Piedmont Airlines

Add Photos

Steve Farrow

Regional Airline

Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsA great leadership team and some of the most amazing mentors will help you to shape your career with this airline.

ConsMost airport positions require working shifts, holidays and weekends until you gain seniority. You are able to swap shifts with your co-workers once your probationary period is over.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to mentor and develop employees, providing a career path and not 'just a job'.

No were to go

Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsFlight benefits. Swaps are unlimited.

ConsLow pay scale. Very difficult to get a full raise. Management is constantly looking over your shoulder. Only descent job is running bags. If you work the ramp they treat you like a wild dog. Always getting swaps suspended cause I don't have a computer.

Advice to Senior ManagementLower swap percentages. Higher pay. More time to rest between pushes. Bring back the orange vests.

If you like working for 18 year old managers go for it

Ramp Agent (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsStandby Flight Benefits which is becoming less and less a benefit because the flights are almost all full, and health insurance that is fair. They no longer drug test you when your hired(doesn't affect me but others sure like it).

ConsWAGES, Hours, Working conditions, not letting you leave at the end of your shift due to operational need. Managers with no Airline experience straight out of High School trying to make you be in 2 or 3 places at once.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop wasting money on everything except the employees who keep the Airline functioning. The training department is in desperate need of an overhaul. Start drug testing employees again so that I know I'm working with safe coherent co-workers.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Mediocre company to work for

Ramp Manager (Former Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsAmazing flight benefits, flying anywhere in the country is free. Flying anywhere out of the country is very inexpensive. You can assign one person to be your registered guest which gives them a huge discount as well.

ConsThe worst part about this job, for middle-line management, is that most of the front-line workers are lazy and disrespectful.
    Usually working under-staffed, so the environment is very stressful.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone. Management sets goals that are unrealistic but necessary to ensure that the lazy front-line workers meet goals so Piedmont can remain a competitor for contracts. I was middle management, and the worst part about this job are the front-line workers. The majority are lazy and disrespectful, and frankly, an embarrassment in front of customers. They lack regard for decency and professionalism.

Very fun and exciting company .

ProsYou get to fly free on US Airways and American.

ConsNot alot of hours average 12-20 a week.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed at least $10.00 an hour.

Best of the worse when it comes to regional.

Captain (Former Employee)

ProsFine people - crew scheduling excluded.

ConsCrew scheduling. AM/PM/AM/PM rotations.

Advice to Senior ManagementFly the line for a month.

Work hard, do your job correctly and learn to network and you will do well.

Ramp Manager (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsTravel Benefits, Potential for Advancement

ConsNetworking is needed to advance

Advice to Senior ManagementLower positions should be shown more appreciation.

Good Regional Airline

ProsOverall the company is like one large family.

ConsUnless you live where you work, it is not easy to commute.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember what it is like to be out on the line.

Customer Service

Customer Service (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsIt was a great opportunity to get customer service experience

ConsThe clarity for the employee's expectations and rules were not clear. Make sure you do much research on their employee handbooks.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease make sure the new employees are aware of any employee rules that are not clear, along with understanding the way to keep employee's is appreciating them.

Stepping Stone

Flight Attendant (Current Employee)

ProsTravel benefits. Close knit workplace. Great co workers. This is a place that you can get your start in aviation, get your foot in the door so to speak, but be ready to move on. The future is foggy and probably not worth the trouble of sticking around.

ConsManagement is antiquated and does not realize the value of treating their employees with respect.
    These are great airplanes from a pilot stand point but they are dirty and outdated in the back for the customers. Management truly falls short of training the employees on customer service which seems absurd in an industry based on it.
    The schedules are awful.

Advice to Senior ManagementJoin us in the technological revolution. Be nice to your employees and they will be happy and provide a good service.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Worked for Piedmont Airlines? Contribute to the Community!