro and a con)
    - demanding customers
    -shitty pay

Treat your employees better, the job could be very cool!

Absolutely horrid. I wouldn't recommend this job to even my worst enemy.

Former Employee - Studio Associate in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Studio Associate in Dallas, TX

I worked at Picture Me Portrait Studios part-time (less than a year)

Pros

--Lot's of responsibility is given to you right away, and promotions are easy to come by. I was actually hired on as a studio associate who was being trained to become a studio manager, though I had no prior photography experience whatsoever.
    --This is a solitary position, so if you like working alone, this is the job for you. I worked in the Dallas-Fort Worth area stores, and the majority of the time, there was only one associate who worked alone in the studio all day.

Cons

--The company pays very little, yet expects you to be a professional photographer in a non-professional environment. They want non-experienced people because they realize that no professional photographer would do that kind of work for $8.00 an hour.

--The "top-down" marketing pitch is ridiculous. We would pull in a customer from Wal-Mart, shoot their session, make enhancements to their pictures, and instead of giving them the inexpensive promotional offer on which we brought them in, we would start talking about our packages--starting with the most expensive at $379. Really, this company must be crazy thinking that customers in this economy have $379 on hand to spend on portraits. Are you kidding me?

--They expect too much of you in very little time. When I was hired, I alerted my manger to the fact that I had NO experience whatsoever with photography--aside from taking pictures with my cell phone. Yet, after 40 hours spread over 5 days of training (24 hours of watching her and the remaining 16 on my own), I was expected to be a professional concerning lighting, posing, being efficient with the huge monster of a camera, and customer service. When I admitted that I was nervous working in the studio by myself after these 40 hours, my manager acted like I was an idiot.

--Fellow associates can be very unprofessional and unorganized, making your job more difficult. They do not file things properly and misplace shipments, preventing the studio from functioning effectively.. I was shocked by the way in which I was taught to get potential customers. The exact words from one of my trainers: "Don't try to talk to women if they are with their husbands because men don't like to spend a lot of money and they will just talk their women out of it. If you can, talk to Mexican or black people because they usually have a lot of kids and family members and can be a little too proud about it--but you have to be careful with Mexicans because they don't always speak English and will expect their kids to translate for them. Also, a lot of them don't have any money." Um...WHAT?

--The district manager expects you to control situations that are not in your hands. I worked in a low income area, and many of our customers skipped out on paying for their portraits but were hard to contact because their phones were disconnected or they had changed addresses. I was given ridiculously long phone lists of customers to call everyday to let them know their portraits were in and still had an oustanding balance. Some of the numbers were no longer in service, and those I did contact would give me a date of when they would be in but then skipped out. The DM would get angry because all of these folders of unpaid for portraits would be in our cabinet, but what can you do about it besides call the customers to let them know?

Really, I could go on all day, but I think I'll stop here. Crappy pay, crappy bosses, crappy conditions. This company is just crap overall. I don't recommend that anyone get a job here.

Picture Me Pissed

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Photographer in Flint, MI
    Current Employee - Sales Associate/Photographer in Flint, MI

I have been working at Picture Me Portrait Studios part-time (more than a year)

Pros

The pros of this job are that if you love photography, it's fun. Working with children is great too. Also, its a good opportunity to work independently.

Cons

The management is terrible, the district managers are rude and inconsiderate, and often the studio managers are disorganized and lazy, as well as treating their employees unfairly and being dishonest too boot, a universal with this company.

Senior management, your hourly employees and customer are what keeps your job secure and gives you a paycheck to begin with, think twice before you walk all over them and lie to their faces.

It was very unorganized and unfair

Former Employee - Studio Assistant in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Studio Assistant in Richmond, VA

I worked at Picture Me Portrait Studios part-time (less than a year)

Pros

working with the kids
    good products

Cons

unorganized
    unfair pay
    everybody trying to be in control

employees should be treated fairly.

Picture Me Portrait Studios Photos